Dolphins/Texans

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes, that 45 minute flight will be brutal........

SMDH

It isn't just the flight. It is packing up and not sleeping in your own bed and not having your regular routine.

Road games are a pain in the ass when you get to spend 6 days at home in between them.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It isn't just the flight. It is packing up and not sleeping in your own bed and not having your regular routine.

Road games are a pain in the ass when you get to spend 6 days at home in between them.

Do they actually arrive in Detroit a day ahead? Just curious, I really don't know. Are they really sleeping in "their own bed" for a home game? Many don't live in Chicago. I get the huge advantage when having to fly half way across the US, three time zones away, but a 45 minute flight? Come on man.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Deshaun played well yesterday.

It was not a special performance because of the blown coverages and the run game, but he played well.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do they actually arrive in Detroit a day ahead? Just curious, I really don't know. Are they really sleeping in "their own bed" for a home game? Many don't live in Chicago. I get the huge advantage when having to fly half way across the US, three time zones away, but a 45 minute flight? Come on man.

Generally you fly in the day before the game, stay that night, and fly out after the game.

The trouble is with a Thursday game is you fly out after a walk through on Wednesday. Which means you only really have Monday and Tuesday to do your normal recovery routine. Physio, massage, acupuncture, yoga, whatever guys do to recover is really cut down to 2 days. You are not flying your masseuse to Houston for a Wednesday night pre game massage.

The flight is not really the issue, it is being away from your home routine.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Did you watch the Bucs game?

Also, they were largely open because Watson's movement behind the line of scrimmage kept the plays alive and gave them time to get that open.

That was true on the second TD catch by Jordan Thomas. All of the other throws were flat out open from the go.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Coming off an ACL, playing behind an atrocious line and just gaming your team to five straight wins. That's the warrior spirit.

His atrociuos line didn't allow Miami within ten yards of him last night. Nice try.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I watched the game last night - well, sort of. Had it on while doing some work. I never noticed Will Fuller get hurt. They said he walked off on his own, but he tore his ACL.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It was so predictable that with Watson having a good game, the mitch haters would come here to act as though Watson's game means Mitch sucks.

I could have completed those passes last night. No defender within ten yards of the QB or a WR. The throw to the TE that "Watson kept alive with his feet" was a simple roll out where he threw to his second read. Nice play, but hardly noteworthy.

This forum is like the current political situation: 90% of people react to everything from a dug in position and have no ability or willingness to simply respond to what is really happening with any measure of objectivity.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was so predictable that with Watson having a good game, the mitch haters would come here to act as though Watson's game means Mitch sucks.

I could have completed those passes last night. No defender within ten yards of the QB or a WR. The throw to the TE that "Watson kept alive with his feet" was a simple roll out where he threw to his second read. Nice play, but hardly noteworthy.

This forum is like the current political situation: 90% of people react to everything from a dug in position and have no ability or willingness to simply respond to what is really happening with any measure of objectivity.

So in your analogy which side is wearing the MAGA hats?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
His atrociuos line didn't allow Miami within ten yards of him last night. Nice try.

LOL. Houston's line is terrible. Arguably the worst in the league. This seriously isn't even up for debate. Pretty much anyone who watches/analyzes the NFL knows this. They've been really bad. It's pretty much a race to worst between them and the Cardinals.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

I love how everyone tries to write off Watson's great performances with every excuse in the book to not give him credit. It's insane the length you guys go to while every single one of you guys went ham when Trubs had the exact same situation happen against Tampa.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

[video=youtube;j9JCkcrpW10]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9JCkcrpW10[/video]

Pretty much a bevy of wide open WRs and all day to throw aside from the 2nd TD.

Chad_Thomas89

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I love how everyone tries to write off Watson's great performances with every excuse in the book to not give him credit. It's insane the length you guys go to while every single one of you guys went ham when Trubs had the exact same situation happen against Tampa.
How about we settle in the middle and say both games were fluke games for both qbs.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
How about we settle in the middle and say both games were fluke games for both qbs.
This is the second time Watson has thrown for five though, along with a couple of four td games. Trubisky looks to be coming around, but maybe Watsons knee is a little better. It's possible that both guys end up being good.

But the narrative that Watson only does good because of those around him is horseshit. Outside of hopkins, the rest of that offense isn't all that special. Will fuller disappears completely when Watson is out of the game, and that ol is complete shit.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Fuller done disappeared for the rest of the season now. Guess Watson will have to settle for 1 elite receiver of his dynamic duo. Fuller lit up the Dolphins for 124yds.