Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Will be the first one to turn on Williams if he isn’t immediately good
I don't think Luke made his hard turn until the 1st 4 games of this year when Fields couldn't run a timing O and verbally rejected any attempt to do so. I gave him some more to see if he could do his own thing at a high level. Nah.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I don't think Luke made his hard turn until the 1st 4 games of this year when Fields couldn't run a timing O and verbally rejected any attempt to do so. I gave him some more to see if he could do his own thing at a high level. Nah.
Despite it being popular to believe the opposite, I think the vast majority of Bears fans give the QB plenty of time with context before coming to a definitive conclusion.

Most of the people on this board gave Mitch 2+ years before realizing he just wasn’t it. Same
with Fields.

If these players were good, we’d know it. It wouldn’t be a major debate.

I plan on giving Caleb Williams 2+ years as well. I suspect it’ll go well, but anyone can bust. We’ll see.

Luke

Liked Posts:

good memory man, absolutely correct.
I was actually pretty much done with him last year but understood the trade and giving him one more year with a true #1.
This was the no excuses year, but after the first few games, I saw the same old JF and was done with him.
Honestly, it was so frustrating watching him play QB this past season knowing that he is not the guy.
Fortunately, Carolina really sucked and we got the #1 pick.
Happy days are here again...hopefully.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
good memory man, absolutely correct.
I was actually pretty much done with him last year but understood the trade and giving him one more year with a true #1.
This was the no excuses year, but after the first few games, I saw the same old JF and was done with him.
Honestly, it was so frustrating watching him play QB this past season knowing that he is not the guy.
Fortunately, Carolina really sucked and we got the #1 pick.
Happy days are here again...hopefully.
Until you turn on this QB after a hint of controversy as well

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Despite it being popular to believe the opposite, I think the vast majority of Bears fans give the QB plenty of time with context before coming to a definitive conclusion.

Most of the people on this board gave Mitch 2+ years before realizing he just wasn’t it. Same
with Fields.

I plan on giving Caleb Williams 2+ years as well. I suspect it’ll go well, but anyone can bust. We’ll see.
The problem is some posters get hypersensitive to ANY critique of the QB and immediately jump to the conclusion you're labeling him a bust - it's not so.

...and the name calling starts. You're an idiot, moron, or dOnT kNoW FoOTBaW!

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

with Fields.

lol no you wouldn’t

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The problem is some posters get hypersensitive to ANY critique of the QB and immediately jump to the conclusion you're labeling him a bust - it's not so.

...and the name calling starts. You're an idiot, moron, or dOnT kNoW FoOTBaW!
BR, you’ve been too afraid to take a stance or even give out an opinion on anything because it hurts your feelings when people make fun of you for it. You still get upset by your (admittedly idiotic) Mitch Quote to this day but hey here’s your chance; @Black Rainbow do you believe Caleb Williams will be good?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
A better eye-opener would compare Caleb's 3 seasons in college to Fields' 3 seasons in college.

Caleb would still look better than Fields but it would be a fairer comparison.

Passing

Caleb 10082 passing yards Fields 5701
Caleb 93 TDs Fields 67
Caleb 14 Int Fields 9
Caleb 66.9 Completion % Fields 68.4
Caleb & Fields 9.2 Yards per attempt
Caleb 10.3 Adjusted passing yards per attempts Fields 10.7
Caleb 169.3 Passing Efficiency Rating Fields 178.8

Rushing

Caleb 966 yards Fields 1133
Caleb 3.3 rushing average Fields 4.4
Caleb 27 rushing TDs Fields 19

Notes:
  1. No sack nor fumble stats found
  2. Caleb amassed his stats in 3 more games than Fields
Caleb had a staggering advantage in the key stats for QBs, TDs and Yards. The rest of the stats showed a very similar stat profile for Caleb and Fields.
Not apples to apples to compare total stats when Fields barely played at all his freshman year at Georgia and had a COVID-shortened season his junior year.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Comparing NFL stats to college stats is almost pointless...

Fields is gone, there is no reason to do any comparisons between the two levels.

We will find out what Williams can do in the NFL very soon.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Fields is gone, there is no reason to do any comparisons between the two levels.

This. Just let it go everyone. We will have a pinned Fields watch thread at the start of the season. Any attempts to hijack other threads with Fields BS will be moved there or just deleted. New era to Bears football starting!

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

They need to be right on the internet. It’s the usual same bile on here

QB is drafted
Excitement and joviality
Oohs and ahhs in TC and preseason
Regular season hits and QB isn’t as good as made to be

Then my favorite part “I knew he wasn’t any good! I wanted (insert rookie QB playing well here)

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

with Fields.

Agree 100% unless they just come firing out of the gate. It's why I had some issues with the playoffs or CW is a fail crowd. I expect playoffs but so much can happen between then and now. CW could also be meh this year and still become great.