Eagles putting all the eggs in one nest

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I think in the long run the upcoming Dak deal will have a bigger impact on Mitch than Wentz’s. Much more comparable players IMO

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Mitch wouldn’t want to go anywhere else. Hard to see him wanting to leave Nagy, this culture, and very solid weapons. I think Mitch puts up about 4000 yds, 32 TDs, 16 INTs with a 65% completion rate, and the Bears lock him up for cheaper than this wentz deal.

While I think he will do it, Trubs still needs to demonstrate a capacity to improve under Nagy's system, before getting his paycheck. There is plenty of time and no need to rush a deal before his contract year. All in all, I think Trubs realizes he is in a good situation and if he does continue to improve, Nagy's role will have had a large impact. Also, Nagy has made his offense very QB friendly...just shovel pass or dump it off to this wide open guy because of a brilliant play design.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I think in the long run the upcoming Dak deal will have a bigger impact on Mitch than Wentz’s. Much more comparable players IMO

It will be interesting to see which team between Chicago, KC, and Houston, will jump first to sign their QB to a long-term. Those are the deals that will matter the most. On one hand, I think Chicago should be patient and wait to evaluate Trubs and pay him appropriately at the very end of his contract, but on the other hand, it may be advantageous to try and jump KC and Houston and let those teams pay more for their QB...idk, let this season play out first.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But by how much is the question. Enough to make addressing other positions with quality players a reality? And enough to justify a gamble this big with the most important position in sports? Personally I don’t think so.

LOL, dude trust me. The NFL is going to get yet another pay day that they honestly don't deserve. They're going to come away like bandits in the next CBA negotiations because DeMaurice Smith is an empty threat that folds like a lawn chair and right after that comes the re-negotiation of the TV deal. You best believe the salary cap is going to keep rising. Or did you guys actually think all these player contracts are paid out of the pockets of these billionaire team owners?

NFL salary cap: 188.2 M
TV deal money paid to each team in 2019: 255 M

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
LOL, dude trust me. The NFL is going to get yet another pay day that they honestly don't deserve. They're going to come away like bandits in the next CBA negotiations because DeMaurice Smith is an empty threat that folds like a lawn chair and right after that comes the re-negotiation of the TV deal. You best believe the salary cap is going to keep rising. Or did you guys actually think all these player contracts are paid out of the pockets of these billionaire team owners?

NFL salary cap: 188.2 M
TV deal money paid to each team in 2019: 255 M
We’ll see. It honestly wouldn’t shock me to see a lock out because of all the money in the NBA even though financially it doesn’t make much sense with the much bigger team sizes in the NFL. I honestly don’t think the cap will increase all that much in the end.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
It will be interesting to see which team between Chicago, KC, and Houston, will jump first to sign their QB to a long-term. Those are the deals that will matter the most. On one hand, I think Chicago should be patient and wait to evaluate Trubs and pay him appropriately at the very end of his contract, but on the other hand, it may be advantageous to try and jump KC and Houston and let those teams pay more for their QB...idk, let this season play out first.
Mahomes and Deshaun are viewed as a tier above Mitch though so they’ll get more money. Dak is the same tier so he’s the better comparison IMO. Either way I agree let the season play out first.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Mitch wouldn’t want to go anywhere else. Hard to see him wanting to leave Nagy, this culture, and very solid weapons. I think Mitch puts up about 4000 yds, 32 TDs, 16 INTs with a 65% completion rate, and the Bears lock him up for cheaper than this wentz deal.
So you expect no progress from Mitch in his second year in the system? Actually regression since he had a higher completio

Sorry for the previous f/u. What I intended to say was that Mitch made substantial progress from 2017 to 2018 (59.4% to 66.6% completion; 7/7 td/int to 24/12; and 77.5 to 95.4 rating. In fact you have him at a lower completion percentage. And with the 2 games he missed he would have been near 4000 yds last year. So why no progress in his second year in the system? What's your thinking?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Didnt read whole thread but the phrase ends with basket not nest.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Didnt read whole thread but the phrase ends with basket not nest.

I think it's a reference to the fact that they are Eagles putting eggs in a nest

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
this could be a good deal for the Eagles IF he stays healthy

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
So you expect no progress from Mitch in his second year in the system? Actually regression since he had a higher completio

Sorry for the previous f/u. What I intended to say was that Mitch made substantial progress from 2017 to 2018 (59.4% to 66.6% completion; 7/7 td/int to 24/12; and 77.5 to 95.4 rating. In fact you have him at a lower completion percentage. And with the 2 games he missed he would have been near 4000 yds last year. So why no progress in his second year in the system? What's your thinking?

Fair questioning. I may be low on my completion percentage but I always try to be conservative. I believe the run game will be better. I also still don’t believe Mitch has that Brees/Rodgers ceiling. I think he’s closer to rivers/Wilson. Numbers are numbers, but if Mitch put up the stat line I proposed the Bears are gonna roll with this defense. I love Mitch. Not trying to downplay him.....but I also don’t view him as a top 10 QB in the league. Think he’s closer to 15, which is great. Bears could win with him.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Fair questioning. I may be low on my completion percentage but I always try to be conservative. I believe the run game will be better. I also still don’t believe Mitch has that Brees/Rodgers ceiling. I think he’s closer to rivers/Wilson. Numbers are numbers, but if Mitch put up the stat line I proposed the Bears are gonna roll with this defense. I love Mitch. Not trying to downplay him.....but I also don’t view him as a top 10 QB in the league. Think he’s closer to 15, which is great. Bears could win with him.

I think we don't know what he will be. If he improves like he did last year, he will complete around 70% of his passes, throw 35 or 40 TDs and earn a rating over 100. That's probably top ten. If he makes no progress, then a lot of people will be disappointed. It remains to be seen and he's got to go out and perform.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

"According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the deal is worth $128 million, including $107 million guaranteed. His contract is now valued at $154 million total over the next six years."

This could backfire catastrophically in their faces if this kid doesn't start staying healthy and playing at his previous level.
4 years $128m extension to a good, but injury prone QB
or
4 years $88m for big D Foles who is just 3 yr older

Should've kept Foles and traded Wentz for a couple 1sts. They would've been setup for years.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
On one hand it makes sense because Wentz was putting up historic numbers before injury but on the other dude has had two major injuries and Philly is Foles's country. @Pegger please justify this

How can Philly be Foles' country when he is in Jacksonville?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
On one hand it makes sense because Wentz was putting up historic numbers before injury but on the other dude has had two major injuries and Philly is Foles's country. @Pegger please justify this

Just realized how many people liked this post. I am not Pegger, but from where I am, Philly fans LOVE Wentz and most believe Foles will suck in JAX as Pederson is the "Foles whisperer". They are wondering who can fill the void if Wentz goes down, but largely trust Pederson to "whisper" next guy up for what will MAYBE be a Super Bowl run in case he gets hurt.

If Wentz doesn't go down, they seemingly would bet their mortgages on another SB win soon.