Eddie jackson elite

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We should just start drafting Alabama DB's every year. Even the back ups.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
LOL, I like me some Eddie Jackson, but his games against the Fins and Patriots were near atrocious. What's up with PFF and Bears safeties? Amos as All Pro last year and E Jackson midseason All Pro this year? As if...
?

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
LOL, I like me some Eddie Jackson, but his games against the Fins and Patriots were near atrocious. What's up with PFF and Bears safeties? Amos as All Pro last year and E Jackson midseason All Pro this year? As if...
?
Eddie jackson hasn't allowed his main targets to do much it's when everyone else fails to take on their own responsibilities, that's when you see eddie jackson miss tackles mostly that dolphins game.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love it when he flashes from no where to slap down a pass or under cut a route for an INT. But my favorite move so far is his Stripping! lol... but seriously though, his strips from AJ Green last year next to the sideline and the one this year were things of beauty. Tack on his ability to take it the distance and this kid is starting to look like a cornerstone of this defense going forward.

I wonder if we'll see him on Offense more often?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Man, I just dont get this. We watched he get scortched twice in that fucking game when a 10 yard pass was ending up as a 70 yard reception as he ole'd a few tackles taking terrible angles. Must be a weak position in the NFL if he is the best.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I've been disappointed in his play this season, so I should have known PFF would rate him high.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Man, I just dont get this. We watched he get scortched twice in that fucking game when a 10 yard pass was ending up as a 70 yard reception as he ole'd a few tackles taking terrible angles. Must be a weak position in the NFL if he is the best.

Think he missed tackles after the guy covering Wilson missed theirs. So wouldn't be credited with giving up the pass.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
On the whole, he has been elite. Why you people always hating on our Bears’ players that aren’t overrated QBs?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Wow, a little Eddie Jackson hate here. He’s had those two bad games, but let’s be honest, he wasn’t the only one missing tackles and blowing assignments. He’s the 2nd best playmaker in the for creating turnovers behind Mack. He’s also the most ranger safety we’ve had in forever, allowing our defense to run so how high safety defenses.

I really can’t think of any real ELITE safety’s in the NFL anymore, offenses are just taking over.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

It's PFF. So they don't take into account him getting rekt on those 2 plays. He was elite during that game, because his feet were pointed in the correct direction to compensate for the sun. He just didn't do anything on either of those plays.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
Elite players don't make game-losing missed tackles ever, not to mention multiple times in a span of only a few games.

He also makes game-winning plays, though.. so it kind of evens out.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Elite players don't make game-losing missed tackles ever, not to mention multiple times in a span of only a few games.

He also makes game-winning plays, though.. so it kind of evens out.

Says who? I remember when elite Brian Urlacher got juked by Tom Brady for a rushing TD... how does that fit your narrative?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Says who? I remember when elite Brian Urlacher got juked by Tom Brady for a rushing TD... how does that fit your narrative?

It balanced out every time he was the only linebacker that ever caught Mike Vick.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Wow, a little Eddie Jackson hate here. He’s had those two bad games, but let’s be honest, he wasn’t the only one missing tackles and blowing assignments. He’s the 2nd best playmaker in the for creating turnovers behind Mack. He’s also the most ranger safety we’ve had in forever, allowing our defense to run so how high safety defenses.

I really can’t think of any real ELITE safety’s in the NFL anymore, offenses are just taking over.

Hence the term safety. Last line of defense. Took terrible angles and got beat. The guy cant think he is doing anything wrong since they put him in an offensive set.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I've never complained about him, he's probably elite.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Eddie/ Bryce/ and Kurt Fuller are exceptional. Those 3 are killing it this year, especially with the lack of pass rush recently. They all have bad plays, but think about how many corners and safeties Cohen and Gabriel have made look silly. It happens

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's PFF. So they don't take into account him getting rekt on those 2 plays. He was elite during that game, because his feet were pointed in the correct direction to compensate for the sun. He just didn't do anything on either of those plays.

It wouldn't show up in his coverage stats since technically he was not the person that had Wilson in coverage. However, it would show up in his grade as he would get a -1 or -2 on that play for blowing the tackle. It would also count as a missed tackle in their tackle stats.

Case in point, his tackling grade for the Miami game is 36.9 which is atrocious. He was credited with 3 missed tackles. The guys that were credited with all the YAC were the guys that were suppose to have covered Wilson which is Fuller who gave up 61 YAC to Wilson and Trevathan who gave up 72 YAC to Wilson.

So I know people like to bitch and moan a lot but not sure what the problem is here. You can see on the first TD thaT Fuller comes up and does nothing (his coverage) and then Amos misses the tackle before Wilson then shimmies Jackson. So ya'll crying about the 3rd tackler to miss him.

On the second one, Wilson catches the ball in between Callahan and Trevathan's zone (the TE clears Smith out of the play) but Trevathan then overpursues and it is his fault that Wilson gets past him as if he had just sat in his zone and not overpursued, he makes the tackle. Amos who is guarding the outside guy then tries to tackle him and missed as does Jackson coming all the way from the other side. So again Jackson is the 3rd guy. So PFF got both plays right. Fuller and Trevathan are the guys that essentially spring Wilson and they are the ones that get the YAC associated with that.

[video=youtube;nEe9HLbkr7g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEe9HLbkr7g[/video]

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
It wouldn't show up in his coverage stats since technically he was not the person that had Wilson in coverage. However, it would show up in his grade as he would get a -1 or -2 on that play for blowing the tackle. It would also count as a missed tackle in their tackle stats.

Case in point, his tackling grade for the Miami game is 36.9 which is atrocious. He was credited with 3 missed tackles. The guys that were credited with all the YAC were the guys that were suppose to have covered Wilson which is Fuller who gave up 61 YAC to Wilson and Trevathan who gave up 72 YAC to Wilson.

So I know people like to bitch and moan a lot but not sure what the problem is here. You can see on the first TD thaT Fuller comes up and does nothing (his coverage) and then Amos misses the tackle before Wilson then shimmies Jackson. So ya'll crying about the 3rd tackler to miss him.

On the second one, Wilson catches the ball in between Callahan and Trevathan's zone (the TE clears Smith out of the play) but Trevathan then overpursues and it is his fault that Wilson gets past him as if he had just sat in his zone and not overpursued, he makes the tackle. Amos who is guarding the outside guy then tries to tackle him and missed as does Jackson coming all the way from the other side. So again Jackson is the 3rd guy. So PFF got both plays right. Fuller and Trevathan are the guys that essentially spring Wilson and they are the ones that get the YAC associated with that.

[video=youtube;nEe9HLbkr7g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEe9HLbkr7g[/video]
Thank you remy exactly what I saw.