Eddie Jackson to CB??

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eddie Jackson is a pretty good player....

Yes he had one amazing year....but its not like he didn't do anything the other years...
Despite not having an INT for the first time in his career last year he still had 3 forced fumbles and a TD
He has been playing more of a traditional FS....the year he had a great year he played more SS/FS mix....

Maybe its not him, maybe it is what they are asking him to do

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Eddie Jackson is a pretty good player....

Yes he had one amazing year....but its not like he didn't do anything the other years...
Despite not having an INT for the first time in his career last year he still had 3 forced fumbles and a TD
He has been playing more of a traditional FS....the year he had a great year he played more SS/FS mix....

Maybe its not him, maybe it is what they are asking him to do
I wish i could remember where i read it but one article i read showed numbers about how little teams didn't throw anywhere near E.Jackson because of his abilities to create turnovers. I don't think Eddie was or is one of the worst safeties in the NFL like many on here have been saying the last couple of years. I think when people see him not creating turnovers like he did early in his career and missing tackles, which i've always admitted that he doesn't always give his all when it comes to tackling, that they just go to saying he sucks. He needs to be better but don't think he's one of the worst in the NFL and not really close to it.

Liked Posts:
You called a player "kid". That get's certain segments of CCS in a tizzy for some reason.

Alot of players are though since the rookie cap of the 2011 CBA.

I dont know if theres more young talent in the league as a whole since then, or if teams are just playing their younger cost controlled talent. Im not sure if either are concrete facts but they at least appear to hold some water.

For us draft and develope buffs that rookie cap was a Godsend.

msadows

Liked Posts:
There was a poster in 2019 saying this. He was called a troll by you and others.

@Anytime23

He was still decent in 2019. Like, not good, but serviceable. He was at the very least a very good slot coverage option.

This past year he just went to ass in every category.

2021 will really define if hes just a guy or a special talent. My guess is its closer to the first part. Guy benefited greatly from our elite pass rush in 2018.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He was still decent in 2019. Like, not good, but serviceable. He was at the very least a very good slot coverage option.

This past year he just went to ass in every category.

2021 will really define if hes just a guy or a special talent. My guess is its closer to the first part. Guy benefited greatly from our elite pass rush in 2018.
so you will pick and choose when his play will define him and just call people trolls when you disagree with them. Got it. Great contribution to the board.

msadows

Liked Posts:
so you will pick and choose when his play will define him and just call people trolls when you disagree with them. Got it. Great contribution to the board.

He wasn't really bad in 2019 tho. He was like the 4th lowest passer rating against as a safety.

He was god awful in 2020. His passer rating against more than doubled.

You would expect a regression from 2018 considering he was amazing that year. Issue is now you have a trend of regression over a span of a couple years.

Not everything has to be black and white, evidently for you it does tho.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He wasn't really bad in 2019 tho. He was like the 4th lowest passer rating against as a safety.

He was god awful in 2020. His passer rating against more than doubled.

You would expect a regression from 2018 considering he was amazing that year. Issue is now you have a trend of regression over a span of a couple years.

Not everything has to be black and white, evidently for you it does tho.
His regression has gone hand in hand with the diminishing pass rush. To me, that isn't a good player. Thats a guy who is made better because of the players around him. Exactly what ive been saying for two years.

But hey, you keep on saying the same things I've been saying but two years late. Only validates me saying you've been the real troll.