ESPN Possible Howard to Bulls Trades

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fact still remains that our D has improved from last year
ya..i noticed that around the nba offenses havent been as prolific this year(down a few PPG on average) probably has to do with not having preseason among other things...

as well as our offense
not really..actually last year's team averaged more PPG..perhaps there are more able offensive players on this team..but i dont think the entire offense is better

while Miami's D has regressed significantly, which has really surprised me since they acquired All-World defender Shane Battier. :troll:

shane battier is a great defender...

miami's D has missed wade a bit..thats big because wade is probably their best defensive player

The team's improvement, along with Rose's, is where my confidence stems from. I just don't feel Miami has gotten any better. I felt we could beat them last year, & we were in every single one of those games, but we came up short. This year I've had zero reason to think differently.

wade's been hampered with injuries as mentioned

i think miami at full strength is probably the best team in the east...simply because of their talent(now having atleast a semi-capable PG)..i think we'll see them get a little better near the end of the season...

miami is a essentially a playoff team...not just in terms of simply making the playoffs..but the way they play in it with the current team

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
Can we sign JR Smith and include him in the DH12 trade?

:troll:

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
thing is will JR sign for min?...he could go else were and get more

clippers would be a good look they need a SG and he would fit in perfect with 'lob city'

We would be able to offer more than the minimum if he accepts a shorter term contract which I'm sure he would especially because he wouldn't be tied down for too long..........Plus most importantly with the new amnisty clause, we can dump a players contract to make room for J.R............
Its riskless.....And most importantly improves the Bulls..

MSOADE54

I ****ing love this chick
Donator
Liked Posts:
We would be able to offer more than the minimum if he accepts a shorter term contract which I'm sure he would especially because he wouldn't be tied down for too long..........Plus most importantly with the new amnisty clause, we can dump a players contract to make room for J.R............
Its riskless.....And most importantly improves the Bulls..

J.R. Smith's personality is risky from the start so I don't get where you get that from.

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A letter from Tim Duncan to Dwight Howard.

Friday, February 3rd, 2012 at 4:37 pm
Big Brother: Dear Dwight

by Charles Dunson

Dear Dwight,

It’s me, Timmy (it’s OK get the South Park jokes out now). I don’t talk much publicly, but I do greatly enjoy crafting handwritten letters. However, I don’t know your address and you may not even live in the same city by the time I finish so I’ll just type an email. We bigs have to stick together. Most of the media has forgotten me and embraced you as the NBA’s best big man but that’s OK. Anyways, I’ve been following your celebrity trade demands through the media. You’ve been more of a diva than Aretha Franklin making lunch demands on tour with the Supremes. However, that’s part of your problem. You should follow my example. I played four years of college ball while you came straight from high school. The simple truth is that I could teach you some things.

You could have been remembered differently than these other superstars that were more worried about their Q-rating and endorsement dollars than their ring totals. Orlando is a great franchise and a classy organization. But you should know that forming a championship nucleus is like dating on E-Harmony. Sometimes you meet in person and find out the profile photo your date used was taken 20 years ago.

Eleven years ago, I nearly flew to Florida so I could sign with the Orlando Magic. To a kid from St. Croix playing in San Antonio, Orlando was a major market. I guess we can agree to disagree on that point. I didn’t think David and I could win another title together because he was getting older and I was in my prime. I was supposed to be the final piece in deadly trio with Grant Hill and Tracy McGrady in addition to two lesser known players named Chauncey Billups and Ben Wallace. This was before Tracy became a perennial All-Star and future scoring champ. Unfortunately, Grant’s ankles forced him to sit out 235 games over a five year span and he was never the same again. T-Mac and Hill never won a playoff series together while I won three more titles by staying in San Antonio.

You need a mentor. A slightly smaller Big Brother— if you will. As you may know, I learned from a true professional in David Robinson. Robinson was in a position much like you are now. After spending two years in the Navy after his college basketball career ended, Robinson could have chosen to become a free agent and play in Los Angeles with Magic or Chicago with Jordan. Instead, he honored his commitment to the Spurs. He spent nine seasons with San Antonio before we won an NBA championship together. We eventually won two and he’s hailed as a hero throughout Texas. He taught me everything including how to handle the NBA life, how to play the position and even which shaving gel to use. On the floor we played with military precision and discipline. You can thank Coach Pop for that.

