Fangio interviewed by Pace

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The good thing about Fangio is he has a lot of coaches across the leage that respect him. He should not have a problem attracting a good offensive coordinator.
Do we really want to run the risk of somebody coming along and poaching him from us??? Hire an offensive guy for Mitch plz

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I would love the pressers with Fangio. Not a chance it happens though and I'd be astonished if any defensive coach is being serioisly considered.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They did not even interview Toub did they? I honestly can not remember.

I just read somewhere that we interviewed Toub in 2013 for the head coaching job.

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure what to think of this. In one sense, I really like Fangio both as DC and possible HC...but I can't help but feel like we really do need an offensive minded guy both for Trubisky's development and also to keep that continuity with the scheme/playbook. I absolutely do NOT want to be shuffling through offensive coordinators every 1,2, or 3 years like we did with Cutler. IMO Trubisky will have zero chance if we are changing coordinators like that.

It's also hard to imagine they would just be talking to him about staying as DC. That is a decision that should fall purely on the shoulders of the new HC. You can't tell guys during the interview "Just so you know if you accept this job, Fangio MUST be the DC". It would be awesome if that's what they wanted, but typically new hires want to bring in their own guy.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
they are not, but odds are not good. Toub left under the same circumstances. Toub felt he deserved to be a head coach and he did not get it here so he left in a lateral move.

I think it was how the interview went down that pissed him off. I suspect Emery was requested to do so and rubbed lots of people the wrong way. Emery insisting on hiring the coaches didn't help either.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you want a chance to keep him as a DC you have to show him the respect of the HC interview.

This. His chances of moving up elsewhere get better if those familiar with him show interest.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
What if the interview was a just a cover because via some back channeling a candidate such as McDaniels has indicated he really wants to retain Vic Fangio if he gets the Bears job? Maybe the point of the interview was to gauge his interest in sticking around once the new coach is hired?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What if the interview was a just a cover because via some back channeling a candidate such as McDaniels has indicated he really wants to retain Vic Fangio if he gets the Bears job? Maybe the point of the interview was to gauge his interest in sticking around once the new coach is hired?

They could just ask him.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:

I think we're getting waaaayyy ahead of ourselves. They've not even interviewed an external candidate yet.

DaGunslinger6

Liked Posts:
Pace had an opportunity to fire Fox at any point this season and give Fangio an audition. Everyone knew by week 10 Fox was gone, if Fangio is a candidate now why wasn’t he given a chance on an interim basis to show what he could do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Pace had an opportunity to fire Fox at any point this season and give Fangio an audition. Everyone knew by week 10 Fox was gone, if Fangio is a candidate now why wasn’t he given a chance on an interim basis to show what he could do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's got almost no chance of getting hired.

Fangio must be pretty cynical about the motives for him getting the interview but the alternative is no interview and 0% of him coming back as DC. Plus it gives them something to do until Friday.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
About respect..............

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Allow the shoopster to clarify - it was an exit interview . . .

AR-150229714.jpg&updated=201502211959&MaxW=800&maxH=800&noborder