Do you care if a player runs hard on routine plays?

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i want a player to run hard...but only as hard as they can without creating a large injury risk

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i want a player to run hard...but only as hard as they can without creating a large injury risk

Ha. Well yeah I mean that would be ideal, but no one not even the player knows if/when their hammy is going to give.

Hell look at Tulo yesterday, or Jeter a few weeks ago.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ha. Well yeah I mean that would be ideal, but no one not even the player knows if/when their hammy is going to give.

Hell look at Tulo yesterday, or Jeter a few weeks ago.

Should look at run expectancy tables and see when it's worth it to try to take the extra base, or run out a grounder. Most players pretty much know when they're going to be put out and will only turn up the jets when they see the defenders fuck up. It's really not that big of a deal to me.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Should look at run expectancy tables and see when it's worth it to try to take the extra base, or run out a grounder. Most players pretty much know when they're going to be put out and will only turn up the jets when they see the defenders fuck up. It's really not that big of a deal to me.

Your post about the RE table and not posting if because it wouldn't matter is one of my favorite posts to ever appear on this board, because it is so true.

bobferg

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am torn. If the player is fast, then no groundball is routine. If the player is a plodder, then even a bobble or 2 might not make them safe.

Also, on pop ups I dont think there is any real reason to run hard. How many people are going to get a legit chance at second bas on a pop up?