You’ve never had these things, Dwight. You clown on Stan Van Gundy in the media and call out your teammates, but people are beginning to stop taking you seriously. You’re too good for that. You’re a blend of David and Hakeem “The Dream”. I’ve never watched Saturday Night Live but how you’ve never hosted it is beyond me. You don’t have to act like Charles Barkley for attention, though. I remember when you first came into the NBA. Tim Tebow reminds me of a young Dwight that had his head on his shoulders and had the Ten Commandments by his side. Somewhere along the road, you lost your way and ended up with a baby mama on Vh1.

I think you wanted Shaquille O’Neal to pass the cape along to you and be the Jor-El to your Superman. Unfortunately, it never happened. Instead, you two have been fighting like General Zod and Kal-El (I thought you’d appreciate the DC Comics references). Whether you realize it or not, you’re following in almost the exact same footsteps as Shaq and you’re also turning into him. After the immature way he’s behaved towards you and the melodramas Shaq has been a part of, do you really want that to be your legacy? Or do you want to be remembered as me and David will be? I want to pass the torch down to you Dwight as the Elder Statesmen of Big Men.

Life is cyclical. I’m getting older and averaging career lows in points, rebounds and minutes. However, last season we were the West’s No. 1 seed and despite Manu playing only 13 minutes of basketball this month we are currently first in the Southwest. You see, I was never a DC Comics guy but I do love Terminator. I’m like a T-800 cyborg and San Antonio is my Sky-Net. All we do is win down here without all the glitz, glamor or drama. Winning the dunk contest has its perks but winning NBA championships promises immortality.

I’ll likely be signing a more cap-friendly deal in the off-season and you’re the premiere defensive player in the game. Gregg Popovich is the best defensive coach in the League. You should come to San Antonio. Tony Parker told me to ask you, “Comment ça-va?” The three of us can hang out, talk basketball, go bull riding, (you can show me how to use a bench press, I’ll show you some post moves) and we can sign a few contracts. We’d mesh well together. You can still be crazy Dwight. You’ll be the Captain Kirk to my Spock and Tony will be our Chekov but tone down the jokes.Do the Dwight thing. If you really don’t want to stay in Orlando, don’t go to Brooklyn, Dallas or L.A and if you don’t want to talk, I guess I’ll give Andrew Bynum a call.

Sincerely, Your buddy,

Timmy “Slam” Duncan

(P.S. I forgot to mention: We haven’t used our amnesty clause yet because our GM R.C. Buford doesn’t make bad acquisitions like Gilbert Arenas or Vince Carter so if you’d like to bring a friend, you’re more than welcome. We can make room.)

http://www.slamonline.com...d-tim-duncan-nba-letter/

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:

Friday, February 3rd, 2012 at 4:37 pm
Big Brother: Dear Dwight

by Charles Dunson

Dear Dwight,

It’s me, Timmy (it’s OK get the South Park jokes out now). I don’t talk much publicly, but I do greatly enjoy crafting handwritten letters. However, I don’t know your address and you may not even live in the same city by the time I finish so I’ll just type an email. We bigs have to stick together. Most of the media has forgotten me and embraced you as the NBA’s best big man but that’s OK. Anyways, I’ve been following your celebrity trade demands through the media. You’ve been more of a diva than Aretha Franklin making lunch demands on tour with the Supremes. However, that’s part of your problem. You should follow my example. I played four years of college ball while you came straight from high school. The simple truth is that I could teach you some things.

You could have been remembered differently than these other superstars that were more worried about their Q-rating and endorsement dollars than their ring totals. Orlando is a great franchise and a classy organization. But you should know that forming a championship nucleus is like dating on E-Harmony. Sometimes you meet in person and find out the profile photo your date used was taken 20 years ago.

Eleven years ago, I nearly flew to Florida so I could sign with the Orlando Magic. To a kid from St. Croix playing in San Antonio, Orlando was a major market. I guess we can agree to disagree on that point. I didn’t think David and I could win another title together because he was getting older and I was in my prime. I was supposed to be the final piece in deadly trio with Grant Hill and Tracy McGrady in addition to two lesser known players named Chauncey Billups and Ben Wallace. This was before Tracy became a perennial All-Star and future scoring champ. Unfortunately, Grant’s ankles forced him to sit out 235 games over a five year span and he was never the same again. T-Mac and Hill never won a playoff series together while I won three more titles by staying in San Antonio.

You need a mentor. A slightly smaller Big Brother— if you will. As you may know, I learned from a true professional in David Robinson. Robinson was in a position much like you are now. After spending two years in the Navy after his college basketball career ended, Robinson could have chosen to become a free agent and play in Los Angeles with Magic or Chicago with Jordan. Instead, he honored his commitment to the Spurs. He spent nine seasons with San Antonio before we won an NBA championship together. We eventually won two and he’s hailed as a hero throughout Texas. He taught me everything including how to handle the NBA life, how to play the position and even which shaving gel to use. On the floor we played with military precision and discipline. You can thank Coach Pop for that.

You’ve never had these things, Dwight. You clown on Stan Van Gundy in the media and call out your teammates, but people are beginning to stop taking you seriously. You’re too good for that. You’re a blend of David and Hakeem “The Dream”. I’ve never watched Saturday Night Live but how you’ve never hosted it is beyond me. You don’t have to act like Charles Barkley for attention, though. I remember when you first came into the NBA. Tim Tebow reminds me of a young Dwight that had his head on his shoulders and had the Ten Commandments by his side. Somewhere along the road, you lost your way and ended up with a baby mama on Vh1.

I think you wanted Shaquille O’Neal to pass the cape along to you and be the Jor-El to your Superman. Unfortunately, it never happened. Instead, you two have been fighting like General Zod and Kal-El (I thought you’d appreciate the DC Comics references). Whether you realize it or not, you’re following in almost the exact same footsteps as Shaq and you’re also turning into him. After the immature way he’s behaved towards you and the melodramas Shaq has been a part of, do you really want that to be your legacy? Or do you want to be remembered as me and David will be? I want to pass the torch down to you Dwight as the Elder Statesmen of Big Men.

Life is cyclical. I’m getting older and averaging career lows in points, rebounds and minutes. However, last season we were the West’s No. 1 seed and despite Manu playing only 13 minutes of basketball this month we are currently first in the Southwest. You see, I was never a DC Comics guy but I do love Terminator. I’m like a T-800 cyborg and San Antonio is my Sky-Net. All we do is win down here without all the glitz, glamor or drama. Winning the dunk contest has its perks but winning NBA championships promises immortality.

I’ll likely be signing a more cap-friendly deal in the off-season and you’re the premiere defensive player in the game. Gregg Popovich is the best defensive coach in the League. You should come to San Antonio. Tony Parker told me to ask you, “Comment ça-va?” The three of us can hang out, talk basketball, go bull riding, (you can show me how to use a bench press, I’ll show you some post moves) and we can sign a few contracts. We’d mesh well together. You can still be crazy Dwight. You’ll be the Captain Kirk to my Spock and Tony will be our Chekov but tone down the jokes.Do the Dwight thing. If you really don’t want to stay in Orlando, don’t go to Brooklyn, Dallas or L.A and if you don’t want to talk, I guess I’ll give Andrew Bynum a call.

Sincerely, Your buddy,

Timmy “Slam” Duncan

(P.S. I forgot to mention: We haven’t used our amnesty clause yet because our GM R.C. Buford doesn’t make bad acquisitions like Gilbert Arenas or Vince Carter so if you’d like to bring a friend, you’re more than welcome. We can make room.)

http://www.slamonline.com...d-tim-duncan-nba-letter/

WOW!!!! That's some deep shit...I be thinkin the same shit....I'm feelin it!!!!!!
Except the writer forgot to add just one little thing to it and I'm not going to say it because I don't want to piss anyone off..
All I can say is, End of Febuary baby.....its awwwwnn

Last edited:

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
All the letter is the truth about Howard.

BUT STILL HE IS THE BEST C IN THE LEAGUE BY FAR.

If he doesn't change his philosophy noone would remember him as one of the best Cs of all time even he has the talent to be the greatest.

So he must:
1)Go to a real basketball team and not in a circus.
2)Focus only on 2 goals.To become better individually and to win championships.

In simple words he must join the Chicago Bulls and play as hard as he can to win as many championships as he can.

DRose+DH12 will be the greatest combo in the league.And it will hit the Heat in the positions they are not good.In PG and in C.The only thing the Bulls should do after having them both in the team is to build around them a team with solid defenders in the other 3 positions to guard Lebron,Wade and Bosh.Deng can do it.Rip can do it.Butler can do it.Gibson can do it.So if the Bulls want to win the championship from the year 1 they should try not to give this 4 players.Or at least not to give them all.Maybe losing one of them would be fine(if this one won't be the personal guard of Lebron James and the best defensive forward in the league who is named Luol Deng).

