• No. The Cavs Have Too Much Firepower

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Yes. Bulls Are The More Complete Team

Votes: 19 76.0%

• Total voters

Kizzle

Find me Realcavsfans.com
Liked Posts:
Did the Bulls gain access to a time machine? So they can use MJ and a non-candy eating/suit wearing Rose?

If you guys get a time machine, we get one too and I'm bringing back prime Larry Nance.

czman

Liked Posts:
Way to early.

The Bulls and Cavs have done nothing this season yet. Hell Love has not even been traded yet.

Both teams have multiple players with health concerns.

The Bulls are depending on multiple younger players who are complete unknowns at this point.

Not sure we can even do an on paper matchup since neither team has done anything yet and on paper Love is still on the Timberwolves.

I know it is popular to jump on things really early, but maybe....just maybe, we should wait til 2015 and the trade deadline is over before we spend to much time talking about who is making it to the finals.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
You all simply don't realize the importance of defense, and underestimate the value of Rose.

Teams like the Warriors, Blazers, and Rockets can score a lot of points but can't stop anyone. Derrick Rose is the most unstoppable PG in the league and teams that can't play defense have no chance against the Bulls in a seven game series.

The Mavs, and Grizzlies are better defensively but with the additions of Gasol, Mirotic, and McDermott, the Bulls have plenty of offense to defeat them.

Spurs and Clippers.... These teams match up well with the Bulls and could win in a series, but I believe the Bulls are smarter and less mistake prone than the Clippers, and more athletic and younger than the Spurs.

The Thunder remains as a team with solid defense and offense that the Bulls will find hard to match. The Bulls have the advantage in coaching but I think the player advantage goes to the Thunder.

It's gonna be hard to assess the east vs west thing until we see some of these new teams. Even Charlotte is interesting to me at this point. I agree about Thibs and Rose, however. Thib's is our secret weapon, imo, and I don't care what anyone says, defense is the Bulls best weapon.

Rose plays a big role. Rose completely eliminates the other PG. If we had a healthy Rose against the Wizards, Wall would have been shut down, imo. Rose will do the same thing to Kyrie. These guys will be trying to stay with Rose all game wondering WTF their doing, imo. It's a completely different attack by the Bulls with Rose.

czman

Liked Posts:
Nene. Tough matchup for the DPOY on the best team defensive team in basketball.

Nene shot the best he ever has in his entire career playoffs and regular season from 16 feet out. Sometimes guys get hot for a few games from the outside and there is nothing anyone can do about that.

The Bulls did not play well. The Wizards also shot far better as a team on jump shots then they normally do. We also found out after the fact that Noah was on one bad leg.

Let's have some perspective. When guys are hot they are hot. When a team gets hot it is very difficult to defend them. You can only challenge a jump shot so well. Sometimes they go in and there is nothing you can do.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It's gonna be hard to assess the east vs west thing until we see some of these new teams. Even Charlotte is interesting to me at this point. I agree about Thibs and Rose, however. Thib's is our secret weapon, imo, and I don't care what anyone says, defense is the Bulls best weapon.

Rose plays a big role. Rose completely eliminates the other PG. If we had a healthy Rose against the Wizards, Wall would have been shut down, imo. Rose will do the same thing to Kyrie. These guys will be trying to stay with Rose all game wondering WTF their doing, imo. It's a completely different attack by the Bulls with Rose.
Or they'll just stick LeBron on Rose and shut Rose down.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Good call. That Bulls defense looked awesome last year in the playoffs. Our DPOY totally shut down Nene and we swept the series.

It was the Wizards BIGS that killed us. Nene completely molested Noah cuz the ref allowed the teams to play. It was ugly. However, the Bulls will now be bringing the deepest front line in the NBA to the table.

Maybe in NBA 2k. He's played in 10 games the past two years.

UNSTOPPABLE!

It's easy to be a Rose basher, and it's as easy to say "if not" as it it to say "if".

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nene shot the best he ever has in his entire career playoffs and regular season from 16 feet out. Sometimes guys get hot for a few games from the outside and there is nothing anyone can do about that.

The Bulls did not play well. The Wizards also shot far better as a team on jump shots then they normally do. We also found out after the fact that Noah was on one bad leg.

Let's have some perspective. When guys are hot they are hot. When a team gets hot it is very difficult to defend them. You can only challenge a jump shot so well. Sometimes they go in and there is nothing you can do.

Oh ok. So offense>defense

Got it.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
nene_hp_140426.jpg

nba_g_but1_cr_576x324.jpg

Yeah, Nene really played a lot of basketball that series. It's embarrassing that the ref's allowed this shit. I'll guarantee this doesn't happen again to a Thib's team again!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, Nene really played a lot of basketball that series. It's embarrassing that the ref's allowed this shit. I'll guarantee this doesn't happen again to a Thibs team!
I suppose making like 80% of his jumpers got to his head a little

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Or they'll just stick LeBron on Rose and shut Rose down.

That's old thinking. I don't see that happening again either. Rose won't have to force it over LJ like before. Thib's will have an answer for this, imo. As far as I'm concerned, let LJ chase Rose around all game. That would tire him out, imo.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Oh ok. So offense>defense

Got it.

No, but sometimes no matter how well you play defensively it really doesn't matter. You've seen games where guys were all over you on defense but a team is in the zone and just knocking down shots. It happens. And the problem is that you still have to score no matter how well you play defensively to win games. You know the object is to score more than your opponent. And it's fairly simple that Washington had an easier time scoring than we did that entire series and we still played well defensively for the most part. It doesn't matter because Beal had a coming out party in the playoffs and hit big shots. Yes, not having Rose did hurt, and the fact that he's played a total of 10 games since his first injury in the 2012 playoffs. Nothing can be done about that it's happened. It's beating a dead horse topic wise.

So, Nene is a good jump shooting big and he got hot. Even when there was pressure he was knocking down his jumpers. You actually want guys shooting J's and take those if they go in. It happens.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's old thinking. I don't see that happening again either. Rose won't have to force it over LJ like before. Thib's will have an answer for this, imo. As far as I'm concerned, let LJ chase Rose around all game. That would tire him out, imo.

Why?

It took Thibs 4 years to solve this issue? What was he doing Sodoku?

LBJ's conditioning is a big problem......................

Does this place watch the NBA?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Or Rose will be an arrogant bonehead and try to take Lebron one on one anyway...

I don't think he will, but that's what happened back in 2011. There's more offensive talent on the team though so hopefully we don't see too much of that.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I suppose making like 80% of his jumpers got to his head a little

Yes, we all know he played out of his mind, but it was Washington's physicality that took the Bulls out of their game. You disagree?