Ego Ferguson Thread

What grade do you give the Ego Ferguson Pick?

• Total voters

Sentinel

Liked Posts:
Deone Bucannon or Kareem Martin somewhere in those rounds.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Deone Bucannon or Kareem Martin somewhere in those rounds.

I dunno how much Martin would see the field when we just signed 4 DEs and have Washington waiting in the wings. Not that he is a bad player or a poor scheme fit, he just wouldnt get much opportunity here to earn enough reps to justify a second round selection

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
there are a ton of guys depending on who we took in the 1st round...

If we took Pryor... I could see us taking Nix possibly even trading up... Even though i don't think he falls past the first round...

If we took Donald I could see us grabbing Buccannon

If we took Mosley I could see us going a ton of different directions...

With the 2nd pick if Jordan Mathews is on the board I don't think any team should pass him up... He should have been a top ten pick... Some team will pick him and he will be the steal of the draft... Jordan Mathews is the = of robbing Fort Knox if he falls to the 2nd round...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The tough part is trying to figure out which players will still be there in the 2nd so you know which way to go in the 1st.
If you don't go safety in the 1st then you better hope there will be a guy that can fit our system in the 2nd and vice versa with whatever other position.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
With the 2nd pick if Jordan Mathews is on the board I don't think any team should pass him up... He should have been a top ten pick... Some team will pick him and he will be the steal of the draft... Jordan Mathews is the = of robbing Fort Knox if he falls to the 2nd round...

Between Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, Martellus Bennett, and Matt Forte he might get 10 catches all season. Would be a complete waste of a pick that could've been spent on a DT, CB or S.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
it does suck all the WR talent the Bears will pass on , i guess it pushes down the defensive players.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Yeah unless you considered the fact that Brandon Marshall has had multiple hip surgeries and is turning 31 years old this year... You might not like to hear it but injuries will take their toll eventually on the guy... that life... But I don't understand why limiting his catches to 70 or 80 a year and developing his successor is such a bad idea at this point...

All I know is there is tons of talent at corner in this draft... and tons of DTs falling to the 3rd 4th and 5th round that can come in and rotate in right away with Paea and Ratliff...

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah unless you considered the fact that Brandon Marshall has had multiple hip surgeries and is turning 31 years old this year... You might not like to hear it but injuries will take their toll eventually on the guy... that life... But I don't understand why limiting his catches to 70 or 80 a year and developing his successor is such a bad idea at this point...

All I know is there is tons of talent at corner in this draft... and tons of DTs falling to the 3rd 4th and 5th round that can come in and rotate in right away with Paea and Ratliff...
And at some point all the hits Forte has taken will come home to roost. I'm not advocating taking a WR/RB at all costs no matter what in round two but I think the idea of not even looking to do it, or dismissing the idea out of hand is pretty stupid.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I still think in some order it goes DT,S,CB in the first 3 rounds, then BPA regardless of position for the rest of the draft. BPA later in the draft is something Emery did last year.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Give me some Shane Skov in the third, he will be a very productive MLB in this league.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There seems to be a good chance Jernigan falls to the early 2nd. If we snag Pryor in the first, that'd be a nice fill of two significant needs. Sutton should be there as well if we want an UT instead of nose. Or Easley if we want to add a pre-injured 3 tech to our collection.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so many. Ward, Bucannon, Roby, Hageman, DaQuan, Brooks, SJB, McGill.

I'd love to get Bucannon. Hageman will never be there at #51. I like Ward a lot, Brooks, too. Hope McGill is a 3rd rounder, but you never know.

james sanders

DE/OLB
Liked Posts:
Trade up in the second for Nix, Hageman, Bucannon. There's alot of value I think in moving up in the second.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I dunno how much Martin would see the field when we just signed 4 DEs and have Washington waiting in the wings. Not that he is a bad player or a poor scheme fit, he just wouldnt get much opportunity here to earn enough reps to justify a second round selection

I bet Emery would try and move him inside as he has played a bit inside at NC

Sentinel

Liked Posts:

Are we drafting solely based on winning now or do you want to stack the DL with guys who will be producing 2 years from now? Allen's a stop-gap player. We certainly do need to worry about a primary pass rusher in the next few drafts.

Not to mention the Giants first Super Bowl last decade where they had Strahan and Umenyiora with Tuck off the bench. We could replicate that with Allen, Houston/Young and Martin.

Rebuilding the Bears defense will take a few years to do. I don't expect them to have an excellent defense this year, but if we draft the right players, we can certainly have one soon enough. Those players come from the 2nd and 3rd rounds, and I really, really hope we hit with them.