Eagles Interested in Howard

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It was John Clayton on the radio in Philly

Did he mention why he thought that? Has he heard anything from the Eagles' camp? Any undisclosed source? Or was it just an off the cuff "darkhorse" comment?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Did he mention why he thought that? Has he heard anything from the Eagles' camp? Any undisclosed source? Or was it just an off the cuff "darkhorse" comment?

No idea. The station tweeted the highlights after he was done.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
It'd have to be a player-for-player swap. Bears see themselves as title contenders this year, I'm not doing anything that would hurt those chances. If Philly offered a 1st I'd think really hard (moreso because flipping that first for somebody else could improve the team massively) but anything less than that is a no. A 2019 2nd rounder does nothing to help this squad we have here today.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Trading Howard for Foles would be the riskiest move imaginable but the potential for a monster payoff is immense. What if Jared Goff or someone goes down for the year? The Packers, Chiefs, Saints, Seahawks and Patriots would probably just give up if they lost their QB for the year...but everyone else? Man...they would about give the Bears anything if they thought Foles kept their hopes alive.

The downside is if nobody gets injured the Bears traded a stud for somebody who probably never sees the field (unless Mitch gets hurt). Risk factor: over 9000. I wouldn't do it, but its a thought.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
There's absolutely nothing but rumors concerning this.

But just to entertain a hypothetical: the one thing we don't really know is how Nagy feels about Nall on the PS. If the plan is to use Cohen more, then we should be ok without a Howard-level power RB.

But I don't think there's any way we even think about it during the season unless it's for at minimum a 2nd rounder. And I seriously doubt we get offered anything close to that...

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Trading Howard for Foles would be the riskiest move imaginable but the potential for a monster payoff is immense. What if Jared Goff or someone goes down for the year? The Packers, Chiefs, Saints, Seahawks and Patriots would probably just give up if they lost their QB for the year...but everyone else? Man...they would about give the Bears anything if they thought Foles kept their hopes alive.

The downside is if nobody gets injured the Bears traded a stud for somebody who probably never sees the field (unless Mitch gets hurt). Risk factor: over 9000. I wouldn't do it, but its a thought.

Nick Foles is a last chance move. The Bears are super young and not in cap he'll like the Eagles.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's a fun game: Try to cite a single fact in that linked article.

The only one is that Clayton was on SportsRadio 94WIP.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Get rid of our RB at this point in time would be a huge huge mistake. Zero chance.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Eagles have been linked to Bell, David Johnson, and LeSean McCoy.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
BS speculation. We can play with the idea though... what would you demand for Jordan Howard?

1st round pick? A 1st and a player? 1st and another 1st? What is it worth to give up a bell cow Rb that has suddenly developed hands?

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's the over/under on Cohen getting injured five seconds after a Howard trade?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Yea the only way this makes sense is if we get a first offer and that won’t happen. Howard will get plenty of fantasy points for us and we need him in the 4th to wear down defenses. Just because of one game not going to drink that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Trade him for a 6th. "Stone Hands" Howard is garbage in this offense.