Ego Ferguson Thread

What grade do you give the Ego Ferguson Pick?

• Total voters

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Skov!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it probably will be Sutton.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
hopefully Hageman is still there... But I doubt it... too much athletic ability to drop like that...

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
now it's Brooks and if he's gone, and I'm sure he will be, I like Hageman.

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
At this point I'd like to see us take Martin. Houston could move inside and give us strong interior play, Allen is getting old, so it's not like Martin would just rot. He could play inside with Houston in pass situations, giving us a pretty strong set of pass rushers. I see so much upside with Martin, I don't see how we pass it up. He would help now, and definitely in the future.

GSH1919

Liked Posts:
The value seems to be at DT which is a need. With Hageman/Jernigan/Nix/Tuitt all still left that seems to be a solid direction if a talented guy is still left. Still a pretty big need on the interior d-line atm and I don't like reaching for a need.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Are we drafting solely based on winning now or do you want to stack the DL with guys who will be producing 2 years from now? Allen's a stop-gap player. We certainly do need to worry about a primary pass rusher in the next few drafts.

Not to mention the Giants first Super Bowl last decade where they had Strahan and Umenyiora with Tuck off the bench. We could replicate that with Allen, Houston/Young and Martin.

Rebuilding the Bears defense will take a few years to do. I don't expect them to have an excellent defense this year, but if we draft the right players, we can certainly have one soon enough. Those players come from the 2nd and 3rd rounds, and I really, really hope we hit with them.
Allens not a stop gap- he's a double digit sack artist still playing lights out. Was Peppers a stop gap?

Bears are in to win now. Period.

Zhang Liao

Liked Posts:
DT:

Do not like Hageman...but I fear that will be the pick.

Would prefer Sutton or Jernigan.

We will see...

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
I'd be happy with any of:

Terrence Brooks
Rasheed Hageman
Will Sutton
Kony Ealy
Louis Nix
Stephon Tuitt
DaQuan Jones
Marquise Lee
Charles Sims

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
Walterfootball has timmy j going in the third round. I like this guy in the second.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Totally forgot about Jernigan. There are still some nice players on the board.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Unhappy with the run on safeties. I hoped Buchannon or Ward would be around at 51 - or for a slight move up.

But the DT's that are still on the board offer some really nice options for the 51st pick.

Saw a couple mocks with Bears taking Jernigan at #14. If we get him at #51 that would be very good value. Nix/Jernigan/Tuitt/Hagemann - any at 51 would be OK. Better than OK.

Sutton, Reid still out there for possible 3rd round pick if we go Safety or LB in round 2.

I need to look at the list of who is still available again - we have 18 picks before we pick again. Hope a lot of offensive players go among those 18.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
my mock of how id like the draft to go based on the mock from my fav football analysis site-(of players projected to be available with each pick)

round 2- pick-`timmy J (starting caliber dt for years)
round-3- #82- `Tre mason RB auburn (good football player bears need a rb)
Round 4- #117 `Cyril Richardson OG/OT Baylor (Better job of protecting Cutler)
round-5 #156 `Kevin pierre thomas LB Boston College (Defensive depth to an unknown unit . over 100 tackles)
round 6- #183- `Richard rodgers TE Cal - (depth for Bennet and Rosario who both seem to disappear at times.In a receiving option. had 600 yds)
#191 - `Andrew Miller C VT (center depth because of the starters age and eventual expiring contract)

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
lol half the board is dead after committing suicide when donald was chosen ONE pick before the bears.

scatterthegold

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2. Brooks/Joyner
3. Sutton/Jones/Quarles
4. Carey/Sankey/Sims/Seastrunk
5. Max Bullough
6. DThomas/Archer
6. Lyerla

Venia

If Garoppolo is available, I don't see how you pass him up even with all the other needs we have. BPA vs Need