Emery on roster composition

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holy shit, this is worth a listen.

Who knows if Emery will be able to follow through in the long run. But goddamn, from the first sentence out of the dude's mouth he exudes vision and execution. Dude always makes me feel good about where the Bears are headed when I hear him speak.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This was a really good interview. Really highlights the lack of home grown talent when compared to a team like the Packers.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Excellent post SERE, thanks man, good to hear Emery say what he did. He gets it !!!! Finally, we have someone that gets it!!!

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, at the fuckin least, guy has a plan. Seems like thats already more than JA.

JJMPB

Liked Posts:
Emery should change his name to Hanibal Smith

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay...let's compare that with the previous decade of press conferences about our roster:

[video=youtube;JhKVv4uq7Ec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JhKVv4uq7Ec[/video]

Isn't it nice to be spoken to like an intelligent human being rather than someone going on about good looking hands or jumping out of a pool?

Dawn of a new day, Bear Nation.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
He spoke off the top of his head, well done, he knows the team and the stats... All though he is saying the right thing, it HAS to translate onto the field. I sure hope it does, cause he sounds the part.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think I like JA better !

(( Especially love what he said that time about.... " I've done everything conceivable to get this oline better " ))
Priceless Car Salesman

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Okay...let's compare that with the previous decade of press conferences about our roster:

[video=youtube;JhKVv4uq7Ec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JhKVv4uq7Ec[/video]

Isn't it nice to be spoken to like an intelligent human being rather than someone going on about good looking hands or jumping out of a pool?

Dawn of a new day, Bear Nation.

Awesome comparison. Thanks for the video. I forgot how much better we are today.

MacBear

Liked Posts:
Barring shit luck, I cant see any way the bears dont have success with emery. If fuckin JA can go to a superbowl superbowl, emery should win at least one.......

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Emery was really stressing, with a sledge hammer, how much of the team he's switched out, and how many are from draft, undrafted, and other non free agent means. Makes the obvious point -- that if you create a good team with this method, you'll have the money/cap to grab more exceptional players in FA when needed.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
Emery = multiple PhD College professor
Angelo/Smith = high school gym teacher

That's the sense I get from the 2 interviews posted.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Emery was really stressing, with a sledge hammer, how much of the team he's switched out, and how many are from draft, undrafted, and other non free agent means. Makes the obvious point -- that if you create a good team with this method, you'll have the money/cap to grab more exceptional players in FA when needed.

Lol, it was in a way Emery throwing JA under the bus, lol...

Loved the listen of the 2 Emery clips. Always fun to listen to him. He sees what we all see.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I like his emphasis on the draft. light years better than grabbing whatever way-past-their-prime jerkoff castoffs that Angelo used to go after. or never-was's. I think in the very least you can say Emery at least has a pretty intricate gameplan which is what the team was lacking forever.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Not only that, but have the cap space to retain players too.