Every Mako Mitch pass from week one

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Some nice throws early and fewer late.

I sure hope Howard continues with good concentration, he almost looked like a natural catcher...

I honestly do not think he needs more reps, he has the talent, but someone to help him figure out how to calm down during pressure situations. Between him being overly excited and the WRs being gassed, they could not connect.

WAY too Many screen passes. It stops being effective when they see it coming.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
After watching that you can clearly see that Mitch made some mistakes but is hardly to blame for how that game went... Those are just poorly called plays and poorly designed plays for those short yardage situations. After watching that I still believe in Mitch and his ability to play the QB position at a high level.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
After watching that you can clearly see that Mitch made some mistakes but is hardly to blame for how that game went... Those are just poorly called plays and poorly designed plays for those short yardage situations. After watching that I still believe in Mitch and his ability to play the QB position at a high level.

People are freaking out because the first half was a joy but still we ended up with another brutal loss to the Packers. It stings but objectivity is important.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Some nice throws early and fewer late.

I sure hope Howard continues with good concentration, he almost looked like a natural catcher...

I honestly do not think he needs more reps, he has the talent, but someone to help him figure out how to calm down during pressure situations. Between him being overly excited and the WRs being gassed, they could not connect.

WAY too Many screen passes. It stops being effective when they see it coming.

Can't do that without facing more of them. He'll get more comfy with what to do when things break down with more reps in the new O(hopefully). Not something he gets much of in practice.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Some exceptional throws.

Some bad reads and hesitation in the 2nd half.

The 2 minute drill was where he was really bad.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
the difference between how he saw the field early in the game and late in the game is just bizarre.

The first bank of plays are scripted. He rehearsed them in walkthroughs in practice. When the natural game opened up, he was hopeless.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
One they get beyond the scripted plays, if his first read isn’t open, he tucks and runs. (Often for good reason. And he does often get the first down this way—That third down on the long second-to-last drive was pretty impressive—he wasn’t going to be denied getting to the sticks.) I’d like to see him step up into the pocket (something he hardly ever does) and continue his progressions, as long as there’s not a guy bearing right down on him.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That last possession was painful to watch. These misses. Wow.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One they get beyond the scripted plays, if his first read isn’t open, he tucks and runs. (Often for good reason. And he does often get the first down this way—That third down on the long second-to-last drive was pretty impressive—he wasn’t going to be denied getting to the sticks.) I’d like to see him step up into the pocket (something he hardly ever does) and continue his progressions, as long as there’s not a guy bearing right down on him.

Right. Good summary of it, and Collinsworth basically said it too. Last year he took sacks. Sunday night he avoided them on several occasions. Sometimes it was terrific, but others he could have stepped into the pocket, and/or started his run while looking downfield. He is getting there.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There was also the issue that his first read was a shitty 2 yard or less pass quite a bit.

So yeah he did well following the script and has trouble going through progressions but Nagy's cowardly play calling once they had a lead was also a problem.

Trub's strength is in the intermediate passing game. Not shitty ass screens. Those passes are suppose to help supplement the riskier throws but Nagy made them the highlight of the offense in the 2nd half.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There was also the issue that his first read was a shitty 2 yard or less pass quite a bit.

So yeah he did well following the script and has trouble going through progressions but Nagy's cowardly play calling once they had a lead was also a problem.

Trub's strength is in the intermediate passing game. Not shitty ass screens. Those passes are suppose to help supplement the riskier throws but Nagy made them the highlight of the offense in the 2nd half.

This is an excellent point. Whatever confidence and swagger the offense had was killed by play calling in the 3rd.

The 3rd quarter was exceptionally weak play calling. They ran more screens in one quarter, including 2 back to back then anyone should run in a game.

There were 2 misses that cannot happen one was a bad throw the other a bad read

-The Robinson fade
-The Cohen wheel route

The 2 minute drill was a total mess that needs to be put back on the drawing board or repped 1000x.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That last possession was painful to watch. These misses. Wow.

It was a trainwreck from the 1st play.

Trubisky makes a nice scramble and a 1st down throw and a penalty brings them back.

Momentum killer on the 1st play.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I also think that the play calling in the 2 minute drill was pretty awful.

1. You took over the ball with 2:08 and 2 timeouts, you only need a field goal.

2. The previous drive you had run the ball effectively and mixed in enough passes to move the ball 61 yards.

3. Your QB is not reading the complex zone defenses that the Packers are running against you.

Why in this situation do you

1. Stop running the ball
2. Go full field reads
3. Not give him some predefined reads and routes.

You need to go about 40 yards to try a field goal you didn't have to rush.

Monster

Liked Posts:

I think this is dead on right...

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
How bout we stop the cute nicknames till Mitch actually balls out, maybe like throw 2 touchdowns in a game, something he has never done yet

Sad that Watson, Mahomes, Garropollo and even Darnold have already had a game like that and we're still waiting

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:

Real talk.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The first bank of plays are scripted. He rehearsed them in walkthroughs in practice. When the natural game opened up, he was hopeless.

Then you see how more time in this offense only helps him right. He was great with the plays he was comfortable with. If he didn’t have the talent or ability to play QB in the NFL he would have struggled with the scripted plays as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk