Does anyone here "juice"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not steroids but with veggies and fruit! I recently watched a documentary called "fat, sick and nearly dead" and my head has been spinning ever since. I'm not an unhealthy guy, but I could do much better in my food consumption. So I've been watching all sorts of shit along the subject and I finally broke down and bought a juicer yesterday!

I must say overall, after a 65$ fruit and veggie run, I'm enjoying my first few drinks(meals). It's amazing how much of the stuff you can put through the juicer to give you 800ml or so.

My first drink consisted of kale, celery, cucumber, tomato, carrots and parsley. The taste was overall decent but not great, but after about halfway I could feel my stomach kinda turning in itself, so I fridged the leftovers. A couple hours later and feeling a little better, I got hungry and finished off my drink. I had an all fruit blend for dinner and I was full until bedtime.

Does anyone else juice or have recipes???

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My brother in law juices and swears by it. He convinced my wife to buy one, which she did and promptly broke (and those things aren't cheap). Instead of buying a new one, we just resorted to eating the stuff we were going to blend in its natural state. That way, we figure, we avoid any of the nutrients getting lost (I don't know if it's true that you lose a lot of them when you turn the ingredients into juice, but eating them pre-juiced can't hurt).

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I got my "big boss juicer" at walmart on sale for 40$, but I've already been told a few times that I should expect to buy a new within a few months.

A side note, juicing half an onion among other things is a really bad idea!

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I juice every day for breakfast. I also add chlorella, protein powder (25 grams), ground flax, and a micronutrient powder.

When I first started, I could tell a change within 2 days. My energy level was way higher. Started my day faster and did not crash after lunch. I also lost over 10 pounds that first month without changing any other habits.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I got my "big boss juicer" at walmart on sale for 40$, but I've already been told a few times that I should expect to buy a new within a few months.

A side note, juicing half an onion among other things is a really bad idea!

Vitamix ftw.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I juice every day for breakfast. I also add chlorella, protein powder (25 grams), ground flax, and a micronutrient powder.

When I first started, I could tell a change within 2 days. My energy level was way higher. Started my day faster and did not crash after lunch. I also lost over 10 pounds that first month without changing any other habits.

All in all what does your drink consist of?...ingredients wise?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All in all what does your drink consist of?...ingredients wise?

I also add almond milk and water, kale, carrots, and whatever other fruit I feel like that week - mangoes, apples, peaches, strawberries, blueberries, whatever. Sometimes a scoop of peanut butter and banana too. Since I use a vitamix instead of a juicer, I just get frozen fruit from trader joes.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, from what I understand, its crucial to have your shake within 30 min of waking up. This habituates your body to the nutrient intake and will result in increased metabolism and energy levels through a large part of the day.

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
Also, from what I understand, its crucial to have your shake within 30 min of waking up. This habituates your body to the nutrient intake and will result in increased metabolism and energy levels through a large part of the day.

That is nonsense.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOL at the people who buy this fucking nonsense.

If you wanted someone to starve you and feed you shitty smoothies I would have done it for half the cost.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Wow. You cut out calories and lost weight. Novel concept.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL at the people who buy this fucking nonsense.

If you wanted someone to starve you and feed you shitty smoothies I would have done it for half the cost.

Lol at retards that don't buy this shit.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't cut calories. Actually increased calories.

Exactly, I've consumed more fruits and veggies in the last 2 days than I likely did in the past 2 weeks. Already I feel a difference in my energy level.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is nonsense.

Absolutely is not nonsense. Obviously it does not have to be a shake. But eating within 30 minutes of waking up is important and will impact your energy throughout the day.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My dinner drink was 3 carrots, a beet, broccoli, parsley and some kale. It was actually pretty tasty and I had that with a piece of grilled salmon.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For me, its was a dramatic change because I did not eat breakfast at all before shakes. I usually did not eat until 10 am or so, aound 4 hours after waking up.

I could have just as easily started eating eggs and probably seen similar results. Shakes are just way more convenient for me and I hate eating right when I wake up, so its a way more compact meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.