Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thanks for joining us.

Do you guys recall the fade pass he threw poorly and incomplete?

We had 4 wr bunched to the right and they had 3 DBs covering. Trubisky never even looked to the right side. He immediately snapped and threw that garbage fade. I think this is the best example of his lack of recognition. View attachment 2571

He's definitely missing some things out there. I just don't think Mongo's example is a good one. When your 1st read is nfl open on a quick play and it fails because your short throw is a yard behind where it belongs, that's not a brane issue.

Stoper54

Liked Posts:
That's OK. I had issues with Rex without having really seen him play. If I ever see it in Mitch or this goes on too long I'll probably join you. Just remember to eat your crow for going so hard against a young QB if he does turn into something.

You can't pick and choose which stats fit your narrative. The last quarter he had an 84 QB rating and a 65% completion rate, which include 2 good games and 2 poor.

mikeeha

Liked Posts:
He's definitely missing some things out there. I just don't think Mongo's example is a good one. When your 1st read is nfl open on a quick play and it fails because your short throw is a yard behind where it belongs, that's not a brane issue.
Yea I agree. That's why I felt the pic I posted was a better example.

I think about my professional career and how I can train someone to do the work and learn the process. The problem I have and feel is impossible is teaching someone logic, pattern recognition and problem solving skills. This is something you learn over the course of your life.

If he's not showing it today I don't think he ever will.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't agree because we've seen it before in QB play. Not that you're wrong but that we have no idea. He's very new to this system and they have a lot more installed than they expected to which would indicate the opposite. That said, it may have been a mistake by Nagy but if the kid doesn't get severely overwhelmed, it should help him. Obviously, we don't know that he will ever be that guy but NFL QB play is often about staying in the same system for a long time for the reasons you state. It's been 3 weeks. Look at a guy ike Smith when he was in KC. He had the 40 Wonderlic. Took him a long time to arrive. Gabbert had a 42. Mcnabb had a 14. Akili Smith had a 37:dunno:. It's a very difficult position to know what's coming.

Even rote learners can succeed in that situation with experience. It's not just the patterns that he's thinking about either. He's still working his drops, mechanics and finding the line between risk and reward. I have no idea if this is the case but in the picture you show, there's a defender in blitz position and no blocker on the edge or in the backfield. Hard to know what he's been taught in that situation or if his reaction was inappropriate. We all want a transcendent QB but he may never become that. If he just became very good, I think we'd all be satisfied. None of us know if that will happen or not.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Throw should have been a full yard ahead of where he threw it but other than that, he did nothing wrong. Bad throw but not a bad decision. I'm not defending his game here. It was not great and he does miss reads like young QBs do but you're just wrong on this example, as you are on most of these that you post. I remember another one where you claimed Forte was a primary that was looked off and open when he actually had protection duty and released when there was no one to block.

Sorry, you're wrong. Ball placement wasn't bad.

Decision was bad. Staring down his receiver was bad. Not understanding the defense was bad.

And your analysis is bad.

Keep trying.

29ape8x.gif

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You cannot throw the flat on the wide side against cover 2.

The only reason the CB drops is that Mitch doesn't open to his side.

The minute Mitch opens to Robinson that CB is driving on the ball. You have a CB that needs to run 8 yards vs a ball that needs to cover 25 yards. Great job not throwing what they were baiting you into.

The truth on that play is that you are in a really bad call against zone defense. Short in breaking routes vs zone has most of your guys running into the coverage, there is not vertical component to draw defenders out of zones.

Good call by Arizona.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sorry, you're wrong. Ball placement wasn't bad.

Decision was bad. Staring down his receiver was bad. Not understanding the defense was bad.

And your analysis is bad.

Keep trying.

29ape8x.gif
Again with the misleading shot. Burton is already slowing down for it here. It's clearly behind him and brought the DB back into the play. Why Burton is facing directly backfield reaching back on the catch a frame or 2 later instead of lateral and the defender is already on his back when he was previously trailing. Pretty easy to see his brakes are on instead of striding forward.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thanks for joining us.

Do you guys recall the fade pass he threw poorly and incomplete?

We had 4 wr bunched to the right and they had 3 DBs covering. Trubisky never even looked to the right side. He immediately snapped and threw that garbage fade. I think this is the best example of his lack of recognition. View attachment 2571

The fade is a fine decision. He has a 6'3", 14 million dollar WR vs a journeymen CB.

The throw sucked.

If you look at the inside DB on the right side he is in a sprinters stance ready to pick 6 the screen pass.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The best throw on the Mongo thread is probably Gabriel who is in cutting at 10 yards behind the LBs, the real problem is that there is not vertical route to push the safety back on the route.

If Burton or Robinson went deep they would push the safeties back and open the window between the LBs and the Ss.

That is a man beater being run against zone.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The best throw on the Mongo thread is probably Gabriel who is in cutting at 10 yards behind the LBs, the real problem is that there is not vertical route to push the safety back on the route.

If Burton or Robinson went deep they would push the safeties back and open the window between the LBs and the Ss.

That is a man beater being run against zone.

I agree but this was not a bad decision. Burton was viable with a good throw. Taking your 1st read when there is never a poor read.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Again with the misleading shot. Burton is already slowing down for it here. It's clearly behind him and brought the DB back into the play. Why Burton is facing directly backfield reaching back on the catch a frame or 2 later instead of lateral and the defender is already on his back when he was previously trailing.

You're so full of shit.

Ball was not badly placed.

Unless you mean that it was badly placed because it should have been placed (thrown) to an actual open receiver. In that case, we agree.

Peterson made a break on the ball because he knew Mitch was throwing it, mainly because Mitch stared down his receiver from the snap on.

Let's hope he makes better decisions with experience. And Let's hope you learn football.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just showing more of your ignorance. Just saying it was not poorly placed shows it. Saw that was behind him real time and vid clearly shows the same. Would never expect you to admit it but at least come up with something more viable like 'that wasn't a completion if thrown perfectly' or something like that that. Trubs misses reads. I don't expect perfection at this time. That is a poor example.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree but this was not a bad decision. Burton was viable with a good throw. Taking your 1st read when there is never a poor read.

Decision is fine.

-He waits for the LB to clear to the flat
-The slant is as open as it is going to be against Peterson
-He needs to lead the throw a little more

But as I said this is a poor play to run against a zone defense. There really is not anyone open. The Cardinals want him to throw that long flat pass to Robinson they are baiting him into it with the CB at 8 yards.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Just showing more of your ignorance. Just saying it was not poorly placed shows it. Saw that was behind him real time and vid clearly shows the same. Would never expect you to admit it but at least come up with something more viable like 'that wasn't a completion if thrown perfectly' or something like that that. Trubs misses reads. I don't expect perfection at this time. That is a poor example.

Nobody should ever expect perfection. That's what a lot of the Bear fan problem is right now and always. Tillman screwed up an important play, we should cut him. Now it's happening with a 2nd year QB in a new system when his 1st year was in a bad system.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
True but we do need to see him do a bit more and not mass as many throws. If I'm nagy, I tell him 'I want you to throw 2 picks today'. Not that I really do or expect him to but he's far enough along that I want him to let it rip. I wonder if getting Mak and being able to win more conservatively has taken some of that away.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The CB is sitting at the exact depth he knows that he can meet the ball from. When Mitch opens the opposite direction he sinks off and ensures he is not beaten deep.

The only guy in the formation that he simply cannot throw to is Robinson on the wide side of the field.

It is a 1 yard gain with a serious risk of interception.