Expectations for Kmet next year?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So how many yards again?

Your thread title asked for expectations for Kmet next year. I gave you my expectations. If you wish to quantify those expectations into yards then do you but I answered the question in the thread title.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is his passive/aggressive take since they passed on one of his guys (Mims).

The funny thing is when Pace blows a pick, yall like to point out well the other guys available to him also sucked as this is often used to defend the White and Floyd picks. Yet somehow when I say my expectations are tied to how the guys Pace passed on perform relative to Kmet, there is somehow a problem.

This is not passive aggressive. This is how we all evaluate picks. Yall just only want to follow it when it suits your narrative as in the case of White and Floyd not being as bad because the guys after them also sucked.

And let's be even more honest here. If Mims bombs and Kmet is a stud you will freely point that out. So the only difference is I am willing to state that upfront whereas you will go hide and only bring up Mims if next year Kmet outperforms him. If Mims is a stud and Kmet bombs, you will make excuses and claim it is not fair to compare.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The funny thing is when Pace blows a pick, yall like to point out well the other guys available to him also sucked as this is often used to defend the White and Floyd picks. Yet somehow when I say my expectations are tied to how the guys Pace passed on perform relative to Kmet, there is somehow a problem.

This is not passive aggressive. This is how we all evaluate picks. Yall just only want to follow it when it suits your narrative as in the case of White and Floyd not being as bad because the guys after them also sucked.

And let's be even more honest here. If Mims bombs and Kmet is a stud you will freely point that out. So the only difference is I am willing to state that upfront whereas you will go hide and only bring up Mims if next year Kmet outperforms him. If Mims is a stud and Kmet bombs, you will make excuses and claim it is not fair to compare.

No one gives a shit about Mims except for you.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

I‘m not sure who constitutes “Yall.” Actually, what the fuck is “Yall?”

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No one gives a shit about Mims except for you.

Not sure you point. Your question asked what our expectations are so I can only answer that by discussing my expectations not anyone else. So if that means I am the only one that cares about Mims (although Playthrough brought him up) then that is perfectly fine as it is my expectations.

Like did you want us to answer the question based on our opinion or did you just want us to answer in a way that you prefer? If so then maybe change the thread title.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not sure you point. Your question asked what our expectations are so I can only answer that by discussing my expectations not anyone else. So if that means I am the only one that cares about Mims (although Playthrough brought him up) then that is perfectly fine as it is my expectations.

Like did you want us to answer the question based on our opinion or did you just want us to answer in a way that you prefer? If so then maybe change the thread title.

So for future reference folks.....Remy only reads the thread title. Make sure you get it all in there because he’s not gonna read your post.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I‘m not sure who constitutes “Yall.” Actually, what the fuck is “Yall?”

It is fine if you want to avoid the hypocrisy by going off on a tangent but you are not fooling anyone.

For one, I know Baba has made that argument regarding White as it was in a thread a few weeks ago when we were discussing Pace's draft record. I don't remember for a fact when you did but let's be real here dude, you know you have. So again, at least I am going on record saying what my relative performance measures are while you will wait to see how Mims, Jones or whoever performs and only bring it up if Kmet is better.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So for future reference folks.....Remy only reads the thread title. Make sure you get it all in there because he’s not gonna read your post.

I read your post. I simply decided I preferred a relative performance measure rather than a purely quantitative one. Just like how you prefered to bring up qualitative factors when discussing Pace's draft record a few weeks back.

I have no idea why it is cool for you to point out the guys drafted after White sucked but then you get all pissy when I say my expectations for Kmet are based on how he performs relative to the guys drafted after him that we could have picked instead. Are you suggesting you are the only one allowed to consider who was drafted after a player we took and only when it suits your argument?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It is fine if you want to avoid the hypocrisy by going off on a tangent but you are not fooling anyone.

For one, I know Baba has made that argument regarding White as it was in a thread a few weeks ago when we were discussing Pace's draft record. I don't remember for a fact when you did but let's be real here dude, you know you have. So again, at least I am going on record saying what my relative performance measures are while you will wait to see how Mims, Jones or whoever performs and only bring it up if Kmet is better.

I don’t believe I’ve ever mentioned players drafted after White or Floyd in any form of argument but you seem to KNOW I have.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I read your post. I simply decided I preferred a relative performance measure rather than a purely quantitative one. Just like how you prefered to bring up qualitative factors when discussing Pace's draft record a few weeks back.

I have no idea why it is cool for you to point out the guys drafted after White sucked but then you get all pissy when I say my expectations for Kmet are based on how he performs relative to the guys drafted after him that we could have picked instead. Are you suggesting you are the only one allowed to consider who was drafted after a player we took and only when it suits your argument?

Yes

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t believe I’ve ever mentioned players drafted after White or Floyd in any form of argument but you seem to KNOW I have.

If you haven't then I stand corrected but that has been a frequent debate point including from BaBa as I noted above. You guys need to learn how to engage in debate without taking things personal. I am giving my opinion based on my perspective. You are free to have your own which I have noted repeatedly. I see no need to get pissy about things because we have different ways of defining expectations. Is this really that big of a deal? If yall want to use hard numbers then use hard numbers. If I prefer to assess on a relative performance basis, I see no reason for someone to get irked by that.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
50/450/5

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If you haven't then I stand corrected but that has been a frequent debate point including from BaBa as I noted above. You guys need to learn how to engage in debate without taking things personal. I am giving my opinion based on my perspective. You are free to have your own which I have noted repeatedly. I see no need to get pissy about things because we have different ways of defining expectations. Is this really that big of a deal? If yall want to use hard numbers then use hard numbers. If I prefer to assess on a relative performance basis, I see no reason for someone to get irked by that.

first of all I’m not pissy. I’m just fucking around as always.

second, numbers or not, my question was about expectations and you went straight to assessment. I’ll worry about assessing him after I’ve seen him play a bit. Right now I’m just wondering what people’s expectations are. There IS a difference between expectations and assessing.

anyways, good night and see you tomorrow!

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Well which Kmet am I supposed to project for???? The Kmet that is compared to rudolph probably not going to have the same production that the Kmet that was very recently compared to Zach Ertz would have. I have even seen some people comparing him to Gronk, and those numbers probably project much differently.

Unfortunately, we are still waiting on the kelce comp. Those would be some great numbers.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
As for expectations. Rather than numbers I will go with a relative assessment.

1. He needs to perform as well or outperform all the other TEs in the draft.

2. He needs to get at least half the yards of any WR drafted after him.

3. Our RG, RT, LT need to grade out higher than any OL taken after him.

For me, it is all about how he performs relative to what else was available so I hope to hell Pace drafted him with the expectation that he hit at least 2 out of 3 of the above.

You can’t even answer a simple question..... ?‍♂️

And #2 is especially ridiculous
[/QUOTE]
Thats a cool take

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
first of all I’m not pissy. I’m just fucking around as always.

second, numbers or not, my question was about expectations and you went straight to assessment. I’ll worry about assessing him after I’ve seen him play a bit. Right now I’m just wondering what people’s expectations are. There IS a difference between expectations and assessing.

anyways, good night and see you tomorrow!

Yes and I am saying I expect him to perform relative to the guys taken around him. My point was Pace took him on basis he was BPA or close to it at 43. So as BPA why shouldnt I expect him to perform reasonably well relative to who was available. If Hamler gets 700 yards then 350 yards for Kmet seems like a reasonable expectation to me.