EMBRACE PACE

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Mad scientist? A bit far fetched, but I'll run with it.

Ultimately he's been given enough slack this year to hang himself and we all know George/Virginia won't be stepping in now to make a change. It is what it is so let him run wild in the lab and hopefully when he's fired you still look like the Chicago Bears as opposed to the NY Jets.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I already have a #calledit on 2-14. Knock off the plagiarism.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Dreaming for a 2-14 season is lame AF, but I see other teams do it and then they luck into some HOF QB talent. I think about the Colts. Had Peyton Manning for years, one season with Curtis Painter and then drafted Andrew Luck. Why can't the Bears be this team?

Bears will draft Ryan Leaf 2.0 or Trubisky 2.0

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

People are killing Pace and Nagy...I love it

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Dreaming for a 2-14 season is lame AF, but I see other teams do it and then they luck into some HOF QB talent. I think about the Colts. Had Peyton Manning for years, one season with Curtis Painter and then drafted Andrew Luck. Why can't the Bears be this team?

Lame/sucking >>>>>>> mediocre

Got to go extreme, either really good or really bad, in-between is the curse.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Embarrass Pace???? I don’t think he needs any help with that mate!

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Come on Pace...keep the hits coming....Bears fans are out on their feet and the ropes won't let us fall, from ur dumbass decisions

Beau4.gif

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stop your E-Rage for a minute and think.

Right now Pace is either:

A. Fucking this team up bigly and on his way to a 2-14 (15) season.
B. A mad scientist taking the historically defense oriented Bears boldy into a new offensive era. (pun intended)

It's probably A. I'm a positive guy so I'll leave some hope for B. But obviously it's probably A.

WE SHOULD WANT THIS.

8-8 and George rolls it back again. 9-7 and Pace/Nagy get contracts for life. (kidding, kindof)

But 2-14 and the winds of change start blowing. 2-14 and not only do Pace and Nagy get axed but George feels the heat. That's what you really want. People have liked George up to this point. Not anymore. They were laughing at him on the Rich Eisen show.

EMBRACE PACE. Let him burn this shit to the ground. It's the only way....

I get what you are saying and mostly agree

yeah, bears are likely in a position now where it would probably be better for them to be terrible for a year

but I don't know why you keep going on about how fans shouldn't be disappointed to be in this position

another lost year isn't all that exciting to me

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
OK - conspiracy theory time.

SEA wants a starting QB in return but no way to get one at #20. Pete Carrol liked Dalton coming out of college. The Seahawks couldn't sign Dalton in FA because of optics so they told the Bears to sign him, pay his signing bonus AND then trade him to SEA in a package deal with AR + picks.

So the Bears get Russ and sign Golladay.

What do we think CCS?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

SEA wants a starting QB in return but no way to get one at #20. Pete Carrol liked Dalton coming out of college. The Seahawks couldn't sign Dalton in FA because of optics so they told the Bears to sign him, pay his signing bonus AND then trade him to SEA in a package deal with AR + picks.

What do we think CCS?
Im not sure PACE has the aptitude to come up with brilliant plan like that.

PS seems like more of a question for @Montucky than CCS et al....

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dreaming of getting the best QB with a number 1 pick, I'd argue this because The best QB in the last decades has been taken in the 6th round. 2nd best might be the 10th, or 24th pick in the draft, pending your opinion.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

What do we think CCS?
If THIS happens, you deserve a reward.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice OP Baba.

I've said on a few other threads how I hate that I can't even tell if there's a quasi-tank going on here or not! Messed up, but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the long run to go big for QB in the draft NEXT year after the rest of the league has shot their loads and overpaid.
Use this draft on OL OL WR (now DB) etc. to plug holes and figure some shit out...hopefully exposing Nagy's stubbornness and lack of accountability with/without another scapegoat so he can be replaced by next season. They still might be able to shoot for Wilson/Watson later this summer if/when those teams are more or less forced to deal.

I'm so meh right now, but honestly NOT wanting him to move up for a QB now. It'll cost more than any other year and I don't trust his evaluations at that level. I'd rather he pick 1 or 2 mid Rd. QBs to develop behind AD/Foles so hopefully Nagy doesn't ruin them to badly (a'la Mitch - who had his faults & limits too of course). Call it a tank? Possibly. (hopefully??) ?‍♂️

The freakout is laughable, but sadly believable. Media is going off the rails again with the dislike. spin. Ex. AD is a $5.5m cap hit but everybody thinks Pace dropped Fuller so he could afford AD. No.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stop your E-Rage for a minute and think.

Right now Pace is either:

A. Fucking this team up bigly and on his way to a 2-14 (15) season.
B. A mad scientist taking the historically defense oriented Bears boldy into a new offensive era. (pun intended)

It's probably A. I'm a positive guy so I'll leave some hope for B. But obviously it's probably A.

WE SHOULD WANT THIS.

8-8 and George rolls it back again. 9-7 and Pace/Nagy get contracts for life. (kidding, kindof)

But 2-14 and the winds of change start blowing. 2-14 and not only do Pace and Nagy get axed but George feels the heat. That's what you really want. People have liked George up to this point. Not anymore. They were laughing at him on the Rich Eisen show.

EMBRACE PACE. Let him burn this shit to the ground. It's the only way....
Even if it is option B, you're gonna ride Andy Dalton into this new promised land? Fuck me, what a horrible time to be a fan of this fucking franchise