Status
Not open for further replies.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.espnfc.com/story/1976532

The legend has announced he will retire after MLS season:crying:

Greatest ever American player with pretty much every scoring record anything to do with American soccer. We will all miss him but it sure was fun watching him play. Wish he got the chance to play in the World Cup.

Kind of want him to go out with the MLS Cup, since, you know, the Fire have no shot.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well done Landy Cakes!

BillikenBear

Liked Posts:
What a great career he's had. Really sad we didn't get one more chance to see him play the WC this summer over Wondo. Would love to see him go out on top.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
It was amazing how in the All-Star Game last night he took sole possession of first in ASG Goals (previously tied with McBride) after having gone 12 years without one.

firefan2001

Liked Posts:
I wonder how long it will take AEG and Los Angeles Galaxy to replace him and not the type of players Dollar Menu signs (Puppo, Mac Donald, Anangono and absolutely nobody).

#HauptmanOut

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Kind of a strange move given that in all his interviews he always says, "I feel like I'm at the top of my game right now." Clearly not Landon. And JK made the right decision regarding leaving you off the roster.

firefan2001

Liked Posts:
Kind of a strange move given that in all his interviews he always says, "I feel like I'm at the top of my game right now." Clearly now Landon. And JK made the right decision regarding leaving you off the roster.
He should of been part of the 23 man roster. He could of helped, considering that Altidore went down with an injury just 23 minutes into game one.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
He should of been part of the 23 man roster. He could of helped, considering that Altidore went down with an injury just 23 minutes into game one.

Landon wouldn't have been a sub for Altidore.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
Kind of a strange move given that in all his interviews he always says, "I feel like I'm at the top of my game right now." Clearly now Landon. And JK made the right decision regarding leaving you off the roster.

Yeah, and before that he said many times how he wasn't the same player and couldn't give it 100% in training.

Bear06

Liked Posts:

landon is not a lone striker like altidore.

firefan2001

Liked Posts:
Landon wouldn't have been a sub for Altidore.
He wouldn't of taken his spot, but he would of been the sub that came in for him. Dempsey would of took his spot up top (like he did in games 2,3 and 4) and Donovan would of took Dempsey's spot.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Doesn't change the fact that he would have been a better option, especially with Dempsey up top he would have been perfect as the support striker underneath.

Disagree. I'm happy with the team the U.S. fielded and a lot of the young guys got some good experience. Even if Landon was playing, the U.S. doesn't beat Belgium.

firefan2001

Liked Posts:
Disagree. I'm happy with the team the U.S. fielded and a lot of the young guys got some good experience. Even if Landon was playing, the U.S. doesn't beat Belgium.

We almost beat them without him, so yes Donovan probably could of put us over the top and beat them.

Bear06

Liked Posts:

Yeah, I find it funny when some people say if landon was on the team the U.S. would have beaten Belgium when he couldn't even lead the team past Ghana 2x back in his prime.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
Some people just need to move on. The U.S. did very well and got out of a very tough group without donovan.

Reactions: 1ke

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
We almost beat them without him, so yes Donovan probably could of put us over the top and beat them.

LMAO almost beat them? You fucking crack smoker!! Belgium dominated the U.S. and the U.S. was lucky to be down 2-0 in OT. If Landon is on the team, Julian Green may not be (the guy who made the scoreline respectable at 2-1).

Please shut the fuck up. You don't know what you're talking about kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.