Duncan Keith - Norris Trophy Lock?

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="225874" data-time="1397598943">
<div>

I understand, but remember even after that we brought in old ass Turco to start. Bottom line is I definitely am in Variable's camp, could this Hawks team win with James Reimer? My answer is unequivocally yes.</p>

</p>

That is just the start, I like Crawford on this team and wish the price were right but come time next summer that 6 million will be a lot to bear. Also the notion that Seabrook would be gone before is ludicrous in my opinion. #2-#7 are the absolute best pair in the league, and are the foundation for this entire team, replacing Seabrook is not something that is really possible in the short term, and via free agency would only cost us more.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Like it or not, you're not getting better goaltending than Corey Crawford for less money than what Corey Crawford makes. The guys who make less (Corey Schneider, Antti Niemi, Sergei Bobrovski) aren't on the market, or have incredibly long contracts (Luongo) or are bad at goaltending (Pavelec, Mason, etc.). Crawfors is a little over 8% of the Hawks' total cap load next season (give or take depending on where the cap actually lands), and that percentage will go down as the cap goes up.</p>

</p>

For a guy in the top half in save percentage and GAA, this is the going rate.</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="225932" data-time="1397664565">
<div>

Where the hell is this logic coming from? Goalie wins means that the netminder played well enough behind the team to win the game, that is all that matters. When he is 13-5-4 it means that in this current situation he is good enough for this team to win games. </p>

</p>

Also, your meaningless goalie win stat was good enough for Niemi to win the cup, 2.66 GAA and .910 SV% in the 2010 playoff....is not setting the world on fire in anyway and about what I would expect from Raanta. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Expecting a .910 save percentage from Antti Raanta is a completely unrealistic expectation. He wasn't stopping 91% of the pucks he saw by the end of Crawford's injury stint.</p>