Does Derrick Rose have "it"?

BullsZoneWill

Liked Posts:
Is this meant towards me? Did you read the article? I believe and said he does.
Derrick Rose has already proven he has the it factor. If you've watched bulls games since he's been on the team you'd be able to tell that. The real question is how good can Jimmy Butler become? In my mind he's the x-factor this year.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Derrick Rose has already proven he has the it factor. If you've watched bulls games since he's been on the team you'd be able to tell that. The real question is how good can Jimmy Butler become? In my mind he's the x-factor this year.

Rose doesn't have 'it' when it matters most; in the playoffs. He had no jumpshot to speak of and seems to struggle finishing around the basket in pressure situations. He does get to the free throw line though. But to have 'it,' you have to flip the switch like the elite players in the playoffs. This is a huge step that Rose hasn't taken yet in his development.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
This is a true statement, but you have to agree that having a clutch player is better than not having a clutch player. Imagine if Rose was not clutch...this team would be screwed. Having a player that can not only dominate through 3 quarters, but carry a team through the 4th quarter is a huge asset and not one that every team has. And every player that is like that is one of the best players in the NBA. Now that might not be special to you, but for a team like Orlando who has no one like that, they're mad jealous.

This is exactly why the Bulls need to bring in a Carmello Anthony or Lebron James type star.
The 2 players i mentioned have "IT" and define "IT".

If Derrick dont exactly have "it", then he would be better suited to step down and play a Robin Roll for Batman(L.B.J, Melo)......
If Derrick wouldnt be willing to take a back seat and ride with a true alpha dog with "it", then none of them will want to sign here, plus then you can forget about the championship thing...

Because the true "it" is the championship trophy itself.

The real question should be,"Do the the Bulls as a whole have "it"?
My answer is, "NO"...................

PaxGarThibbsJerry and ROSE should work together to try and bring "IT" here next summer.

:smug:

Last edited:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'm very critical of these team. Listen to the Bulls Zone. I dont believe they have enough to beat Miami. However I wont pollute message boards with toxic opinons. They had one chance at a max FA, James chose his buddies and latina infused ass in miami. Cant blame him. Please share the others and your source. Fact is Bulls have only had 1 chance at a max player while Rose has been here. "journalist" thanks for the compliment. This is a hobby for me. Just like wasting days with your negativity is for you. Try chuging the Kool-Aid once but spike it with Vodka so maybe you wont hate life for a night.

Let me try this once more. First, correctly quoting someone is doing it after the quote not before. It's really not that hard to do.

Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh three right there. Bynum and Howard two more

Read my posts. I'm far from toxic. You are hilarious. Yes saying Rose doesn't have "IT" but could get "IT" unless you qualify "IT" as meaning closeout a game which means Rose is just like 20% of the NBA. :clap: you are a tremendous troll

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
When was this said.
Please read the last part of the post.
http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...quot-it-quot?p=1059069&viewfull=1#post1059069

My point is, the will to want to better yourself for the future out weighs another playoff game victory.

Self should never outweigh the team. That's pure selfishness. I know, a toxic opinion. :obama:

I dont belive the risk of Rose coming back was worth it. I feel he made the right decision moving forward.

You are free to believe it all you want. The only guarantee was the playoffs at that time.

Give him time to prove it istead of crying about it on message boards.
You can't prove it, it's in the past. We will never ever know if Rose should have sat out. I have never cried about Rose hurting the Bulls. Seriously you are a bad troll.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Derrick had a serious potential CAREER ENDING injury.
He used wisdom and saved his career possibly.
What if he would of came back in the playoffs fresh off an injury like that and went down again?

Then you all would be saying, "derrick was stupid for coming back too early"...."Thibbs should be fired for playing him"......"oh noo, he's down again, there goes our future"....."what a tragic ending to Rose's career, it like Jay Williams all over again"..........................

I say, thank God Derrick sat out last season............

Derrick Rose has "it" when hes on the court. Thats what matters.
Period...............................

Now i hope its PaxGars mission and goal to bring in another player that has "it" to help the "it" we have right now.

:smug:

Last edited:

BullsZoneWill

Liked Posts:
Hideing behind a computer calling people names...c'mon buddy! James, Wade and Bosh planed to play together. How did they strike out on all 3? Bynum and Howard?! Whay money would they sign these guys with? What trade scenario should they have tried? You're not making sence. You're trying to back your ignorant opinions with false statements and more ignorant opinions!!! Look...i'm right in Naperville my friend, name calling on line i dont care for very much. I'd be more than willing to go meet around 135th and have a cup of coffee anytime if you know what i mean. Just DM me. I think i made the mistake of following. I also think must fans that read this bullshit would say your trolling. I posted the damn thread!!!!!

