Does Trubisky have a Brain for QB?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The safe play is probably the little curl route that sits in front of the LB. Take the 3 -4 yards and move on to the next play.

The slant is fine, but it is a bad match up and the throw needs to be way out in front to avoid the CB.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
For this play to be successful there needed to be at least 1, preferably 2 vertical routes.

It is almost impossible to beat zone coverage when their is no vertical routes built into the play.

You throwing windows are minuscule and you never force any defender to open their hips and take their eyes off the QB. Without that you have 7 guys staring at the QB that can break downhill on you shorter routes.

What would have killed them would be

1-Robinson runs the slant
2. Gabriel runs the vertical right at the safety
3-Cohen [I think] runs the out

Now the CB has to pick does he sit on the out or close down the slant or the LB is in trail on Cohen, or to far to effect the slant, or you have Gabriel 1 on 1 with a safety.

The vertical is key to beating zone.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Can we petition for the Bears to get him a lobotomy?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
True but we do need to see him do a bit more and not mass as many throws. If I'm nagy, I tell him 'I want you to throw 2 picks today'. Not that I really do or expect him to but he's far enough along that I want him to let it rip. I wonder if getting Mak and being able to win more conservatively has taken some of that away.

:thinking: I think I would word that differently. I want you to take more risks on deeper throws today. You have 2 gimme interceptions, if you use them back off on the risks.

I've wondered that too, if the coaches are just using enough offense to win.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think they are using more but not lling Mitch to really sticking it out here just yet.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Decision is fine.

-He waits for the LB to clear to the flat
-The slant is as open as it is going to be against Peterson
-He needs to lead the throw a little more

But as I said this is a poor play to run against a zone defense. There really is not anyone open. The Cardinals want him to throw that long flat pass to Robinson they are baiting him into it with the CB at 8 yards.

Mo argument from on that.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
LOL just checking in because on the main forums list page, when this thread gets bumped into first place for Bears forum it says: Does Trubisky have a Brain