Ego Ferguson Thread

What grade do you give the Ego Ferguson Pick?

• Total voters

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
EGO is a third rd pick who became a 2nd rd pick when all the true 2nd rd grade DT's were taken.

Exactly why emery the mouthbreather should have gone safety.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Lots of reasons to be enthusiastic, but the D picks haven't panned out.

This. Jury is still out, but early returns aren't great. Emery has opened himself up to second guessing. Still, I'm content to wait and see before calling for crucifixion.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Adam Hoge ‏@AdamHoge 13m
Ego Ferguson said he talked to #Bears DL coach Paul Pasqualoni for a long time and they discussed playing the 2-technique.

Bearsfan7954

Liked Posts:
Lots of reasons to be enthusiastic, but the D picks haven't panned out.

You and everybody else needs to get over Emery's D picks his first year here with a coaching staff he did not want and something like 3 months to prepare for the draft. The guy has not been here long enough to use any trends to base these kind of statements on. At least he goes and gets guys a positions that we need unlike the last guy.

These picks will be a better indicator on how he drafts defense than what happened year 1.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The JImmy pick was awesome. Brady's career is winding down and Jimmy gets to learn from him, is in a great system with no pressure

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
We are looking at two completely rebuilt lines since Angelo was canned.

It worked out for the offense pretty well last season....got a good feeling it's gonna work on the other side now too.

Venia

McClellin and Hardin did not work out, it was his first draft.

Anyone writing off Bostic and Greene is an idiot, no one could have been successful behind that garbage line.

They both looked lost last year, but I have not written them off.

cobra302

Liked Posts:
Exactly why emery the mouthbreather should have gone safety.
Should've taken Nix. Guess they neede another LSU Loser to keep Craig Steltz company. Wasted pick IMO. A 4th rounder in the 2nd. Great, just great...

Bearsfan7954

Liked Posts:

Anyone writing off Bostic and Greene is an idiot, no one could have been successful behind that garbage line.

McClellin still might but the rest I agree with. Bostic and Greene got thrown into the fire and the line they had in front of them was terrible. Hopefully with this retooled line and another year of experience these guys will look better this year. Will just have to wait and see what happens.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Should've taken Nix. Guess they neede another LSU Loser to keep Craig Steltz company. Wasted pick IMO. A 4th rounder in the 2nd. Great, just great...

Should have taken the guy that apparently no NFL team wanted in the 2nd?

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Ferguson should be able to play both spots. I think he was underrated athletically.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You and everybody else needs to get over Emery's D picks his first year here with a coaching staff he did not want and something like 3 months to prepare for the draft. The guy has not been here long enough to use any trends to base these kind of statements on. At least he goes and gets guys a positions that we need unlike the last guy.

These picks will be a better indicator on how he drafts defense than what happened year 1.

Sorry, did I say something wrong?

Bearsweatherman

Liked Posts:
And Nix still there. Others must have concerns on him as well. Hell we could still get sutton at this rate. I am a bit bummed Sims went to the Bucs. Was hoping we could sneak him at some point

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@djdurkin: pasqualoni asking ferguson to align as a 2-tech signals shifts in the #bears defensive fronts. head's up typically means two-gapping inside

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
The guy is a powerful run stuffer with a ton of room to grow and get better.

He would be a 1st round pick in 2015 a ton of upside.

You're honestly reaching with your analysis for the sake of supporting Emery. Ferguson is neither strong or powerful nor plays with a good motor. He passes the eye ball test on the field but he's neither productive nor a play maker. He gets blocked and stays blocked. He doesn't explode, he doesn't stack and shed and doesn't make plays. He looks like an NFL body but he doesn't play like it. I honestly don't know what Emery sees in him. He's not as good as DaQuan Jones who is the same type of player as ferguson.

Ferguson isn't the same type of player as Sutton, so my disdain doesn't come from passing on sutton (shocking I know) but he's not as good as Jones. jones is more explosive better play maker stronger better hands, better ability to get off blocks and is quicker. If you go big 1-technique DT type then it should have been Jones not ferguson. If he showed play making ability, then fine but at 6-3 315-pounds there should be a better ability to get off blocks.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:

Eh- I don't expect anything out of Greene as he looks really really slow.

In regards to Bostic- I believe if he can just play more straight line and have no real focus on other than blowing things up- he'll be a hell of a SAM for us.