Eagles don’t feel fair offer received for Wentz

cosmodinardo

Liked Posts:
agreed. it appears as if Pace is NOT going to outbid himself again for a QB.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Bears should leak that the Bears made a fair offer and the Eagles counter offer was unrealistic for a QB that was benched last year (what have you done for me lately).

They will likely be silent, and that is actually a smart strategy, just in case the Eagles come to the realization that they are not going to get a king's ransom, and Wentz is not going to help the organization by chewing up that much cap space and not starting....

Bears won't leak a damn thing. They're screwed if they do either way by court of public/dorkchop media opinion.

Public opinion of a fair offer is so varied right now, many will say he overpaid, while many others will claim he went too cheap and roast him for not being strong enough. Others still will continue to whine that he didn't really try for Watson. Also, we know Pace tends to "play nice" with other teams and nobody in this org. will every say negative about another person, club, or even their own player if he 100% deserves it. Gotta remain buddies with everyone!!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
LoL

No.

The Eagles are not taking on Cohen's contract and already have a nice backfield. They would be better off taking Anthony Miller because he only has a year left on a rookie deal and the Eagles have a lot of nothing at receiver.

Howie Roseman is a big fan of Cohen. This is not a secret.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
GTFOH! That dude isnt worth more than a 3rd rounder. You know damn well he`ll be released at some point. Nice try assholes.
He's really not even worth that. We have a precedent to this situation as recently as last week in the Jared Goff trade. There is no rational basis for why any team would have to give up picks for Carson Wentz when we just saw what the price actually is for this exact situation. If the Eagles don't have to give up a 1st round pick to get rid of Carson Wentz, the other team has lost the trade by virtue of their own stupidity and terrible negotiating skills.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
He's really not even worth that. We have a precedent to this situation as recently as last week in the Jared Goff trade. There is no rational basis for why any team would have to give up picks for Carson Wentz when we just saw what the price actually is for this exact situation. If the Eagles don't have to give up a 1st round pick to get rid of Carson Wentz, the other team has lost the trade by virtue of their own stupidity and terrible negotiating skills.

I don’t really agree with this. Goff didn’t want out of LA. The Rams were done. Wentz is demanding a trade but the Eagles would likely prefer not to go that route. The Rams also traded a future 1st which holds less value.

Wentz is certainly worth more than a 3rd.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Just something to think about (copy/paste from a Philly sports writer's Twitter):

Matthew Stafford career passer rating: 89.9
Carson Wentz career PR: 89.2

Stafford seasons w/PR over 100: 1/12
Wentz seasons w/PR over 100: 2/5

Wentz All-Pro Teams: 1
Stafford All-Pro Teams: 0

Stafford age: 33
Wentz age: 28

Is it THAT crazy to ask for a Stafford-type return?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Just something to think about (copy/paste from a Philly sports writer's Twitter):

Stafford never had a season as bad as wentz this past year. In fact very few qbs have. If this year was in the past and he was coming off a good year maybe not, but this year definitely changes everything

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I don’t really agree with this. Goff didn’t want out of LA. The Rams were done. Wentz is demanding a trade but the Eagles would likely prefer not to go that route. The Rams also traded a future 1st which holds less value.

Wentz is certainly worth more than a 3rd.
Both teams (Rams and Eagles) were/are desperate to get rid of their quarterbacks, and Wentz demanding a trade does nothing but worsen his value to the point where he is a negative asset. When I say 1st round pick, I meant their future 1st, because they are drafting in the top 10 this year.

If you're giving the Eagles more than a 3rd round pick, you don't deserve to be a general manager. There is ZERO reason why anyone should have to do that, given what we just saw last week, and given Wentz's injury history and performance last year, which was absolutely atrocious.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Stafford never had a season as bad as wentz this past year. In fact very few qbs have. If this year was in the past and he was coming off a good year maybe not, but this year definitely changes everything
Just to play devils advocate, I can't recall a more injured OL than Wentz had this year. 2 starters IR'ed before the season and 14 different starting combinations.

The Cheifs had 2 weeks to rotate things around and make it work and the Supwrbowl was the best they could do for Mahomes. Ended the game with a 52.3 passer rating.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Just to play devils advocate, I can't recall a more injured OL than Wentz had this year. 2 starters IR'ed before the season and 14 different starting combinations.

The Cheifs had 2 weeks to rotate things around and make it work and the Supwrbowl was the best they could do for Mahomes. Ended the game with a 52.3 passer rating.
I'm sure that's what Roseman is trying to sell and I'm sure other teams are reiterating his numbers from this year lol.

Personally I like Wentz and think he'll probably turn it around, but I don't think the eagles have much leverage right now

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Stafford never acted like an asshole to his teammates and coaches as well. That matters a lot.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Now do a graph of Wentz' QB rating from one year to the next. Cumulative stats are one thing, but a trend would show the real story.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Pace should just be a man and trade for the 2nd or 3rd pick. Have some #conviction.
Even if he had to WAY overpay to get to 3. We would have Fields or Wilson long term no matter who the GM and HC are going forward. It would be a step forward. Lots of these options could go in the wrong direction.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

LOL, then why didn't the Rams pursue Wentz?

because he sucks.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
agreed. it appears as if Pace is NOT going to outbid himself again for a QB.
When he paid all that money to Glennon he couldn't get top FA to even come here so it didn't really limit the team anyway. Our QB $ was low with Glennon and Mitch. He clearly overpaid for a guy that was obviously not his end game but it wasn't nearly the payroll disaster some make it out to be.