Ego Ferguson Thread

What grade do you give the Ego Ferguson Pick?

• Total voters

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Terrence Brooks is still there he needs to be the pick.

Agreed.

Although if Phil actually trades next years 1st for an additional 2nd it would be pretty sweet if he was able to get both Brooks and Nix/Hagerman...

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Ealy or Hageman would make a ton of sense.

Versatile high upside DLmen that will not make it to 51. Get hem in the system for an extra year.

Unfortunately, I think we are in kind of a desperate position and need to take a risk on a player with high upside like Hagemann. We need a dominant player because we can't really get two solid players at Safety and DT.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Unfortunately, I think we are in kind of a desperate position and need to take a risk on a player with high upside like Hagemann. We need a dominant player because we can't really get two solid players at Safety and DT.

Why not get the upside of Hageman AND the safe pick of Nix (as long as his knee checked out)?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Why not get the upside of Hageman AND the safe pick of Nix (as long as his knee checked out)?

Safe picks don't usually concern players with big question marks on health. No one really can know if Nix has no more knee issues.

But either way, fuck trading next year's 1st round pick for a 2nd this year. Unless maybe it was for an really early 2nd round pick. Hmmmm...

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Safe picks don't usually concern players with big question marks on health. No one really can know if Nix has no more knee issues.

But either way, fuck trading next year's 1st round pick for a 2nd this year. Unless maybe it was for an really early 2nd round pick. Hmmmm...

I think it would be. Like top 5 pick in the 2nd early. Grab Hageman would be my guess.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I think it would be. Like top 5 pick in the 2nd early. Grab Hageman would be my guess.

Yeah, Tuitt or Hagemann. I would be OK with this I suppose, but the wheels better not come off next year and we end up with a top 10 pick...

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Yeah, Tuitt or Hagemann. I would be OK with this I suppose, but the wheels better not come off next year and we end up with a top 10 pick...

The wheels didn't come off this year with the worst defense in franchise history and Cutler missing half the season. We were still one game away from being a playoff team.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The wheels didn't come off this year with the worst defense in franchise history and Cutler missing half the season. We were still one game away from being a playoff team.

Yeah, but Alshon Jeffery broke out and who would have though McCown would have played so well? Our offense came out of no where. As for the defense which was absolutely horrible, people king of forget how many defensive TDs we scored last year. All that stuff kind of evened out imo.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If this happens, we can safely say the pressure got to Phil.

Or we can safely say that they see a guy they want that has a 1st round grade and want to go grab him while still keeping their current 2nd round pick.

Given guys like Nix, Tuit, Jernigan, and Hageman were all being talked about as people we would pick at 14 then I don't see why people would be that concerned with giving up a 1 next year when doing so would basically allow us to get what amounts to two top 14 picks this year. It's definitely better to get 2 first rounds sooner rather than later.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I see some articles mentioning CHI drafting Jace Amaro... that'd be crazy. I bet GB wants him.

Man, if we just would have landed Donald, our 2nd round pick would have been wide open...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As for our current 2nd round pick, DT seems to have the most value right now but a lot can happen between now and when we pick. Right now I would say DT or another CB (big enough to also play FS) should be the pick.

If we get another 2nd round pick then maybe you can go DT and young QB if Trestman is high on one of the remaining QBs.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
that would be interesting. who do you think he's targeting? is it even Brooks, with the trade up OR the #51? or are we looking at TWO of Hageman - Nix - Tuitt - Jernigan.

huh.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
If its a top 5 pick in the 2nd then I would entertain the idea. You have Ealy (Who i think is their top 15 player) Nix, Hageman and Jernigan all 1st round DT talents. And if you can land Brooks with the original 2nd that's a really nice draft.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
If its a top 5 pick in the 2nd then I would entertain the idea. You have Ealy (Who i think is their top 15 player) Nix, Hageman and Jernigan all 1st round DT talents. And if you can land Brooks with the original 2nd that's a really nice draft.

I don't see a trade partner in the top 5 now that I look at it.

Houston probably grabs their QB here.
The Redskins didn't have a first and probably grab an OL to protect Bob III
The Browns might be eyeing OL help or Marquise Lee
Oakland probably grabs their QB also
Atlanta might be the most likely if nobody they really covet is there
The Bucs would be a good candidate also

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
that would be interesting. who do you think he's targeting? is it even Brooks, with the trade up OR the #51? or are we looking at TWO of Hageman - Nix - Tuitt - Jernigan.

huh.

I doubt he had a first round grade on Brooks, if he traded up I think it would be for one of the DT's

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I have this image of Hageman and Nix playing next to each other for us in my head and I can't get it out.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I don't see a trade partner in the top 5 now that I look at it.

Houston probably grabs their QB here.
The Redskins didn't have a first and probably grab an OL to protect Bob III
The Browns might be eyeing OL help or Marquise Lee
Oakland probably grabs their QB also
Atlanta might be the most likely if nobody they really covet is there
The Bucs would be a good candidate also

I can see Oakland doing the trade with Shaub being the QB for another year or so it would give them ammunition to pull a trade to get one of the top QB's next year.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Any other year I would probably hate this but the DT's that slipped are legit talents and can help up win.