Does Derrick Rose have "it"?

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Well...he could potentially show it in the ECF this year.

So the fact that Kobe, Lebron, and Pierce all had other stars on their championship teams doesn't take away from the fact that they have "IT" because they showed it in the championship setting, even though they couldn't get there without those other stars?

Having "IT" means transcending the game and achieving a level of greatness in pressure situations. It means carrying a team and being the best player on the court when your team needs you the most. I love D Rose, but he hasn't achieved that level yet. We've all seen the poor shooting, the wild shots and missed layups against the Heat. If he makes those shots, the Bulls get to the finals. It's got nothing to do with having another elite player to take the pressure off. It's a mental state, where the game slows down, and you're just doing what comes naturally without thinking.

Remember that Finals game against Portland when MJ knocked down all those 3s and just shrugged like "Dude, I don't know how I did that shit just now?" That's "IT". LeBron had "IT" in Cleveland, Dirk had "IT" in Dallas when nobody thought they would beat the Heat. The fact is, LeBron negated Rose in the playoffs and made him irrelevant. Hopefully, that will change this year.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Having "IT" means transcending the game and achieving a level of greatness in pressure situations. It means carrying a team and being the best player on the court when your team needs you the most. I love D Rose, but he hasn't achieved that level yet. We've all seen the poor shooting, the wild shots and missed layups against the Heat. If he makes those shots, the Bulls get to the finals. It's got nothing to do with having another elite player to take the pressure off. It's a mental state, where the game slows down, and you're just doing what comes naturally without thinking.

Remember that Finals game against Portland when MJ knocked down all those 3s and just shrugged like "Dude, I don't know how I did that shit just now?" That's "IT". LeBron had "IT" in Cleveland, Dirk had "IT" in Dallas when nobody thought they would beat the Heat. The fact is, LeBron negated Rose in the playoffs and made him irrelevant. Hopefully, that will change this year.
Alright I see what you're saying. You make a fair point.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
So you guys are saying the answer to the OP's question is,,,,,,,,,,, Derrick Rose "doesnt" have it?
:shrug:
Damn, i thought he did.
Now after what i just read, i dont know anymore.
I guess Derrick gonna have to show the world he has "it" so this thread can end.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
DERRICK ROSE WILL WIN 2014 MVP AND COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR AWARD.
BOOKMARK IT!!!!!

I like what this guy says in the utube video.
He may be right.

[video=youtube;019fiNvmmD0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=019fiNvmmD0&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

:beerbang:

1 more thing, Derrick Rose does have "IT"
Anyone who thinks otherwise is just plain out right Special person in SP94's book.

Last edited:

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons

Well said