Liked Posts:
901! congrats K, congrats Duke!!!

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Coach K:

"It's a game I've worried about since I new we were playing them...

...they have bigs, they have depth, and the maturity of their team is unbelievable...

...it's a heckuva win for us...

...when we got the 16-point lead, it's just...we got hot...

...we got a little giddy...

...our perimeter got a little bit tired based on their pressure...that's the way they play...

...we didn't do a good job of kicking [out]...

...at the end, we had three kids that made big plays...

...Andre's shot obviously...is just a big time shot...and it was pure...

...Ryan going up there and hitting two free throws, was just huge...

...Mason had a stellar game for us...big double double...

...we grew up a lot tonight...

...Belmont's just a really good basketball team...

...I thought we played a little bit better [than they did]...but our offense let us down...

...we were going to hold the ball...seth went too early [near the end of the game]...

...you couldn't be conservative, they played too good defense...

...that shot that they hit, reminded me of KY in '92...that was a helluva...that's when you start thinking 'this could be it'...

...the thing that [Rivers] has to react to, he's not used to driving and needing to kick...

...our fans should understand that we played a really outstanding basketball team tonight, these guys are very, very good...

...the last couple years we haven't had a pure point guard, and we won 67 games...

...I think Seth is fine...

...we need to just keep growing...

...I'm okay with Tyler and Quinn and Seth out there...

...Offensive rebounds [something they need to work on]...

...we had overpenetrated, and you knew as soon as we turned it over they were gonna hit a three...the basketball gods do that...we shouldn't be doing what we just did...

...bad offense...we turned the ball over 19 times...

...we played good defense...

...with a younger group, you just gotta be mentally tough...

...they were more ready than we were, which shows their maturity (on free throw rebounding)...

...We had a few possessions where you say 'what are we doing?' and some of that has to do with their pressure, and some of it has to do with our maturity...but the only way you get mature, is to play...

...We had to be very good tonight to win, and we'll be a lot better after playing this game..."

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Looks like I missed a good one...vs Belmont?

They said @ the top of the telecast that Belmont was just outside the top 25 in pre-season voting...fwiw.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Very close, almost too close for comfort. Don't get confused though, Belmont is a solid team. They are a good mid major who will upset a team or two in the tourney come March.

Austin River is amazing :)

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Derrick Williams is not impressed.....

pb-110324-dukeArizona-cheng.photoblog900.jpg

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
missed the game i recorded it tho:yeah:

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Duke looked more Duke-Like tonight...41 pt victory over a cupcake.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
903 congrats k

GOAT:yeah:

Reactions: X

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Coach K may be the greatest coach of all time, in any sport. Definitely in the debate.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
ya key is stopping buford imo and fronting sullinger

-sullinger will get his, so its not so much stopping him as limit his abilities...the plumlees have a good height and wingspan advantage over sully..and what sully thrives on is not athleticism like robinson..but more lateral size..and his ability to clean up and back down his opponent...again sullinger will get his..but we have to make sure that he is reasonably contained...if mason gets aggressive he can get sully in foul trouble and that would be huge

-buford worries me the most..because of his versatility and overall ability...limit him(play good perimeter D and help D) and really its a domino effect on the perimeter imo..you limit the perimeter...you make OSU become more one dimensional...and you just cant win a game by relying on sully entirely...especially with the plumlee's size...they'll make you work for your points

-on offense, make sure that we start the game on a positive note...if we get down too early, the energy of the crowd and the energy of the home team will be too much to fully overcome throughout the game

-craft is a pest on D and will give curry(who he will most likely be guarding) fits...curry needs to stay poised...make some plays, whether it be shooting off screens or making timely decisions...dawkins needs to step up from beyond the arc but also make some plays inside the arc...

-rivers needs to simply be rivers and give us that driving ability..i'd like to see rivers and curry drive and dish inside more...easy buckets in the post when the defense collapses..and i feel that duke never does that anymore..and its a real shame when you see other offenses do it ALL THE TIME

-mason needs to play assertively as he is...as well as kelly..those two are both dangerous in the post..and kelly has an outside ability to boot(imo he is really the key to this game because he stretches the OSU defense...which other than craft is good, not great i think KU's D is better)

-PLEASE GOD THEY ARE FREE THROWS FOR A REASON

that said i think OSU wins, but it will be close...

they have a really good squad...and at home they will be tough

its early, but i am not impressed with really any team outside of UK...UNC is a top 3 team but they are not on the level of 09 nearly as some compare them to...cuse has had troubles....uconn got upset..almost twice...

bbaker

Liked Posts:
How about those Harvard Crimson? 6-0. Just won the Battle 4 Atlantis tourney. Looks like they'll go dancing this yr for the 1st time since '46. All hail Tommy Amaker. :beer: