ESPN Drops Bomb About Ryan Pace and John Fox

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I'm still of the belief that John Fox will not be the head coach next year if the Bears win less than 5 games this season.

I listened to the Boers and Bernstein show yesterday and Bernstein vehemently talked about how John Fox has never had more power at Halas Hall than he does now, and he is not even close to getting fired, regardless of how this situation plays out. I guess we will see, but I don't buy it. Pace might not have the chance to hire another head coach if he keeps Fox around for too long while they are regressing.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
If you want to get to the root of the infection, it's the perpetual meddling of a McCaskey family member along with sweat ted in their desperate attempt to show relevance in football operations. Angelo is forced to take Jauron; Emery is forced to take Smith; Arians is told he'll have to take Marinelli; Marinelli is told he'll be forced to take Trestman, and now reports are emerging that Pace was forced to take Fox.

What an absolute dysfunctional mess...
Speaking of dysfunctional messes, what happened to bearshq?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
For fuck's sake, we're still believing shit that spews from the mouth of David Kaplan?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL at "solid off-season". The Bears managed to take a step backwards despite being 6-10 the previous year, owning a top 10 pick, and having oodles of cap space. I kind of lost interest in the article after that. Pretty easy to write a "Bears Suck!" article when they are 0-3.

That article was an OK read. It posed the idea that Fox was forced on Pace as a condition of hire. Not really a generic Bears Suck!" article at all.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
my problem is that even if fox was forced on pace we still have a gm that allowed a HC to be forced on him.

the only comfort is thinking that maybe he took the job willing to be a yes man for a little while because he knew that hed make a move to seize power soon.

either way hiring fox was a terrible fucking move and i saw this happening from the beginning. but so many kool-aid drinkers wanted to believe in the great john fox. lol

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
What are the chances Fox is phoning it in at this point?

He's not "phoning it in". He has always sucked.

-Fox's Record minus Payton Manning = 87W, 92L

-Fox has NEVER had back-to-back winning seasons as a HC except when he had Manning.

-Fox has only put together 3 winning seasons as a HC - without Manning.

-After putting up 1300 yards and 11 TD's as one of Mannings Favorite receivers, Fox let him walk to FA and got nothing when the Jets picked him up.

-After an 11 sack, pro-bowl season, Fox let Peppers walk to FA. The Panthers then went on to have their worst defense since Fox took over. Dropping from #9 overall to #26.

-He was also part if the brain-trust that traded their first round pick in 2010 to the 49ers for their 2nd and 4th round picks the year before.

-His best offense ever - without Manning - was 7th in the NFL. But mostly, with Carolina, they hovered in the bottom half on the NFL including: 26th in 2007, 27th in 2006, 30th in 2002, and 32 (worst) in 2011. So our 30th ranked O last year was not an anomaly.

- We're currently 30th again. Only thing shocking about that is we're not 32nd...

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
The McCaskey family member in question isn't the usual suspect.

It's not lisping, limp-wristed Michael, who's been given a telephoto zoom lens and sent down the sideline to take pictures.

It isn't "King" George, who despite his impassioned impersonation of a die-hard Bear fan is rumored to be another preening polo player who views his assignment to the Bears' front office as appealing as the proverbial fly in the cup of tea next to his morning crumpet.

No, the McCaskey in question is none other than "the matriarch," senile ol' Virginia McCaskey. Ginny probably means well in wanting to restore the Bears to glory, but she's raised effeminate sons who don't have the guts to stand up to a feeble old woman whose outdated vision of the franchise is misshaping the modern-day Bears. Bloated, bygone Ernie Accorsi was an old-school NFL insider who was well-familiar to the old-money McCaskey family. The fact that he appears to have dictated policy beyond his assigned duties to recommend potential General Managers shows not only that the Bears continue to misunderstand the heirarchy within a front office that must be respected in order to ensure success, but also exposes who's calling the shots at Halas Hall.

The old lady . . .
The GOAT strikes again!

Good work my good sir.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
You shouldn't inflate his ego, haha.

People were obsessed w Crimson and HHM. they didn't add much just were trolling a lot.

Shoopster tho is GOAT. His writing is awesome and in truth, he's a Chicago Bears message board legend.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
It'd be unfortunate if THE Shoopster is correct and George really doesn't want much to do with the team. All along I remember hearing Brian McCaskey should've been the one to lead the charge for the organization, as he was really personable and passionate about the Bears being a winning franchise.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Sliced bread is great too. I'm kidding, but I try not to fawn. He's better than me, but that's not saying much. We should all get together and storm Lake Forest, but let's make sure Virginia is in the building.

That's not a suggestion to someone like Spellman who might be reading this.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The only good thing about this if it were true, is that Pace will be firing Fox at the end of the season. Fox is TERRIBLE.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I consider this great news.

Fox might be gone at the end of the year, while Pace hires a offensive minded coach and the Bears get one of the DeSahwns. Rubuild in full effect and away we go.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
my problem is that even if fox was forced on pace we still have a gm that allowed a HC to be forced on him.

the only comfort is thinking that maybe he took the job willing to be a yes man for a little while because he knew that hed make a move to seize power soon.

either way hiring fox was a terrible fucking move and i saw this happening from the beginning. but so many kool-aid drinkers wanted to believe in the great john fox. lol

I want to believe the rumor cause then maybe there is a shred of hope that Pace isn't completely terrible. Maybe.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The GOAT strikes again!

Good work my good sir.

hqdefault.jpg

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It'd be unfortunate if THE Shoopster is correct and George really doesn't want much to do with the team. All along I remember hearing Brian McCaskey should've been the one to lead the charge for the organization, as he was really personable and passionate about the Bears being a winning franchise.

Desp, you are GOAT but are you just going down the list of McCaskey brothers? You slurped George for his fire and passion taking over for Mike, and now you are bro-slurping Brian? Stick to a narrative, and/or maybe call them by "1", "2", and/or "3".