Draft "Called It" Thread

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So we're about 10 days away now. (can't come soon enough)

Anyone have any crazy predictions they want to make now so we can bump this in a couple weeks and see how "smart" you were?

My prediction is the Bears trade down not once.... but twice in this draft. It may not be in the first round. Maybe the second round and one of the 4th round picks. Pace has left some serious depth issues on this team and since he has a new coach he wants to fill those holes with rookies for Nagy to develop. I'm predicting we end up with 10 or more picks by the end of the draft. Lot's of day three stuff.

Flame away....

Make your predictions.

And no..... you can't say that CCS will be angry as a prediction..... that's a given.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Crazy prediction?

Most of the CCS members are either satisfied or happy with our #1 pick ... and Ommy calls Pace an idiot (ok, that 2nd part is a given).

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Little vague to call it but I agree, we trade down and grab extra picks. Hopefully a QB falls and this comes to be.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
So we're about 10 days away now. (can't come soon enough)

Anyone have any crazy predictions they want to make now so we can bump this in a couple weeks and see how "smart" you were?

My prediction is the Bears trade down not once.... but twice in this draft. It may not be in the first round. Maybe the second round and one of the 4th round picks. Pace has left some serious depth issues on this team and since he has a new coach he wants to fill those holes with rookies for Nagy to develop. I'm predicting we end up with 10 or more picks by the end of the draft. Lot's of day three stuff.

Flame away....

Make your predictions.

And no..... you can't say that CCS will be angry as a prediction..... that's a given.

Not flaming, but curious where you think that many picks (mostly lower rounds) could even potentially make the team. Which 10 guys on the current depth chart would you be willing to say adios to?
Adding picks to hide guys on the practice squad doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not flaming, but curious where you think that many picks (mostly lower rounds) could even potentially make the team. Which 10 guys on the current depth chart would you be willing to say adios to?
Adding picks to hide guys on the practice squad doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

Let's see. Without going name by name. I see:

2 WR
1 RB
2 Oline
0 TE
2 LB's
1 DE
1 CB
1 Safety

I've spoken openly about our WR problems. We have open holes there right now IMO and Bellamy should be on the bubble.
Benny Cunningham should be easily replaced by a better RB
Oline, I see few "sacred cows" on the depth chart. And we have a stud new Oline coach so it makes sense to get him some guys to develop.
LB. Kwiatkowski is someone who needs a backup and competition.
Desperately need some pass rush.
Unrein left and a rookie could fill his spot.
And while the secondary starters look good I don't see a ton of backups there that are locks either. Besides, that's always a good position to get special teams guys from as well.

Also, I don't think 10 rookies would make the squad.... some guys get injured, some don't work out, etc.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears trade down in the 1st and take a WR.... but they don't take Calvin Ridley.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I predicted a WR drafted weeks ago...I love DJ Moore(not the CB)...but he'll probably be gone by the 2nd round.

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Captain America will die at the hands of Thanos!

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I expect a trade down as well. I also expect a WR in the top three rounds prompting more Cam threads

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I expect a trade down as well. I also expect a WR in the top three rounds prompting more Cam threads

Can you imagine the threads if Pace did that IF Cam was still with the Bears?

Because I think it was going to happen regardless

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
1. Browns - Josh Allen
2. Giants - Sam Darnold
3. Jets - Josh Rosen
4. Browns - Barkley
5. Broncos - Baker Mayfield
6. Colts - Chubb
7. Bucs - Derwin James
8. Bears take Nelson

39. Trade back in the 2nd (draft Anthony Miller) and pick up a late 3rd... Rounds 3-7 are all defensive picks except the Bears add one other receiver rounds 5-7...

Called it...

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears are simply going to take Nelson if available, otherwise the top CB.