Ego Ferguson Thread

What grade do you give the Ego Ferguson Pick?

• Total voters

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I don't see a trade partner in the top 5 now that I look at it.

Houston probably grabs their QB here.
The Redskins didn't have a first and probably grab an OL to protect Bob III
The Browns might be eyeing OL help or Marquise Lee
Oakland probably grabs their QB also
Atlanta might be the most likely if nobody they really covet is there
The Bucs would be a good candidate also

Bucs will take Hageman probably...

Or stick Nix next to McCoy...

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Bucs will take Hageman probably...

Or stick Nix next to McCoy...

Falcons can take one of the Dlineman also, you can make a case for all those teams taking one of the Dlineman.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10m
In draft news… the #Cowboys are looking to make a big move up the 2nd round draft board to secure front 7 help, I’m told.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10m
In draft news… the #Cowboys are looking to make a big move up the 2nd round draft board to secure front 7 help, I’m told.

Ya they can be targeting Ealy or Hageman IMO.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you are trying to get a draft pick without giving up your current 2nd round pick then you need to target teams that know they are still a ways away from being serious contenders or teams that are already perennial contenders and hence confident that losing a 2nd round pick this year is not a big deal.

Houston - They likely feel like they are a playoff contender so I don't see them deferring a pick for a year.

Redskins - The Skins are rumored to be shopping their pick but I would think it's more to take another teams 2nd round pick plus some other picks rather than giving up their 2nd round pick and not getting anything back except for a 1st next year. But you never know with Synder.

Browns - They already had a great first day but and have shown a willingness to deal. They could defer a pick until the 3rd round and then go into next year with 3 first round picks. This would be a good trade partner IMO.

Raiders - They are probably rebuilding and could use the extra 1st rounder next year but I suspect they probably think they are contenders.

Falcons - Contenders and not sure they feel good enough about themselves to defer until next year.

Bucs - Lovie probably is dying to draft a defender and I don't think they would hold off until next year.

Jags - These guys are no where close to contender and probably the best option for a trade.

Seahawks - These guys are already stacked and probably feel like a rookie may not help them all that much and so could defer until next year and add another 1st round pick to go with the one they got from the Vikes. To me a team like Seattle would have more interest in getting another team's first rather than keeping their own since they will likely be drafting near the bottom of the draft for the forseeable future. It also allows them to package 1st round picks next year and move up for elite players who really are the one kinds of players that are likely to really offer them good returns.

So if I had to rank most likely to trade I would go with Seahawks, Browns, Jags, and Skins.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
@TyYoungfelt: Bears entertaining idea of dealing next year's 1st to acquire additional 2 this year - have 5 players w/1st rd grade still avail, 1 top 15

Youngfelt is nobody this has been established

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is it just me or am I wrong to think some team is going to get ridiculous value in Hageman in Round 2?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you are not alone. i expect him to go QUICKLY

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Vaughn McClure - Hearing that the Cowboys are trying to work a deal to jump ahead of Falcons and get Demarcus Lawrence. Falcons 37, Cowboys 47.
5:25pm - 9 May 14

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I've seen two 2nd-round mocks today that both have Hageman falling to us.

One on Walter Football and one on NFL.com.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Just don't know if we fall that far, especially if teams start to make a run at the position early. Hope so. Hopefully we have several options. I would like to keep all our picks.

Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Hageman. Emery will like his potential and feel like the coaches can get in his head and flip the switch.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What does everyone think about Antonio Richardson for more O-line depth. Britton can play both G/T but Richardson is a pure road grader. I actually like him better than Robinson who the rams took #2 overall. Why did they take another LT that can't pass block? I think they hate Bradford, that will be their downfall again is no pass blocking and yet they don't have the running game anymore to compensate. Look for the Rams to select Hyde early, after the Texans trade Derek Carr to Patriots for Mallet.

[video=youtube;Wp6gLTPRNKc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp6gLTPRNKc[/video]

would be a nasty RT to compete in 2015, this is for sure Mills year to show improvement but that doesn't mean I don't take value into the depth of our roster and pass on freak tractor grader.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Would be good for depth but I would prefer we wait until later in the draft if we went oline.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I predict we move up for Hageman or stay where we are and hope for Jernigan...

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Not good

Jason LaCanfora - The Texans are on the clock. Buzz around the league pick will be DT Nix. We shall see. Follow our tracker here: cbsprt.co/2014NFLDraft
6:03pm - 9 May 14

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Nix,or Jernigan hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk