Ego Ferguson Thread

What grade do you give the Ego Ferguson Pick?

• Total voters

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Much better pick than Sutton. Ferguson is raw but could be a great 3-tech who can also play the 1-tech. His mix of size and athleticism gives him some big upside.

TRON

Liked Posts:
You are really using bleacher report to judge?

No but I am listening to other like Kiper and McShae who are saying he was a reach and Walterfootball gave this pick a C-. I think Emery could have done better in the second but that's just me.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
And who really gives a dick about draft grades at this point? Worthless speculation

Sent from somewhere somehow

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
McClellin and Hardin did not work out, it was his first draft.

Anyone writing off Bostic and Greene is an idiot, no one could have been successful behind that garbage line.

Including perennial pro-bowler Lance Briggs. He looked bad last season.

wittman

Walter's biggest fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sure "Everyone else" would of passed on Ego til maybe even tomorrow. Both are risks but Nix is asked to stuff the run and he can do that.
Oh do I miss the Bears MSBs! The only damn thing you KNOW is Ego is off the board and Nix is NOT. Damn.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's just hope and pray the new dline coaching staff can get these picks going. We all have seen the short comings that happen when you have a poor coaching staff. I think we would all be a little less up in arms if youwe had rod mar coaching them......

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My expectation is that Ferguson win the NT job on 1st and 2nd down where his natural power and lack of technique won't hurt him as much.

-Ratliff plays 3 technique on early downs, which saves him the wear and tear of constant doubles.

-Sutton, Paea and occasionally Houston are our sub package rushers.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
And who really gives a dick about draft grades at this point? Worthless speculation

Sent from somewhere somehow
Agreed. I'm just curious as to what Emery saw in the guy over others? I don't know too much about him at all.

wittman

Walter's biggest fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh do I miss the Bears MSBs! The only damn thing you KNOW is Ego is off the board and Nix is NOT. Damn.

Correction. All you know for sure is Ego went 51 and Nix barely went in the back half of 3rd round at 83.

btw, I put little to no credence in the media, well really for ANY news let alone evaluating football players, but I thought this was interesting since I did like Sutton even more than Ego. I understand, like Long, Ego is a projected as a project with a big upside and possibly has yet to play even close to his best football yet.

www.rotoworld.com

15. DT Will Sutton, Arizona State

NFL Comparison: La’Roi Glover (credit to Matt Waldman)

Where He Wins: Sutton takes advantage of space. Whether it be shooting past reach blocks in the sliver of time afforded to him thanks to an animated first step and forward lean, or hand use and quick feet to generate that separation on his own, Sutton finishes with closing speed. His flexibility to bend and gain positive positioning is tough to find.

Where He Fits: Likely as a three technique in a four man front, could play some in pass rushing situations.

Draft Projection: Too much has been made about his added weight (now down to 295). He isn’t a different player. The foundation of Sutton’s game was never quickness, it was leverage and technical hand use. The weight impacted his balance most of all. Top-64.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Also, has anyone googled ferguson? There is something wrong w this kid..look how many videos hes in, he loves to be on camera but is a lazyass. The first three rounds are NOT for projects. I think st lois taking donald may have really ruined our draft but ferguson? Ferguson is there late in the third. This kid is basically jemarcus webb in the second round, sorry to be a downer but im pissed. Can any of you name who the other cb was when we had mike brown playing? Can any of you tell me how many superbowls the patriots have won since they lost rodney harrison?

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
hB8C19101

Nick80

Also, has anyone googled ferguson? There is something wrong w this kid..look how many videos hes in, he loves to be on camera but is a lazyass. The first three rounds are NOT for projects. I think st lois taking donald may have really ruined our draft but ferguson? Ferguson is there late in the third. This kid is basically jemarcus webb in the second round, sorry to be a downer but im pissed. Can any of you name who the other cb was when we had mike brown playing? Can any of you tell me how many superbowls the patriots have won since they lost rodney harrison?

In short are you advocating reaching for a safety instead of the perceived reach on Ferguson?

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
In short are you advocating reaching for a safety instead of the perceived reach on Ferguson?

well, either Emery is a genius or all these other scouts are wrong. I hope he pans out, I'm just saying we don't have to be forced
into filling needs through the draft, I guess it's more of an argument of taking best available regardless of position or drafting for need.

wittman

Walter's biggest fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
well, either Emery is a genius or all these other scouts are wrong. I hope he pans out, I'm just saying we don't have to be forced
into filling needs through the draft, I guess it's more of an argument of taking best available regardless of position or drafting for need.

Yeah that's a nice thought right? Unfortunately, when you inherit so many glaring needs in such a short time, it's the only way to go. He should have that luxury over the next few years now. Just think for a second what he's done...worst wr corp to one of the best, worst oline, maybe in our history, to above average in one year and I trust he can turn the worst run defense since the early '50s Bears to above average...where much favorable down and distance allows for opportunities to actually have a pass rush! I'm definitely not cutting him short of the 'benefit of the doubt' at this point!