Draft "Called It" Thread

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace deals Howard for draft position/additional picks.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Bears Called It
Isaiah Oliver will be drafted by the Chicago Bears.

Other 31 Teams Called It
The Jets do not draft a QB in the first round.

What The Hell Called Its
There will be one inter-division trade.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Bears Called It
Isaiah Oliver will be drafted by the Chicago Bears.

Other 31 Teams Called It
The Jets do not draft a QB in the first round.

What The Hell Called Its
There will be one inter-division trade.

The Jets not drafting a QB would be wild considering all the picks they gave up to get to 3.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Whats a "big step"? Does he need to be a top 15 QB nest year? Top 10? What's adequate improvement?

I do not know if it is a ranking. I think it will be the eye test.

But with the investment that has been made I think that Pace can't have this pairing struggle out of the gate.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Jets not drafting a QB would be wild considering all the picks they gave up to get to 3.

Haven't you seen the movie Draft Day?

You trade up high and then you pass on the big name QB, so everyone thinks he has a problem and he starts sliding.

Then you fleece whomever you traded up with earlier so they can take that QB.

You are fine at QB because you already had one, people just need to believe in him.

Also bang Jennifer Garner.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The Giants have already said they are not touching a QB, they will be going after Chubb or Barkley. It's all over Serius NFL radio, their GM was on and it even came from his mouth.

No one knows what the Giants are doing. They would not release their plan to anyone. Anything a GM says right now can be ignored.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Bold: Chubb is still available at #8. Giants jump back in and trade OBJ to the Bears for the 8th pick.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I had to pick something stupid/crazy I'd say Bears trade back deep into the first and pick up a shit ton of draft picks from a team looking to go QB.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whats a "big step"? Does he need to be a top 15 QB nest year? Top 10? What's adequate improvement?

I don’t what what statistical goal or minimum MT would have to achieve to be a “big step”. I think his play and decision making need to streadily improve as one would expect with more experience. I think he has to put complete games together by putting points on the board and not turning it over. I think we all, including the haters, need to be able to think he certainty is on his way and has obvious potential.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bold: Chubb is still available at #8. Giants jump back in and trade OBJ to the Bears for the 8th pick.

I sincerely hope not. OBJ is an emotional weakling and a 15 yard penalty waiting to happen any time a CB goads him. I strongly dislike that guy.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If Barkley, Chubb, Nelson or Fitzpatrick are there that's who we get. Nelson is my most likely call. Otherwise we try to trade down.

Long shot, trade up for Barkley at #6 if he gets by the Browns #4.

Sticking with our picks, offense rnd1, offense rnd2, defense the rest of the way.
If we trade down for 2 firsts, offense/defense rnd 1. Other than 2 firsts it follows the above pattern.
McGlinchey, Williams, Hernandez the first pick with a trade down (Williams is my call).

I predict I'll be asleep for day 2 and maybe day 3 (infusion Friday, but with a steroid pre-med so I may be wide awake cleaning house, but I'm calling it now, nap time, I've never had steroids let alone IV steroids so I'm going out on a limb here).

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I do not know if it is a ranking. I think it will be the eye test.

But with the investment that has been made I think that Pace can't have this pairing struggle out of the gate.

I thought the eye test should have been obvious to most last year as he got consistently better. :shrug:

The eye test will never be agreed upon by CCS.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don’t what what statistical goal or minimum MT would have to achieve to be a “big step”. I think his play and decision making need to streadily improve as one would expect with more experience. I think he has to put complete games together by putting points on the board and not turning it over. I think we all, including the haters, need to be able to think he certainty is on his way and has obvious potential.

Some here won't think he's on his way till after his second SB win. (said partly tongue in cheek)

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Derwin James is drafted ahead of Minkah Fitzpatrick
DJ Moore is drafted ahead of Calvin Ridley
Josh Sweat is drafted ahead of Harold Landry

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
With some people's draft desires I'm wondering if they're not wanting him set up to fail.

The offseason so far has been almost entirely centered around him. They brought in three new pass catchers and hired an offensive HC and OC that will run a system to play to his strengths. You really think the desire to get an impact defender in the draft = "wanting to set Trubisky up to fail"?

FFS.