FA begins

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Disappointed nothing has changed my world yet. :laugh:

WearShades

Liked Posts:
It's about damn time. How soon does the Johnson for max with Atlanta deal get announced.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
According to the live ESPN chat he's in LA now and the Knicks are meeting with him.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Something tells me we don't hear anything till tomorrow at the soonest. I don't think Bron will decide till at least Friday.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wonder how those conversations we're having with Bosh are going...

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Agreed, I think nothing major happens until after LeBron meets with everyone.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I don't know about that. I think Wade and JJ will resign and maybe even Bosh or Amare will go to Miami. Riley can get things done.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Bosh needs to organise a sign and trade, he's not going to do that overnight. I also can't see Miami locking up Amare until they know on Bosh and LeBron. Wade I could see, except he's already committed to meet with the Nets, Knicks & Bulls (from memory), so I doubt he cancels the meetings and signs straight away.

JJ in Atlanta or NY straight away I could see though.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
No one can sign till the eighth but I don't think teams haven't started discussing a s&t. I don;t think that will sop bosh from verbally committing anyhere.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Cuban is trying to make a play for Joe Johnson too it seems, I wonder what assets they think they have that the Hawks would take for him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shakes wrote:
Cuban is trying to make a play for Joe Johnson too it seems, I wonder what assets they think they have that the Hawks would take for him.
Marion? Dampier? That French PG? Don't know the salaries though so not sure how many guys they'd need to trade to match salaries.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
We've also scheduled a meeting with David Lee on Friday: http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5345105

I know I'm in the minority in thinking this, but if we can't get Bosh then Lee is the next best target to pair with LeBron given fit/age/injury risk. I'm glad we are chasing him, because he's been curiously absent from the rumours so far.

So far no mention of us even talking to Joe Johnson, hopefully this means Fred's nightmare about us signing JJ straight away isn't going to happen.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Well the first chip fell and I can't believed we missed the opportunity to bring back Drew Gooden for only 5/32. Worse yet, we have to play that beast 4 times a year and he is in our division. Damn it GarPax!!!!

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
I like this signing for the Bucks. They get a more traditional power forward to go with their stretch four Ilyasova. I guess they drafted Larry Sanders to be their backup center.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So how many times will our boy Drew get traded this year? 2 times? Once? :lol:

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol yea hes always trade bait

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Well the first chip fell and I can't believed we missed the opportunity to bring back Drew Gooden for only 5/32. Worse yet, we have to play that beast 4 times a year and he is in our division. Damn it GarPax!!!!

He'll be traded around half a dozen times on that deal just like his last one. Outside of the big 5 of Dirk/Bosh/Amare/Boozer/Lee there is a huge drop off, so no surprise Gooden got snapped up even if he's a turnstyle on defense and dumber than Isiah's trades.

Salmons is getting 5/39 (+ 5 million in bonuses), I said all along he'd opt out for a MLE type deal from some team that wasn't in the running for the big names. A little surprised he got 5 years though, even if the 5th is a team option.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I think Skiles is gonna finally pop that vein in his forehead with Gooden.

I don't think Salmons would have gotten that deal if he weren't traded so I don't think opting out was a forgone conclusion.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Rudy Gay re-signing for the max, no surprise he was all over that contract. Terrible deal that they'll regret.