Disappointing Win

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry if you didn't pay attention the past 3 years. Mitchs accuracy is brutal on every level.
Wasnt Justin 5-13 or something like that? I like Fields, dont get me wrong, but he looked alot like Mitch yesterday in that offense-

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Wasnt Justin 5-13 or something like that? I like Fields, dont get me wrong, but he looked alot like Mitch yesterday in that offense-
You can recite stats or use your eyes. 6/13. Like i said in another thread, the sample size is very small. But im not sure what more someone wants Fields to do when he comes into a game he gets no practice snaps for and throws a 40 yard strike to AR in the endzone for one of the worst drops he's ever had.

If AR catches that and Mooney catches the 30ish yard deep sideline pass, Fields is 8/13(61.54%) for roughly 120 yards, 1TD and 1INT. not nearly as bad as people are painting this.

Idk how anyone has watched Mitch for 3+years and think his accuracy is even close to the level of Fields.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
You can recite stats or use your eyes. 6/13. Like i said in another thread, the sample size is very small. But im not sure what more someone wants Fields to do when he comes into a game he gets no practice snaps for and throws a 40 yard strike to AR in the endzone for one of the worst drops he's ever had.

If AR catches that and Mooney catches the 30ish yard deep sideline pass, Fields is 8/13(61.54%) for roughly 120 yards, 1TD and 1INT. not nearly as bad as people are painting this.

Idk how anyone has watched Mitch for 3+years and think his accuracy is even close to the level of Fields.
I just hate that they have their new shiny qb and the "ifs" still pile right up.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I just hate that they have their new shiny qb and the "ifs" still pile right up.
But it’s really only two ifs in a game where he threw the ball 15 times as a backup. two catches by your best two WRs completely changes the narrative.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No he didn't. Fields obviously holds onto the ball too long, and the INT was certainly Mitch-like, but there were a few balls that his WRs didn't do him any favors on. The Mooney play would've been a difficult catch, but it was still there for him and he has to make that grab. Arob's miss was egregious. You expect a WR of A-Rob's stature to make that play. Him being thrust mid-game probably didn't help, but I'd like to see how he looks after a full week of practice. If he starts next week, I'm not expecting much against a pretty good Browns team on the road though.

lol… I didn’t say he WAS Trubisky or that he would turn out like him… but there were plenty of similarities yesterday. (Half were Nagy induced)
He looked uncomfortable in the pocket. He wasn’t processing the defenses fast enough and was hit or miss on whether or not he detected the pressure. I could have written that about Trubs after every game for the last 3yrs.

Thank god Fields is a 100 times more accurate than Trubisky could ever dream of. He can fix all of that other stuff and has a much better mentality than Mitch could ever hope for.

Nagy did him zero favors yesterday. He continued to call the game as if Dalton was still in there.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
If Fields played well but it’s the receivers fault then doesn’t that mean Nagy shouldn’t be blamed either? His WR’s let him down too. Is it Nagy’s fault that his WR’s cant catch?

Just trying to nail down the logic here.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This isn't a "narrative" game I'm playing. Objectively speaking those drops change our mood if they are caught and result in scores, but there was plenty of offensive miscues to disappoint and underwhelm, from both Feilds and Nagy. I'm more concerned with Nagy. Feilds is a rookie and fullt looked like one yesterday.

You are the voice of reason.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fields looked a lot like Trubisky yesterday...

Let's hope that fades quickly.

Naw, Fields put some deep balls on the money. Trubisky was either too scared to throw deep or would over throw his receivers. Trubisky was missing routine throws. I count 4 plays yesterday that killed at least 16 pts minimum. ARob’s drop for a TD, Mooney’s half ass attempt on that deep cross route (should’ve caught that). Dumb Nagy calling a TO on a catch by Marquise Goodwin that was originally ruled a catch but then was overturned once the refs got a chance to review it. Cole Kmet’s push off call on a nice pass by Fields. Just if 2 of those plays don’t fail it would be a different perception. Fields was making some nice throws that would’ve put points on the board. Fields wasn’t even close to looking like Trubisky. Trubisky still can’t throw deep like Fields.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
If Fields played well but it’s the receivers fault then doesn’t that mean Nagy shouldn’t be blamed either? His WR’s let him down too. Is it Nagy’s fault that his WR’s cant catch?

Just trying to nail down the logic here.
He didn't play well, but he wasn't terrible either. Most people are looking at his final stat line and judging his performance. If a couple of those balls are caught, the same people complaining would be all over his nuts. Part of the problem is like was pointed out, the bears were still calling the game as if Dalton were back there.

My biggest concern is the same as it was in the pre-season, he holds the ball way too long. Of course, he has the ability to extend and make a play, but it's still concerning. The int was absolutely horrendous. Can't have that. But the accuracy, especially deep, is there. Obviously he's still gonna need time before we know whether or not he can process what he's shown out there, but I don't think he bombed or killed it by any stretch.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love the win don't get me wrong. Pumped about the D bouncing back from the loss last week, which was actually more satisfying than I originally thought because they learned from it and got the win yesterday.

But it's disappointing that the O just doesn't score points. I'm happy Nagy didn't give the game away but he didn't take the game either, just played possession football at the end. Does he not have confidence in his new QB1? Where is the explosive offense we've been told takes 3 years to put together? It wasn't on display yesterday, that's for sure.

I'm not hating on Feilds but it sure doesn't look good for him tryna become the star he should be destined to be with Nagy running the show.

Disappointing ?
the only disappointing thing to me was Monty's 100 yard streak coming to an end, after all a win is a win

Last edited:

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Naw, Fields put some deep balls on the money. Trubisky was either too scared to throw deep or would over throw his receivers. Trubisky was missing routine throws. I count 4 plays yesterday that killed at least 16 pts minimum. ARob’s drop for a TD, Mooney’s half ass attempt on that deep cross route (should’ve caught that). Dumb Nagy calling a TO on a catch by Marquise Goodwin that was originally ruled a catch but then was overturned once the refs got a chance to review it. Cole Kmet’s push off call on a nice pass by Fields. Just if 2 of those plays don’t fail it would be a different perception. Fields was making some nice throws that would’ve put points on the board. Fields wasn’t even close to looking like Trubisky. Trubisky still can’t throw deep like Fields.
The Goodwin ball didn't get overturned. That ended up ruled a catch