DUKE Thread: ACC Championship (UVA)

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
How about those Harvard Crimson? 6-0. Just won the Battle 4 Atlantis tourney. Looks like they'll go dancing this yr for the 1st time since '46. All hail Tommy Amaker. :beer:

helluva coach..and a helluva job

good to see duke alums having some real coaching success...johnny dawkins is doing a great job at stanford as well

i wouldnt mind having one of them succeed K

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
helluva coach..and a helluva job

good to see duke alums having some real coaching success...johnny dawkins is doing a great job at stanford as well

i wouldnt mind having one of them succeed K

I wondered quietly if that was K's plan when he advised J-Dawk to take the Stanford job...get some coaching/recruiting experience at a lower level and work your way to this job.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
I can see Johnny Dawkins taking over after Coach K. I can't see Duke reaching out to a big name coach really and will want to keep it in the family.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Haven't been paying attention and watching as much as I should this season. Only seen 2 of the games. How are the boys looking?

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Haven't been paying attention and watching as much as I should this season. Only seen 2 of the games. How are the boys looking?

Austin Rivers is slowly realizing his potential...and the rest of the team is slowly realizing he's the best talent on the floor. Mason (MP2) has really improved his game around the basket....he's gotta be nearly avg'g a double-double...but still fouls too much and has 2-3 TOs a game from trying to dribble too much. Miles (MP1) is still just struggling w/ his confidence. R. Kelly is as advertised...Seth is the best pure shooter on the team, Dawk is the best streak-shooter on the team. But we almost need both of them to be on against tough opponents to pull out wins. Thornton is not the naswer @ PG...but Quin Cook is trying damn hard to fill the void. Marshall's gonna be red-shirted...so we get to give him the presidential slogan "FOUR MORE YEARS!"

Originally, I thought we were a little over-ranked....figuring we should fall around 12-15. But now that we're a month into the season and I see how much parity there is in college bball right now, I'd say 5-7 is about right. UK, OSU, 'Cuse, Duke, UNC...all in around the same boat imo.

go to #1 ACC Sports Forum l ACC Basketball, Football, etc. - Powered by vBulletin and sign up. it's Rush's ACC site. me and Code are over there :)

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
actually i think that thornton should start...only because he brings defensive intensity...and plays a role in not letting big leads surmount early(like against OSU and KU)

cook just isnt ready yet...imo...but once he is....i think he(or rivers) should take over the PG spot

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Thornton has looked good in the games I have seen, but that's a small sample size. I'll definitely sign up and go on that board. Thanks man.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bump. 6 pm tip off tomorrow night. :deer:

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
duke2.embedded.prod_affiliate.156.jpg

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
ahh... this again.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
damn,it's been a while

sulaimon,so far, has been playing even better than i expected....i'm not so sure he's a better pure player than say rivers at this point..but he essentially has the mindset of tyler thornton, and has andre dawkin's body and physical tools..i love it

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
damn,it's been a while

sulaimon,so far, has been playing even better than i expected....i'm not so sure he's a better pure player than say rivers at this point..but he essentially has the mindset of tyler thornton, and has andre dawkin's body and physical tools..i love it

How much have you seen him play?

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
WHAT TIME IS IT?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

(game time, hoo.)

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This MSU/KU game needs to END!

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
10 minutes til tip off!

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Thornton, Curry, Sulaimon, Kelly, Plumlee

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
WOOT!

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Noel trying to break the leg of Plumlee early.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
PLUMLEE! :reptar: