ESPN push to keep Carmelo in NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Bingo. ESPn is HQ'd out of Bristol, Disney is based out of Hollywood, but I think ESPn is also partially owned(like 15-20%) by the Hearst company which is based out of NYC.

Ok, and your point is?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Did you follow the link, or are you too busy shoving your thumb up your class to click a mouse button?

What fucking link? You're god damn wikipedia link?

I want to know what those guys said.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've been listening to the usual suspects on ESPN lately. None of them want Carmelo, Gasol or any other major player to sign with Chicago.

I haven't been listening lately. Who said they don't want Carmelo or any other free agent to sign with Chicago?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Who are these usual suspects?

What did they say that leads you to believe they don't want Carmelo or Gasol signing in Chicago?

How did they say it wouldn't be a good fit?

Arent you paying attention? Gasol is a good fit in Miami, LAL, NY, SAS, OKC. Read between the lines. That means Melo is going to NY, just as they wanted.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I've been listening to the usual suspects on ESPN lately. None of them want Carmelo, Gasol or any other major player to sign with Chicago.

Who was it and what specifically did they say?

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hahaha, wtf? A vast majority of people working on air for ESPN are from NY and the northeast in general. They're influence in the media world is pervasive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_ESPN

"ESPN has been accused of having a bias[1] towards certain teams and a "love affair" with superstar players such as Tim Tebow, Brett Favre, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, Johnny Manziel, Robert Griffin III, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Michael Vick, Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Yasiel Puig, Mike Trout, Danica Patrick, David Ortiz, and Tiger Woods, along with teams, such as the Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees, Los Angeles Dodgers, Miami Heat, Indiana Pacers, Los Angeles Lakers, Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos, Washington Redskins, Pittsburgh Steelers, USC Trojans Football, North Carolina Tar Heels, and the Duke Blue Devils.[2] The ESPN ombudsman, Le Anne Schreiber, responded to these criticisms by saying that the industry is ratings-driven"

LOL the Pacers are on the list of teams ESPN has been accused of being biased towards, but the Knicks aren't. Does that tell you anything?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Arent you paying attention? Gasol is a good fit in Miami, LAL, NY, SAS, OKC. Read between the lines. That means Melo is going to NY, just as they wanted.
Shit. I must have missed that post.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I haven't been listening lately. Who said they don't want Carmelo or any other free agent to sign with Chicago?

I said most of the talking heads on ESPN don't think Chicago is the best fit for Carmelo or Gasol. This has been going on since the FA period began. If you guys watched it more, you wouldn't be so shocked and dismayed. I understand why Chicago fans don't watch, which validates my point.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I have to walk you thru this again? You don't watch ESPN because why?

I forgot bias is the single purpose why people dont watch espn. Thats funny because i dont watch lifetime network because of their bias towards women who get raped by their brother in laws.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
"ESPN has been accused of having a bias[1] towards certain teams and a "love affair" with superstar players such as Tim Tebow, Brett Favre, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, Johnny Manziel, Robert Griffin III, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Michael Vick, Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Yasiel Puig, Mike Trout, Danica Patrick, David Ortiz, and Tiger Woods, along with teams, such as the Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees, Los Angeles Dodgers, Miami Heat, Indiana Pacers, Los Angeles Lakers, Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos, Washington Redskins, Pittsburgh Steelers, USC Trojans Football, North Carolina Tar Heels, and the Duke Blue Devils.[2] The ESPN ombudsman, Le Anne Schreiber, responded to these criticisms by saying that the industry is ratings-driven"

LOL the Pacers are on the list of teams ESPN has been accused of being biased towards, but the Knicks aren't. Does that tell you anything?

Yeah, I guess the whole accusation thing is bs because someone added the Pacers to the list. Are you fucking serious?

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I said most of the talking heads on ESPN don't think Chicago is the best fit for Carmelo or Gasol. This has been going on since the FA period began. If you guys watched it more, you wouldn't be so shocked and dismayed. I understand why Chicago fans don't watch, which validates my point.

Their main basketball talking head made a bet on the air at the draft that Melo was going to the Bulls.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I guess the whole accusation thing is bs because someone added the Pacers to the list. Are you fucking serious?

Did they also take the Knicks off the list?

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I forgot bias is the single purpose why people dont watch espn. Thats funny because i dont watch lifetime network because of their bias towards women who get raped by their brother in laws.

You're a fucking idiot, stop posting.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You made a thread saying you were watching ESPN and they discussed how they don't want any FAs to come to Chicago. When asked who said this and what they've said, you haven't been able to answer that.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yeah, that fucking link douchebag.

That doesn't answer anybody's question on what these 'usual suspects' said about FAs coming to the Bulls. How do you possibly not understand what is being asked of you in this thread? How fucking stupid are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.