Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL, then why didn't the Rams pursue Wentz?

because he sucks.
Eagles have no interest in Goff. Like their QB, Big cap so it was a non starter. Stafford has more value right now but Wentz may be the better long term option.

Last edited:

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Stafford never had a season as bad as wentz this past year. In fact very few qbs have. If this year was in the past and he was coming off a good year maybe not, but this year definitely changes everything
And Stafford was never entitled Bitch. Wentz was like that in college, and when things went sour he put on his bitch fest pouty pants. No thanks. When he is good he is above avg, when things aren't all about him being a God, he fizzles.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Even if he had to WAY overpay to get to 3. We would have Fields or Wilson long term no matter who the GM and HC are going forward. It would be a step forward. Lots of these options could go in the wrong direction.
Let’s Wayover paid for Wilson or Fields? That sounds more like desperation

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I can't wait for this scenario:

We don't trade for Wentz. He goes to another team. The first time he plays well, half of the motherfuckers that don't want him jump in a thread and bash Ryan Pace with the, "WE COULD HAVE HAD THIS GUY FOR CHEAP!" stuff. :ROFLMAO:

Don't get me wrong, I don't give a shit if we trade for him or not. It'll probably be a complete trainwreck if he comes here. Because, well, of course it would be. But if he goes somewhere else and revives his career, we're gonna hear so much "woulda coulda shoulda" bullshit, and you know it.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I can't wait for this scenario:

We don't trade for Wentz. He goes to another team. The first time he plays well, half of the motherfuckers that don't want him jump in a thread and bash Ryan Pace with the, "WE COULD HAVE HAD THIS GUY FOR CHEAP!" stuff. :ROFLMAO:

Don't get me wrong, I don't give a shit if we trade for him or not. It'll probably be a complete trainwreck if he comes here. Because, well, of course it would be. But if he goes somewhere else and revives his career, we're gonna hear so much "woulda coulda shoulda" bullshit, and you know it.

Future CCS:

"I'm shocked, shocked( !!) that Wentz would continue to play exactly like how he's played over the vast majority of his career!"

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Future CCS:

"I'm shocked, shocked( !!) that Wentz would continue to play exactly like how he's played over the vast majority of his career!"

Yeah, I'm sure he'll be fine if he goes to a team with an OL and a non-dipshit coach calling the offense. But that ain't here!

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eagles have no interest in Goff Like their other QB and big cap issues so it was a non starter. Stafford has more value right but Wentz may be the better long term option.
Rams reportedly had teams inquiring about Goff, so they didn't necessarily have to package him in a deal for Wentz. As for Wentz possibly being the better option, I suppose if Stafford were to step outside tomorrow and get trampled by a heard of wild elephants that might be true,

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rams reportedly had teams inquiring about Goff, so they didn't necessarily have to package him in a deal for Wentz. As for Wentz possibly being the better option, I suppose if Stafford were to step outside tomorrow and get trampled by a heard of wild elephants that might be true,
5 years younger was the point there. Just because we've had some QBs go into their 40's lately, most start to decline around Matts age.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, he sucks and has only been digressing with a monster contract they foolishly gave him so they should be happy just to unload that contract.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
5 years younger was the point there. Just because we've had some QBs go into their 40's lately, most start to decline around Matts age.

Meh, age isn't the only factor, and Staff is only 33. Stafford has only missed games in one year out of the last 10, While Wentz has missed games in 3 out of the last 5.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Both teams (Rams and Eagles) were/are desperate to get rid of their quarterbacks, and Wentz demanding a trade does nothing but worsen his value to the point where he is a negative asset. When I say 1st round pick, I meant their future 1st, because they are drafting in the top 10 this year.

If you're giving the Eagles more than a 3rd round pick, you don't deserve to be a general manager. There is ZERO reason why anyone should have to do that, given what we just saw last week, and given Wentz's injury history and performance last year, which was absolutely atrocious.

Last season was a terrible year. Before that, he was an above average QB and would have won an MVP a few seasons ago. The Eagles asking price should tell you they don’t even want to trade him. Wentz wants out. I’m not even advocating for Wentz, but to say if you trade a 3rd for him you shouldn’t be a GM is pretty crazy.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Meh, age isn't the only factor, and Staff is only 33. Stafford has only missed games in one year out of the last 10, While Wentz has missed games in 3 out of the last 5.
Rams are in win now mode. It made a ton of sense for them to get Stafford along with the cap relief to stay competitive in the short term. Wentz may have more long term benefits. If you can't see that, it's simply by choice.

They both have career 89 passer ratings. In Stafford's 4th year he had exactly one more TD than INT, just like Wentz's last year.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rams are in win now mode. It made a ton of sense for them to get Stafford along with the cap relief to stay competitive in the short term. Wentz may have more long term benefits. If you can't see that, it's simply by choice.

They both have career 89 passer ratings. In Stafford's 4th year he had exactly one more TD than INT, just like Wentz's last year.

May have? Stafford's floor is light years higher than Wentz's, he has zero character issues, and a much more team freindly contract.

The thing about intangibles, you need to look at them all.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
but to say if you trade a 3rd for him you shouldn’t be a GM is pretty crazy.

I'm saying it because we now have an established precedent. Goff was a phenomenal quarterback a few years ago too, and has a career QB rating slightly higher than Wentz, even, but he just got shipped off along with a 1st round pick to Detroit because he was bad and on a bloated contract.

Wentz was far worse than Goff was last year, and he has an injury history, AND he demanded a trade. All of those things considered, there is no rational basis to say Carson Wentz deserves more of a haul than Jared Goff, and any team that offers more than what the Rams had to give up to get rid of Goff is a moron.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'm saying it because we now have an established precedent. Goff was a phenomenal quarterback a few years ago too, and has a career QB rating slightly higher than Wentz, even, but he just got shipped off along with a 1st round pick to Detroit because he was bad and on a bloated contract.

Wentz was far worse than Goff was last year, and he has an injury history, AND he demanded a trade. All of those things considered, there is no rational basis to say Carson Wentz deserves more of a haul than Jared Goff, and any team that offers more than what the Rams had to give up to get rid of Goff is a moron.

It was a future 1st which is basically the equivalent to a current 2nd. Furthermore, the ram were super aggressive and IMO overpayed to get the deal done quicker. Also, Stafford had a much better season than Wentz and has been the more consistent QB throughout their careers. I don’t think comparing the two deals is at all fair nor does it establish precedent. Two very different situations. Also, just because Wentz is demanding a trade doesn’t really effect anything. Eagles don’t have to trade him and by all accounts, they don’t even want to.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
What exactly do the eagles want?

At least a 1st plus. Read somewhere the Colts offered (2) 2nd rounders plus something later

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Well, he sucks and has only been digressing with a monster contract they foolishly gave him so they should be happy just to unload that contract.
I mean if with a monster contract he has only been digre...monster contract, that's a funny phrase. I mean what is a monster contaract? A scary contract, a contract with Frankenstein?... oops, sorry but I digress.

jive

Liked Posts:
Wanting a first rounder and more for Wentz is like a fat stripper expecting a c-note in her g-string because she was hot back in the day. It's like expecting people to stand in line on Black Friday for a PS3. It's like wanting people to pay for a subscription to use MySpace. It's like charging $50 a pound for a turd because it was once Kobe steak.

A drama queen with an injury history, bloated contract, and declining performance isn't worth it. Khalil Mack cost 2 firsts, and he was at the top of his game, unlike Wentz.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bears
Just went to an Eagle site. Their beat writers said nobody has even propose to give up a first at all. Plus they're trying to add their TE Ertz to make the package look more inviting.