ESPN Drops Bomb About Ryan Pace and John Fox

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is it possible all of the McCaskeys are incompetent?

They've all been reared on tea and crumpets in the morning and polo ponies in the afternoon. They know nothing about football. George Halas would be rolling over in his grave to see that his daughter has filled the front office power positions with these pansies.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
They've all been reared on tea and crumpets in the morning and polo ponies in the afternoon. They know nothing about football. George Halas would be rolling over in his grave to see that his daughter has filled the front office power positions with these pansies.

If you really know Halas that's exactly how he'd be - pissed off and frustrated with his legacy.

Ginny has a shot to hire someone before she's gone. She owes it to us and her Dad.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I hope Fox is forced to wear this ass record if he is the all powerful Czar of Halas Hall.

6-13
1-8 at home

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:

But that young man looked so good in suit, and he was using that cellular device so effortlessly, he has to be hip to the new ways of doing things.

Oh, and our new coach has a gravely voice and is grizzled....

Someone bring Ted in so we can talk about what's going on.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:

My take is that their failure as owners stems from dysfunctional relationships between GSH and his daughters family. Every time they try to put their fingerprints onto big decisions that is exactly why the hire blows up in the faces. From afar it looks to me like every decision is based on first avoiding future embarrassment on top of previous embarrassments a true setup for failure in any big decision in business and especially a sports business. Secondly they want to do build a winner doing it the way the old man did cause they are all still wanting to somehow in their minds gain his approval and respect. This is just guess work on my part but I believe it is pretty good guesswork.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
But that young man looked so good in suit, and he was using that cellular device so effortlessly, he has to be hip to the new ways of doing things.

Oh, and our new coach has a gravely voice and is grizzled....

Someone bring Ted in so we can talk about what's going on.

You know how Ted is - he's reading a statement he prepared. That's a bit dumb and dumber to me.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Desp, you are GOAT but are you just going down the list of McCaskey brothers? You slurped George for his fire and passion taking over for Mike, and now you are bro-slurping Brian? Stick to a narrative, and/or maybe call them by "1", "2", and/or "3".

Na I remember I read Brian was the most vocal and passionate about the franchise being righted some years ago.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I hope Fox is forced to wear this ass record if he is the all powerful Czar of Halas Hall.

6-13
1-8 at home

That was the big issue coming into this. If Fox is hamstringing Pace, and on top of it, I hope Pace even has the power to fire him and replace the staff.

I'd give Pace another turn frankly. Because all of it looked good on paper with Fox's reputation, Fangio, Gase at the time, etc.

One thing I'd caution - while Gase did well in his one year here, its not like he is setting the world on fire with the 1-2 Dolphins, so resist the typical urge to think the guy we let go is the one we should have kept.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Frankly, when all you do is say everyone is going to fail, you're bound to be right some of the time. Broken clock and all that.

Are you going to climb the ladder on him?

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I always thought Fox was a meh choice and Pace would hit some and miss some. It's easy to believe ownership imposed Fox on Pace as they wanted stability more than anything after the last regime. The problem here is expectations are unrealistic. People see a few teams that have turned it around quickly and think that will be the Bears too if we can just put our finger on the problem. But there are just as many or more teams that languish in their respective basements, drafting high and stockpiling talent without rising to the top year after. I think we need to reconcile ourselves with the idea that it is going to be that kind of era for the Bears. I'd be glad to see Fox go (and very surprised to see Pace go) during or after this season. It won't make the Bears contenders next year though.

Sent from deez nutz.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:

I'm not sure how much more poof a person would need to realize that yes, they are. And it all comes down to Ted. If they move him out, hire a football guy and give him the control, things will start to move in the right direction.