Thanks for correctly pointing out the proper way to reply to a quote. Wow man it's just a message board!!! Go Bulls!

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Hideing behind a computer calling people names...c'mon buddy! James, Wade and Bosh planed to play together. How did they strike out on all 3? Bynum and Howard?! Whay money would they sign these guys with? What trade scenario should they have tried? You're not making sence. You're trying to back your ignorant opinions with false statements and more ignorant opinions!!! Look...i'm right in Naperville my friend, name calling on line i dont care for very much. I'd be more than willing to go meet around 135th and have a cup of coffee anytime if you know what i mean. Just DM me. I think i made the mistake of following. I also think must fans that read this bullshit would say your trolling. I posted the damn thread!!!!!

Thanks for correctly pointing out the proper way to reply to a quote. Wow man it's just a message board!!! Go Bulls!

:andruw:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree it is better to have more clutch than less.

The team did quite well without him last year so I am not sure your second part works.
Quite well? Well I guess 2nd round is pretty good...guess I got caught in a hyperbole again. :rolleyes:

Take Rose off this current team though and I don't even think we do quite as well as last year...we don't even have Marco to bail us out with a terrible off balance fadeaway or Nate hitting runners from the 3pt line. But who knows...I could be wrong. Let's hope we don't have to find out.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Holy shit.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
I believe that Rose has "it". He's still a very young player with only a couple playoffs under his belt. If he's able to return to pre-injury form, he's arguably the 3rd best player in the NBA.

Just like the vast majority of past NBA superstars that won a championship, he needs a player alongside of him that can chip in offensively on a consistent basis.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Its official.
Derrick Rose has "IT"
Its silly that a thread was made to question whether Derrick Rose has "it" or not......

Just like Mr.247 simply put it, "MVP, Nuff said, holla"...:beerbang:....end of story......................

modz-y-u-no-close-this-thread.jpg

Last edited:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
its official.
Derrick Rose has "IT"
Its silly that a thread was made to question has "it" or not......

Thread may now be closed.

As defined the ability to close out a game. Yes he does. As does a lot of NBA players. Nothing special there.

BullsZoneWill

Liked Posts:
As defined the ability to close out a game. Yes he does. As does a lot of NBA players. Nothing special there.

The ability to close out a NBA game isn't special?! Go away!!! Once again sir, your opinons are toxic and ignorant

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Makes thread guaranteeing to get the responses he wants. Gets all pissy when one doesn't agree with him.

Thank you for making the Bulls forum better. I look forward to your articles.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just out of curiosity, how do you define "a lot" of NBA players? We talking like...15? 50? 100?

I'll just toss out a few names that I was thinking of when I thought of closers...players who can consistently put their team on their back for 5 minutes at the end of a close game and come out on top (that is what closing out a game means...right?)

Kobe Bryant
Derrick Rose
Paul Pierce
Carmelo Anthony
Dwyane Wade
Lebron James
Kevin Durant
Dirk Nowitzki

It's not everyone, but it's still a pretty exclusive list. Would you then say Rose is at the bottom of this list? Or since you say that 20% of the league (total size of about 400 players...13 minimum x 30 teams = 390, but a handful of teams have more than 13 players on their roster) should be on this list, approximately, what 72 other players would you add (20% of 400 is 80 and I listed 8 players)? Not trying to be condescending here or anything, it's a genuine question since you make it sound like so many players can do this well. Do note that I didn't define this as the ability to make a game winning/tying shot although all these players can obviously do that. Indeed, that particular ability is actually fairly well distributed throughout the league.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I would say it's in the 60-90 range. Basically two to three guys per team

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would say it's in the 60-90 range. Basically two to three guys per team
Really? Who's in that category for a team like the Magic? I'd say they have no closers on that team whatsoever. Or even the Celtics...I don't consider Rondo to be that kind of player personally. Or the Bobcats? Sure they have Kemba and Al Jefferson, but their have been able to really will their teams to victory based on what I've seen. That's not to say that bad teams don't have closers, but I think it's a little fuzzy at that point. Or at least I would say that they don't have 2. Heck...the Bulls definitely don't have 2. Under that logic, how could there be 60 such players, let alone up to 90?