Duncan Keith's pending suspension

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I figure this is going to get a lot more talk in the next few days, so here's a thread for all of that.

And it just came out that he's been offered an in-person hearing from the league, which I believe they're required to do for suspensions of 5 games or more. So I guess that means the NHL could be bringing down the hammer here? Who knows.

Here's the incident in question, for those who may have missed it:

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Definite intent to injure. He's most likely done until the post season, or somewhere abouts.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They should put Keith on trial for murder, maybe just execute him

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I keep trying to justify it not being that big deal and really working my homer angle, but this was pretty bad and stupid. Not quite Wideman stupid, but man what is he doing especially so close to the playoffs. If he wanted rest he should have just asked for it.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They should consider at least bringing Keith up on an assault charge in Minnesota, I mean the guy could have been like paralyzed or something.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kieth could have been paralyzed!! The young buck get over zealous and body slammed a top 50 all time hockey God, and God said nah bruh.

That fall was so awkward, may have hurt in its own right shocking the spine to land like that, not to mention painfully sore bodies these guys play with.

The incident was serious and I'm hoping the league takes a fair approach. He fell hard and awkward in the best of battle, I'm sure he thought a penalty was just committed and a cheap shot against HIM! Kieth!! Then in pain with the fucker standing over him halfway between a "god I'm so proud of myself" and a taunt. Savoring the moment. Keith misinterpreted the situation and reacted in painful retaliation.

I find this to be less than the blatant boarding checks that injure. Guys get slashed everyday, it wasn't a full power stroke. My fingers are crossed league says 2 games just to punish him.

I think if I was commish I would suspend him the rest of the season, and the league would cry foul because you would actually be rewarding Keith in this case by any length of regular season suspension.

For that reason I suggest making it last the regular season plus 1 playoff game. That hurts. That's punitive. And embarrassing for Keith.

I really really hope they don't bring down a hammer and he misses the first round. Or worse, but likely any worse would be moot.

Well, thank God we have TVR, GUS, Rizy, and Svedstein. We have a chance with that, it's just not good and we would need the right opponent to survive.

R K

Liked Posts:
And you'd need Crawford back and with zero much melon. Kieth is fucked. Minimum 5 games with in person hearing. I also agree Coyle's play was just as dangerous, but that doesn't justify hot head swinging his stick blatantly like that.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kieth could have been paralyzed!! The young buck get over zealous and body slammed a top 50 all time hockey God, and God said nah bruh.

That fall was so awkward, may have hurt in its own right shocking the spine to land like that, not to mention painfully sore bodies these guys play with.

The incident was serious and I'm hoping the league takes a fair approach. He fell hard and awkward in the best of battle, I'm sure he thought a penalty was just committed and a cheap shot against HIM! Kieth!! Then in pain with the fucker standing over him halfway between a "god I'm so proud of myself" and a taunt. Savoring the moment. Keith misinterpreted the situation and reacted in painful retaliation.

I find this to be less than the blatant boarding checks that injure. Guys get slashed everyday, it wasn't a full power stroke. My fingers are crossed league says 2 games just to punish him.

I think if I was commish I would suspend him the rest of the season, and the league would cry foul because you would actually be rewarding Keith in this case by any length of regular season suspension.

For that reason I suggest making it last the regular season plus 1 playoff game. That hurts. That's punitive. And embarrassing for Keith.

I really really hope they don't bring down a hammer and he misses the first round. Or worse, but likely any worse would be moot.

Well, thank God we have TVR, GUS, Rizy, and Svedstein. We have a chance with that, it's just not good and we would need the right opponent to survive.

Breh, Keith is lucky hes not in jail for what he did.... I am surprised he wasn't taken out of the building in handcuffs.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And you'd need Crawford back and with zero much melon. Kieth is fucked. Minimum 5 games with in person hearing. I also agree Coyle's play was just as dangerous, but that doesn't justify hot head swinging his stick blatantly like that.

Coyle did nothing wrong, Keith will be lucky to see the ice during our first round series.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Keith was clearly attempting to murder him

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Breh, Keith is lucky hes not in jail for what he did.... I am surprised he wasn't taken out of the building in handcuffs.

Coyle did enough wrong, I think if he doesn't linger over Keith it doesn't happen.
The weird part about this is Coyle initiated the contact and Keith fell extremely awkward.

Explain this to me, how is it much different then about 20 games back when Shaw took a big head hunting shot behind the goal, a scuffle ensued and the guy smashed Shaws face into the ice. The only difference is the cut, and I maintain that retaliation scuffles and cheap shots happen everyday. I watch a lot of hockey, not just Hawks who play relatively benign hockey, and I see a face slashed every night.

Toews wore face scabs most of season. Which he deserved for the dirty shit he is always doing. And we saw Toews intentionally slash a face this year. Most are intentional, though more disguised!! But that's bulkshit!! Keith was on his fucking back!! With a guy lingering over him after a brutal hit!!

That's the only saving grace our lawyers have guys, so we gotta go with it.

Man...I didn't even want to play that game. The wild are playing us like their lives are on the line during the regular season.

I even made a playoff prediction thread taughting a prediction that Svedstein would be a playoff secret hero!! But my battery died as happens to Cassandra, now I'm like Jesus fuck that prediction moved up the queue awful fast.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Coyle's slewfoot notwithstanding, there was 0 reason for Keith to go full Special person on him. Dumbass play from someone who should have known better.

I'm thinking 5-7 with a chance that the DoPS throws a hardcover version of "War and Peace" at him.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Coyle's slewfoot notwithstanding, there was 0 reason for Keith to go full Special person on him. Dumbass play from someone who should have known better.

I'm thinking 5-7 with a chance that the DoPS throws a hardcover version of "War and Peace" at him.
If Wideman gets reduced from 20 to 10, then this has to be reduced.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Is there a reason not to pursue criminal charges against Keith for his actions?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
This thread brings me back to remembering this hockey player a year younger than my friends and I in high school asking his coach if crosschecking to the back can get one attested.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With 5 games left, 6 is the number I'm looking for. Fair. All sides appeased and dealt with, Keith meaningfully punished. More than 6 I'm gonna groan and cringe.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol Ares, quit trolling the situation.

Adun

Liked Posts:
Will Coyle get a suspension too? He threw Keith to the ground away from the play, while not looking, could have hit the back of his head on the ice.

I don't have a problem with players retaliating, except for you know.. suspension

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
Definite intent to injure. He's most likely done until the post season, or somewhere abouts.

I think it'll be 6-8 games. I think 6 would be fair, but I can see the league tacking on a couple more based on recent suspensions the last couple years. Keith lost his cool, now it's going to cost the team. Every kid is taught early on that when your on the ice, you don't swing your stick in the air under any circumstance. Basic stuff.