If they lose them all The bulls probably won't win the championship this year but next years will be SICK.

We all like Noah,Taj,CJ Watson,Deng etc but I will say it one more time.Dynasties can be built with big players.Not with sympathy.

I believe that the Bulls will win it all this year without Howard.But from next year they will have Heat,Okclahoma,Indiana,Howard's team to be really strong.Maybe NYK will be strong.It will be more difficult.But with Howard they will win it all for the next 6-7 years and the franchise will reach mythic levels.

Last edited:

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
What if we got howard and Smith......Rose_Smith_Howard would be Slam City......

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
This would be ok.If we have DRose+DH12+Deng+Rip+Butler we can also have as many clowns as you like.Of course if something magic happened in China all this time he is without internet and he found a brain he would be a great addition.

The truth is one.They have to go to the Magic and say:"Ask me everything except Rose Deng Rip and Butler and you will have it."

Last edited:

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
This would be ok.If we have DRose+DH12+Deng+Rip+Butler we can also have as many clowns as you like.Of course if something magic happened in China all this time he is without internet and he found a brain he would be a great addition.

The truth is one.They have to go to the Magic and say:"Ask me everything except Rose Deng Rip and Butler and you will have it."

Did you say clowns?
Okay, Ill bring some.

InsaneClownPosseTwiztidEshamTheUnho.jpg

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I got one name for you all...Moses Malone in 1982. How did that trade work for Philly?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
:obama:

It worked great for like 1 season dude. lol ..

TheRealJRSmith.jpg

But it worked!

And that team was not as young as this one...but they dominated the league that year...in the middle of two of the greatest teams in NBA history.

You talk about JR Smith like he is the key to a dynasty.

But lets go back some more than...Kareem? Wilt? Ring a bell?

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
ZOMG BUT JR SMITH LIKE COMPLETELY CHANGES TEH DYNAMICZ

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
But it worked!

And that team was not as young as this one...but they dominated the league that year...in the middle of two of the greatest teams in NBA history.

You talk about JR Smith like he is the key to a dynasty.

But lets go back some more than...Kareem? Wilt? Ring a bell?

Let's go way way back before th days of messageboards, shall we........does the names Fred Flinstone and Barny Rubble ring a bell? :troll:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Let's go way way back before th days of messageboards, shall we........does the names Fred Flinstone and Barny Rubble ring a bell? :troll:
Its interesting how you don't even try to make a point...

but let's go with present day...how about

SHAQUILLE O'NEAL!!!!!!!!!

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Its interesting how you don't even try to make a point...

but let's go with present day...how about

SHAQUILLE O'NEAL!!!!!!!!!

Just because it worked in the past with totally differant players on totally differant teams in totally differant eras with totally differant rules in totally differant systems don't mean anything and is a poor point to make.
They have nothing to do with derrick rose or Dwight Howard or the 2012 Bulls.

But yes,
Shaq and Kobe were great, but I don't see comparrison to the bulls because Derrick Rose is a pointguard and kobe was a 6'7 2guard. And Dwight Howard isn't as big as Shaq or as dominating yet as Shaq was in his prime.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Just because it worked in the past with totally differant players on totally differant teams in totally differant eras with totally differant rules in totally differant systems don't mean anything and is a poor point to make.
They have nothing to do with derrick rose or Dwight Howard or the 2012 Bulls.

But yes,
Shaq and Kobe were great, but I don't see comparrison to the bulls because Derrick Rose is a pointguard and kobe was a 6'7 2guard. And Dwight Howard isn't as big as Shaq or as dominating yet as Shaq was in his prime.

Shaq and Wade were great too. Its hilarious that YOU would accuse anyone of making a "poor point"...why don't you MAKE A POINT first...then you can make those type of accusations.

What does different eras and different rules have to do with it when it worked across different eras with different rules? You make no sense.

And by the way...show me in history where the "star point guard hooking up with the guy that went to China and scored 60 point to when a title" theory works. Across different eras in different times

Last edited:

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Shaq and Wade were great too. Its hilarious that YOU would accuse anyone of making a "poor point"...why don't you MAKE A POINT first...then you can make those type of accusations. But somthing about you really turns me on.

What does different eras and different rules have to do with it when it worked across different eras with different rules? You make no sense.

What's hilarious is how you continue to stalk my every step.
Someone has a secret crush on SP94.
:bro: