ESPN GM round table

laputan

Liked Posts:
I'm warming up to Adams. Lack of elite ball skills is an issue, but 4 of the 5 or so top players have significant injury histories. Picking at 3 is more like picking at 7 so if Adams is a very good player and stays healthy I can live with it.

Sure, you'll live. At least for a while. And dying in your bed, many years from now . . .

laputan

Liked Posts:
For one chance, just one chance . . .

To come back here . . . and draft a fucking franchise quarterback ! ! ! !

24679a48243975.58926741b80ee.jpg

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Of all the top 10 defensive prospects, Allen would be by far the most uninteresting selection possible, and yet, I wouldn't be surprised if Pace drafts him. Undersized, limted athlete, with arthritic shoulders, but he's got top notch hand placement!!! Man it's hard being a Bears fan.

Limited?

Best interior DL in the draft. Disruptive. Technically sound. Injuries overblown by fans.

Uninteresting? Yes.
Unwelcome by the fan base on draft night? Probably.

Makes the D much better? Yes.

And, YES, I know he will not have the same impact as would Brady, Rodgers, Manning. But they aren't there.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Limited?

Best interior DL in the draft. Disruptive. Technically sound. Injuries overblown by fans.

Uninteresting? Yes.
Unwelcome by the fan base on draft night? Probably.

Makes the D much better? Yes.

And, YES, I know he will not have the same impact as would Brady, Rodgers, Manning. But they aren't there.

Yes limited athletically, check his combine numbers. At least Thomas is a physical freak, with Allen we don't know how much of his success is just him playing on a stacked team. High bust factor IMO.

Luke

Liked Posts:
You listen to a lot Mully and Hanley don't you...

that's what I thought, those two are buffoons especially pea brain Mulligan. Of course they have that idiot GG on as well as Hub and Biggs. They are all worthless and are unlistenable. I thought it was the greatest thing in the world when the Score started in the early 90's, now it has evolved into complete shit.

cobra302

Liked Posts:
Bears fans hate Glennon because the previous QB sucked.
That's part of it, but also, because he was beaten out by Josh McCown at Tampa, and later replaced via the draft by Jameis Winston. If Glennon was all that, they wouldn't have needed to bench him or draft Winston, would they? And "hate" is way too strong of a word. I think skeptical fits much better. At least in my case, it does. But you're also correct--Cutler made a lot of us weary of non-performing QB & the Glennon signing smacks of underachiever signed as a place holder.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's almost a draft that you'd rather be picking a little later cause a lot of the top guys have injury questions or at least the top guys we'd want in J.Allen, M.Hooker and M.Lattimore which makes S.Thomas and J.Adams my main targets at #3 if we don't go QB or if Garrett isn't there.

So everybody or you'd just let them get taken and not take your turn at the podium until it's 'safe'.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's part of it, but also, because he was beaten out by Josh McCown at Tampa, and later replaced via the draft by Jameis Winston. If Glennon was all that, they wouldn't have needed to bench him or draft Winston, would they? And "hate" is way too strong of a word. I think skeptical fits much better. At least in my case, it does. But you're also correct--Cutler made a lot of us weary of non-performing QB & the Glennon signing smacks of underachiever signed as a place holder.

Josh never beat him at anything. Handed the job by a guy that never coached Glennon and played significantly worse in the year he was there. We would also have drafted Jameis as would 70% of the league in that position. Doesn't make all those QBs suck.

Washington

Liked Posts:
If it's Allen (= meh pick), I look forward to this board at his first injury or when his arthritis causes him to miss practices.

With all this hype and buildup, Allen as the pick would be a major league downer. I'd rather he trade down and acquire picks than waste the 3rd pick on Allen.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yes limited athletically, check his combine numbers. At least Thomas is a physical freak, with Allen we don't know how much of his success is just him playing on a stacked team. High bust factor IMO.

Ignore his outstanding tape for three years! Base your decision on the combine!

TL1961

Liked Posts:

They had the #1 pick. They took a top qb. Glennon does not have the ceiling Winston does. They didn't trade a bundle to acquire him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
every team from 2 on down wants to trade down, probably not happening in this draft.

True but the flip side is that teams still focus in on their guy. It may just mean that you have to accept less to get it done. Fans worry too much about winning every move. Pace tries to win the war, not every battle.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I doubt anyone moves for that much of a hit. I think you are slightly devaluing a team's desire to secure their guy and it will become more difficult to do so at 3 than 2 etc.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Nobody thought Brady or Rodgers would be the elite players they have been before they were drafted, so comments like these are completely meaningless. You have no idea that none of them will be great.