Does anyone else struggle to like what has become of the NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So you mean bad, slow, white guy football. Gotcha.
I kind of agree with DMelt actually. Not the run-all-day-long type running game, but I do enjoy watching a team grind out and wear down the defense with a good rushing game.

Warning: Anecdote Ahead

I remember watching a college football game a couple years ago - can't remember the teams right now. Anyways, it was a close game in the first half, but in the third quarter the team that ended up winning called something like 16 rush plays against 2 pass plays. Just wore out the defense, and came back in the fourth quarter with the play action and ended up scoring 21 in the 4th quarter.

Fun game to watch. Wish I remembered which teams it was.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
And that was about 8 years before Jim Brown even existed who lead them to at least 1 championship I know of, Their final one for Cleveland in 1964. Plus the Browns actually were some of the few teams in the 50's to have plenty of black players, Paul Brown didn't care about anything other than if you could play football and obey his command.

DMelt is right. It is a fact the Browns with Otto Graham were viewed as a gimmick. I mentioned it before. The Eagles head coach literally scoffed at them for just, passing the football. The eagles were the defending NFL Champions while the Browns were in their first year of the NFL and it was scheduled because they wanted to mock the Browns who were coming from the AFC(This was before the AFL existed, the AFL started 10 years later in 1960) The Browns had won all 4 years of the AFL and dominated it with ease but they never got respect, until they went into the NFL and instantly won the championship their 1st year. Then won 2 more times with Otto Graham.

Though that is a lot of the origins. The AFL when it formed was known as a lot of passing but Paul Brown is more of a father of the modern passing game than anyone else, Bill Walsh was his disciple when Paul Brown started the Cinnci Bengals, after being outed by the 1 man still hated more in Cleveland than LeBron.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So you mean bad, slow, white guy football. Gotcha.
Willie Galimore is angered by this.

I think they called that game one of the first games that made people think the passing game was going to be a major factor in football.
1913 Notre Dame vs Army disagrees. :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.