Drew Brees has retired

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Nah, we look back at his career and are simply reminded how hard it is to win a Super Bowl unless you're married to a Brazillian super model.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Jeff Hostetler > Dan Marino
Angry Triple H GIF by WWE - Find & Share on GIPHY

greg23

Liked Posts:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So the Saints didn’t waste a great opportunity by having a generational talented QB?
No, they didnt waste it. They were perennial playoff team and were all in the last 4 years for a super bowl. They only won one, but it wasnt for a lack of trying and they are a blown PI away from going to another one. They were just some bad breaks, but the Saints wasted nothing.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
And yet he doesn't even sniff the top 5 all time qb's and is borderline top 10
I think he's easily top ten. Not top five, but maybe he can be depending on your criteria. Either way, many people have played quarterback and we can all agree Drew Brees is in the top percentile.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
So the Saints didn’t waste a great opportunity by having a generational talented QB?
Winning a title is brutally difficult. Especially when the Patriots hogged over a third of them for themselves. Not a waste at all, do you remember what the Saints were like before Brees came along? They were basically Browns/Lions/Jags tier hopeless.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
No. Don't bury yourself deeper.

lol “bury”. It’s an objective opinion.

Just like it my opinion that the Bears wasted an historical defense in the mid 80’s. That team should have won 3 Super Bowls. It’s arguable the 86 defense was better than the 85.

Just like it’s my opinion that Green Bay is wasting Rodgers potential. Again, he seems to agree.

It’s called an opinion, everybody has one.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
No, they didnt waste it. They were perennial playoff team and were all in the last 4 years for a super bowl. They only won one, but it wasnt for a lack of trying and they are a blown PI away from going to another one. They were just some bad breaks, but the Saints wasted nothing.

The blown PI was not in the super bowl.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
lol “bury”. It’s an objective opinion.

Just like it my opinion that the Bears wasted an historical defense in the mid 80’s. That team should have won 3 Super Bowls. It’s arguable the 86 defense was better than the 85.

Just like it’s my opinion that Green Bay is wasting Rodgers potential. Again, he seems to agree.

It’s called an opinion, everybody has one.
Using not winning SBs to equal wasting is not an opinion, it's just really bad way to evaluate someone's career.

greg23

Liked Posts:
okay let's see your ranking then?

Brady
Manning
Montana
Elway
Marino

All definitely better.

Then you can compile a list of 5 or more that can be considered similar/better

Rodgers
Favre
Young
Aikman
Unitas
Etc, etc, etc

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
okay let's see your ranking then?

Lets be honest, if someone is borderline top ten then they are certainly in sniffing range of top 5.

Without doing any research or even really thinking about it much

P Manning
T Brady
A Rodgers
J Montana
D Marino
B Farve

I think he has a strong argument to be right at about 6-10. Certainly sniffs the top 5 all time.