'Dre Hall should start over Callahan if...

Bort

Liked Posts:
So a .07s difference is make or break NFL speed... got it.

Hall had a faster Cone Drill, Short Shuttle, Long Jump, vert than TJ but you're right, scouts don't look at that fluff

History says that it is. At the cornerback position, there is a strong correlation between 40 yard dash times and the ability to play in the NFL. There's a particularly steep decline in the percentage of corners who stick in the NFL with times higher than 4.55 seconds. At 4.60-4.65 it's about 1%. At 4.68 it's 0%.

On top of all that, Hall looks fucking slow against 2nd and 3rd stringers in the 3 preseason games he's played in.

Bort

Liked Posts:
You significantly over-emphasize the 40. The timer is started by hand, and doesnt correlate to game speed. Tillman covered Calvin Johnson pretty well, who was 0.15 sec faster than Tillman by the 40. Larry Fitzgerald, one of the best WRs of this generation, ran in the 4.6's.

If the coaches (In Fangio I Trust) is so worried about his speed, then he'll train him to be physical. Beat up your guy at the line and he isnt going to gain significant separation in time for the pass rush to get there. You put a safety over the top to watch for deep routes anyway.

Your post is terrible and you should feel bad.

First, Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.47 at his pro day and declined to run the 40 at the combine. He never ran a 4.6.

Second, the myth of Charles Tillman being slow is one of the most persistent and annoying things on this board. Tillman ran a 4.39 at his pro day and a 4.49 at the combine. That's pretty fucking fast.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Your post is terrible and you should feel bad.

First, Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.47 at his pro day and declined to run the 40 at the combine. He never ran a 4.6.

Second, the myth of Charles Tillman being slow is one of the most persistent and annoying things on this board. Tillman ran a 4.39 at his pro day and a 4.49 at the combine. That's pretty fucking fast.

I feel pretty good on a consistent basis, right now especially. Your insults need work.

I did mistake on the Fitz bit. When I google'd "Larry Fitzgerald 40" it came up at 4.63. My bad for relying on google. As for the Tillman/Johnson comparison, we are using the combine results because that's the number you rely on for Hall. Based on the combine, Tillman is .15 seconds slower than Johnson, more than twice the difference you stated above was relevant for Hall (it is bolded in the quote you have at the top of this page).

And none of it is relevant to the NFL because WRs are rarely running 40 yards unimpeded in pristine conditions. Keep prattling about the correlation between a single measurement and NFL success, but until you show a causal link it really doesnt mean anything.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I saw the same post the OP made on another message board. I'm calling shenanigans.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
One of the points from the Pompei article is Scouts he talked to said the Bears should just start Hall, live with the growing pains and develop him all year.

Move Fuller to the #3 role.

Another reason why Emery should be incarcerated. Fuller, Shea McLellin, Bostic, Hardin and Greene. Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another reason why Emery should be incarcerated. Fuller, Shea McLellin, Bostic, Hardin and Greene. Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Fuller would excel inside. Let Fangio move Fuller around. We need at least two strong CBs do that though.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter