Fangio interviewed by Pace

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
As per Team Stream

Joined in December.......how soon before you start writing in iambic pentameter or quatrains and use the same word over and over again......jk

thanks for the update. but where is the link

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Formality. Zero chance. Might have been trying to get a feeler if he's still be interested in being the DC. I bet he goes to GB to be the DC.

Why would he not want to stay though? If we hire an offensive minded HC, then he would have complete control over the defense. With Fox (who was also defensive minded), he could use his authority to control certain situations. An offensive minded HC won't do that. Why the Bears over the Packers? Easier to work with players you already helped developed would be a reason.

Now if he wants to be a HC, then choosing the Bears or Packers would both be a bad decision.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he interviews for the HC position that says that there is no interest in staying on as a DC for someone else -

If he doesn't get the job then he gone...

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Haha sorry it turns out the notification was caused by a tweet from the Bears announcing it. I hope they’re just throwing the dog a bone to keep him from fucking us over in Green Bay

Washington

Liked Posts:
Why would he not want to stay though? If we hire an offensive minded HC, then he would have complete control over the defense. With Fox (who was also defensive minded), he could use his authority to control certain situations. An offensive minded HC won't do that. Why the Bears over the Packers? Easier to work with players you already helped developed would be a reason.

Now if he wants to be a HC, then choosing the Bears or Packers would both be a bad decision.

What if he does not like the new HC or does not care for the organization? He might have seen enough to say he's seen enough and wants greener pastures.

I just have this feeling about him moving to GB. No fact, pure assumption. I don't see him getting a HC offer.

TishLover

Liked Posts:
I hope he stays as HC (doubt he would stay as DC)
I'm sure Pace is interested as well just because it would mean a solid defense, only if he can come up with solid offensive plan that would make sense to Pace.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I would like Fangio to stay, but not sure I want ANY Defensive minded HC

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Personally I feel it’s stupid to make any type of commitment to Vic when we are interviewing for his boss that may or may not want him

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't see how interviewing and staying as DC are mutually exclusive.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see how interviewing and staying as DC are mutually exclusive.

they are not, but odds are not good. Toub left under the same circumstances. Toub felt he deserved to be a head coach and he did not get it here so he left in a lateral move.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
they are not, but odds are not good. Toub left under the same circumstances. Toub felt he deserved to be a head coach and he did not get it here so he left in a lateral move.

They did not even interview Toub did they? I honestly can not remember.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
They did not even interview Toub did they? I honestly can not remember.
My hope is they interviewed him to keep him long enough for the new HC to decide if they want him. I doubt they’re that smart though

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The good thing about Fangio is he has a lot of coaches across the leage that respect him. He should not have a problem attracting a good offensive coordinator.