Disappointing Win

Perspective

Liked Posts:
I love the win don't get me wrong. Pumped about the D bouncing back from the loss last week, which was actually more satisfying than I originally thought because they learned from it and got the win yesterday.

But it's disappointing that the O just doesn't score points. I'm happy Nagy didn't give the game away but he didn't take the game either, just played possession football at the end. Does he not have confidence in his new QB1? Where is the explosive offense we've been told takes 3 years to put together? It wasn't on display yesterday, that's for sure.

I'm not hating on Feilds but it sure doesn't look good for him tryna become the star he should be destined to be with Nagy running the show.

Disappointing ?

if Mooney and ARob both catch the ball like they are supposed to, you don’t think we score another 10-14 points ?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The narrative is completely different if Allen Robinson catches that long ball.

Exactly

The miss to Mooney may have been a little long but Mooney appeared to get turned for a step. Either way, connect on those two passes and there's at least 10 more points and everyone looks at the game different. Fields had a lot to learn, just like Wilson and Lawrence. When you're on the 4 and you're 2 TEs are covered by DBs you don't throw it to your speed WR with no room or time to develop the play. Graham is not what he once was but in the 4 with a DB on him he is still very good at the position game. Should have been an easy pitch and catch TD. That's 4 more points. Different outcome on 3 plays and they have a 30 point lead. Nagy didn't have time during the week to install two separate gameplans. If Dalton is out you'll see a different plan for Fields. Sit back and enjoy the ride. It may take most of the season for Fields to understand everything he's seeing. But when he does, it's going to be special.

If Arob closes his arms on the 35 yard dime for the would be tuddy and Mooney makes the catch on left sideline that hit him in the hands for another 20+ yard chunk play, the perception of Fields game is MUCH different.

Soldier Field would have been going nuts on the Arob play in particular.

That decision on the pick 6 looked all too familiar though, hopefully he proves he learns from mistakes.

I am horny af to watch the official start of the Justin Fields era this Sunday vs the Browns in Ohio. The script is being written. Full week of preparation with the 1’s for the first time. It’s fucking go time.

This isn't a "narrative" game I'm playing. Objectively speaking those drops change our mood if they are caught and result in scores, but there was plenty of offensive miscues to disappoint and underwhelm, from both Feilds and Nagy. I'm more concerned with Nagy. Feilds is a rookie and fullt looked like one yesterday.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They threw passed 10 yards and the QB held the ball longer than what would have been 2020 NFL low 2.1 seconds.

The OL still accounts for a measly $13 mil.
Yeah, that's a good point. But, where were those massive holes for Monty?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This isn't a "narrative" game I'm playing. Objectively speaking those drops change our mood if they are caught and result in scores, but there was plenty of offensive miscues to disappoint and underwhelm, from both Feilds and Nagy. I'm more concerned with Nagy. Feilds is a rookie and fullt looked like one yesterday.
Everything you say here is 100 percent correct. In fact, by his own admission, the rookie QB said he wasn't happy with how he played yesterday. We want that. We want him being honest and wanting to improve. One other thought I had is a few other rookie QBs struggled yesterday, and just as we shouldn't judge our rookie QB too soon, others shouldn't give up on people like Mac Jones, Trevor Lawrence, etc. Most of the time, rookies QB are going to have their growing pains when it's live fire, something you can't simulate in practice because you don't have 320 pound Otis MFers trying to break your ribs. Those growing pains however will hopefully produce franchise QBs, and I think all three of those guys mentioned will evolve.

At some point, probably next season when he's starting from day one in training camp, rookie QB will absolutely look like a franchise QB. That doesn't mean he won't show flashes of brilliance before then, because he will (they all will). But rookie QB is going to make some mistakes as well. Let's get the rookie mistakes out of the way as soon as possible, before we lose half the defense to age and attrition.

The most concerning thing he said in that press-conference above (at least in my opinion) is when he was discussing his scramble, he stated that nobody was open. There's either something amiss with the receivers not getting separation or with the play-calling (duh), or both. Either way, I think the Bears are a couple more players on the offensive-line and at the wide-receiver position away from truly being a dangerous offensive team.

Other thoughts:
  • It appeared to me that Nagy deliberately called plays to keep Fields in the pocket, I think trying to get him used to live NFL fire
  • Is Mooney showing signs of a sophomore slump?
  • Where are the tight-end receptions?
  • Angelo Blackson stood out to me on defense on a few plays. That was a good signing.
  • It was nice to see Quinn do a little somethin' somethin'
  • Jaylon Johnson is a good CB
  • Duke Shelley, not -so-much
  • Why haven't we sent Marquis Goodman deep yet?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Many have been concerned with Nagy, nothing has changed there.

Looking forward to seeing Fields’ command of the offense with a full week of preparation knowing he’s the guy and a gameplan that caters to his skillset. I really think the combination of Fields mobility and the way he can attack every part of the field will open everything up.

The Browns are ripe for an upset.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Fields looked a lot like Trubisky yesterday...

Let's hope that fades quickly.

No he didn't. Fields obviously holds onto the ball too long, and the INT was certainly Mitch-like, but there were a few balls that his WRs didn't do him any favors on. The Mooney play would've been a difficult catch, but it was still there for him and he has to make that grab. Arob's miss was egregious. You expect a WR of A-Rob's stature to make that play. Him being thrust mid-game probably didn't help, but I'd like to see how he looks after a full week of practice. If he starts next week, I'm not expecting much against a pretty good Browns team on the road though.

Speed

Liked Posts:
It was a typical Bears win.

Defense did their thing. Absolutely putrid dogshit offense.

Wins are hard to come by, so I know we shouldn't be too disappointed, but for once in my life I'd just like this team to compete in both phases. If Mooney and Arob come down with those passes, who knows though. Maybe we'd be feeling a little better.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was a typical Bears win.

Defense did their thing. Absolutely putrid dogshit offense.

Wins are hard to come by, so I know we shouldn't be too disappointed, but for once in my life I'd just like this team to compete in both phases. If Mooney and Arob come down with those passes, who knows though. Maybe we'd be feeling a little better.
One thing's for sure. If the offense performs like this next week vs Cleveland, we might as well hand Baker Mayfield a Browns flag for him to post in the middle of Soldier Field.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
One thing's for sure. If the offense performs like this next week vs Cleveland, we might as well hand Baker Mayfield a Browns flag for him to post in the middle of Soldier Field.
The Browns are entertaining...so we'll have an entertaining game one way or the other...lol.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The game is in Cleveland. Remember that the Bears have no home-to-home or away-to-away games this year. But yeah, I'm expecting the Browns' offense to have their way with this Bears defense. The D's performance against Cincinnati was fool's gold. Yes, I know I'm a buzzkill.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The game is in Cleveland. Remember that the Bears have no home-to-home or away-to-away games this year. But yeah, I'm expecting the Browns' offense to have their way with this Bears defense. The D's performance against Cincinnati was fool's gold. Yes, I know I'm a buzzkill.
? My bad, I should have checked where the game was.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fields would have scored two more touchdowns if there weren't drops. Not to mention he can scramble for a first down pretty much at will. Sure he's rough, he's a rookie. But he's WAY better than Dalton.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Can any QB look really good under Nagy??

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Looked way better than Trashbinsky.

Sorry @Wuzzupi these are just facts.
Im not sure how or where he looked way better? If the qb had a 10 on and lighter skin, he would have looked exactly like Mitch..

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im not sure how or where he looked way better? If the qb had a 10 on and lighter skin, he would have looked exactly like Mitch..
No way Mitch could pull off that haircut.