Eagles putting all the eggs in one nest

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Just realized how many people liked this post. I am not Pegger, but from where I am, Philly fans LOVE Wentz and most believe Foles will suck in JAX as Pederson is the "Foles whisperer". They are wondering who can fill the void if Wentz goes down, but largely trust Pederson to "whisper" next guy up for what will MAYBE be a Super Bowl run in case he gets hurt.

If Wentz doesn't go down, they seemingly would bet their mortgages on another SB win soon.
Foles is an entirely different topic, but since you brought it up....

He is nearly impossible to predict, he had a a ProBowl season in 2013 even though he only played in 9 games he threw 27 TDs and 2 INTs..... Then he has looked like a backup QB...then he had his magical SB run....

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Foles is an entirely different topic, but since you brought it up....

He is nearly impossible to predict, he had a a ProBowl season in 2013 even though he only played in 9 games he threw 27 TDs and 2 INTs..... Then he has looked like a backup QB...then he had his magical SB run....

I did not bring it up. Pride Is Bears did as he believed it was a mistake by the Eagles due to Philly's love for Foles. I was answering saying that is not generally the feeling.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
At their best, Wentz is a much better QB. I'd certainly want Wentz more than Foles. Philly must not be concerned about the injuries.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
This makes Carson Wentz worth 17% of Philly’s cap space. Nobody has ever won a SB making more than 13.1% of the cap and the only ones to win making more than 11% are Brady, Young, Peyton, and Eli.

No it doesn't, it's actually 13.65% or so , and that's going just on 1. This year's cap number (number will increase every year) and 2. The average of the total contract (1/6). They haven't even released how the contract will be structured yet, it's not just going to be an equal amount of $ per year on the cap. It will likely go up each year with the cap.

To put this into perspective, Mack's deal last year was for the same duration, six years, and was roughly $2mil less per year, $141m. Hence on average the Bears are spending very close to the same average cap % on Mack as the Eagles are Wentz. I wonder how many teams have won Super Bowls with 12% of their cap spent on an OLB? But of course Mack's deal is heavily backloaded like Wentz's will likely be.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

"According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the deal is worth $128 million, including $107 million guaranteed. His contract is now valued at $154 million total over the next six years."

This could backfire catastrophically in their faces if this kid doesn't start staying healthy and playing at his previous level.
Ballsy. That kid has had 2 major injuries in 2 years.
I'll tell you what. The kid and his agent were hella smart to cash in now when his health is still a looming issue.

Carson Wentz isn’t a kid. In fact he’s more of a man than you two will ever be.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
As opposed to putting an egg in some other bird’s nest?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Because he was their QB during their playoff run and superbowl win. Foles will alwaus be a hero there

He will be a hero here, but it is NOT at the expense of Wentz, and Pedersen gets more credit for Foles' run than the outside might believe. Like I said to Md, most here think he will not be the same in JAX due to not having Pedersen.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I did not bring it up. Pride Is Bears did as he believed it was a mistake by the Eagles due to Philly's love for Foles. I was answering saying that is not generally the feeling.
I never said it was a mistake. Where did you see that in any of my post?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I never said it was a mistake. Where did you see that in any of my post?

I implied it from:

On one hand it makes sense because Wentz was putting up historic numbers before injury but on the other dude has had two major injuries and Philly is Foles's country. @Pegger please justify this

You literally said "on the other hand, two major injuries and Philly is Foles' country".

I don't see how I misinterpreted?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I think we don't know what he will be. If he improves like he did last year, he will complete around 70% of his passes, throw 35 or 40 TDs and earn a rating over 100. That's probably top ten. If he makes no progress, then a lot of people will be disappointed. It remains to be seen and he's got to go out and perform.

Don’t think Mitch is going to complete 70%. I definitely think he’ll make progress and improve. The numbers I threw out there would be a mark of improvement.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Meh. I feel like Mitch is the type of guy to give us a little bit of a discount and Pace has shown he has the ability to resign guys for cheap. Plus Mitch still has to actually show he’s worth that money still.

I agree with all of this. For whatever reason I have this gut feeling that if and when Mitch proves to be the franchise QB he is going to take a home town discount.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I implied it from:

You literally said "on the other hand, two major injuries and Philly is Foles' country".

I don't see how I misinterpreted?

Easy. The foles thing was more of a rib. The only mistake i see in thus contract is giving it to a guy with two bad injuries

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Carson Wentz isn’t a kid. In fact he’s more of a man than you two will ever be.

Even DezBears is more of a man than you so not surprised you still don't know what one is.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Okay, Modo wins. That had me rolling.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Was on the Eagles board and I would say 98% of those fans like this move. That being said most of them are saying that because of the injury history this is a gamble, but a gamble worth taking.