Yes please.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wouldn't they be penalized next draft season?
I was going to ask this same thing. I can't imagine they'll conclude this investigation that quickly with that high of a price to pay... and even if they did, I can't believe they'd penalize them this year. I feel like they'd push it to next year regardless.

That said, I don't care much about Turner specifically. I like a lot of players. And if the Vikings were to swap with them, I'd be more worried that a division rival is being handed more draft capital for free.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
We're moving up for MHJ.
Oh look, the NFL is moving us up for free. Well then we'll get defense for the new QB.
If we get moved up wouldn't that make your former article about moving up for MHJ more attainable??? :ROFLMAO:

I want to know what you're on to cause these elevator highs.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I was going to ask this same thing. I can't imagine they'll conclude this investigation that quickly with that high of a price to pay... and even if they did, I can't believe they'd penalize them this year. I feel like they'd push it to next year regardless.

That said, I don't care much about Turner specifically. I like a lot of players. And if the Vikings were to swap with them, I'd be more worried that a division rival is being handed more draft capital for free.
The investigation should be pretty easy. Cousins admitted he was tampered with weeks ago because he’s an idiot.

This isn’t the Warren Commission.

I don’t want Turner but the “investigation” is not rocket science.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The investigation should be pretty easy. Cousins admitted he was tampered with weeks ago because he’s an idiot.

This isn’t the Warren Commission.

I don’t want Turner but the “investigation” is not rocket science.
Yea, I'm not saying it is some deep and difficult investigation, but even easy things have a lot of hoops to jump through. You have multiple people who are involved and probably all going through lawyers... who all don't care about being expeditious. Depending on the reluctance of people to cooperate, I'd be pretty stunned if they penalize them in this draft considering it's 2 weeks away.

And I get the nature of a penalty isn't to be kind to anyone... but also the months of planning the Falcons have been doing and continue to do, only to have that gone at the last minute would be rough. I guess it's not "gone", but whatever. And again, I get it's a penalty... but I just feel like the league won't do it so rapidly (relatively speaking of course)... and I just really think they'll end up deciding what to do months from now cause everything moves at a snail's pace.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We're moving up for MHJ.
Oh look, the NFL is moving us up for free. Well then we'll get defense for the new QB.
If we get moved up wouldn't that make your former article about moving up for MHJ more attainable??? :ROFLMAO:

I want to know what you're on to cause these elevator highs.
The Bears wouldn’t be getting moved up by the NFL?

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
CCS will complain about Turner like they did about Leonard Floyd if the Bears draft him.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Should CCs not have complained about Leonard Floyd?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The Bears wouldn’t be getting moved up by the NFL?

Huh?

If Falcons forfeit #8 then the Bears will have traded the a 1st round pick at #32 again. But at least Sweat wasn't a blown pick.
But had we kept it we would've had 3 1st round picks.

My point was if we were trading up for MHJ which isn't that realistic why wouldn't a shorter trade up be the same MHJ? Why would it become a LB?

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Huh?

If Falcons forfeit #8 then the Bears will have traded the a 1st round pick at #32 again. But at least Sweat wasn't a blown pick.

My point was if we were trading up for MHJ which isn't that realistic why wouldn't a shorter trade up be the same MHJ? Why would it become a LB?
Did you not read the article or do you suck at reading comprehension?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Huh?

The article suggests the punishment would be a pick swap between the Falcons and Vikings.

Also, the Bears didn’t trade 32 for Sweat. It was pick 40.