Fast AF Boi

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I honestly dont understand how someone as big and fast as Claypool is not a #1 WR. I really hope it was just a lack of experience in the system and JF and he has a break out season in 23`. Velus 4.31? What a waste.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I honestly dont understand how someone as big and fast as Claypool is not a #1 WR. I really hope it was just a lack of experience in the system and JF and he has a break out season in 23`. Velus 4.31? What a waste.
Well, #1 WR isnt really a well-defined thing, but I also am skeptical that they were trying to feed him the ball in any game to begin with last year.

As for a breakout year, I do not know if this offense is going to be geared towards getting any one receiver a large volume of catches. Moore might be the guy, or maybe Moore, Mooney and Claypool each get a similar volume over the entire season. If the three of them combine for 2500 receiving yards, I call it a good group going forward regardless of Velus.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Don't think anyone outside the teams have any clue what's going on with that kid. His rookie year was completely respectable, year 2 was stagnant, then Pitt decided to ship him to us mid way through year 3.

His 7 games with us I can't really fault too much due to, as you said, no experience in the system or with the QB. But, the Steelers shipping him out after 8 games is what is more concerning.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, #1 WR isnt really a well-defined thing, but I also am skeptical that they were trying to feed him the ball in any game to begin with last year.

As for a breakout year, I do not know if this offense is going to be geared towards getting any one receiver a large volume of catches. Moore might be the guy, or maybe Moore, Mooney and Claypool each get a similar volume over the entire season. If the three of them combine for 2500 receiving yards, I call it a good group going forward regardless of Velus.

well, any time Moore is not the first read, he will probably be the second

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Velus is the fastest, but not the bestest. Hmmm.

thedarkstark

Liked Posts:
Don't think anyone outside the teams have any clue what's going on with that kid. His rookie year was completely respectable, year 2 was stagnant, then Pitt decided to ship him to us mid way through year 3.

His 7 games with us I can't really fault too much due to, as you said, no experience in the system or with the QB. But, the Steelers shipping him out after 8 games is what is more concerning.
He called out his coach/offensive coordinator and Mike Tomlin isn't the guy to pull that kind of thing on. Also given the history of the Steelers diva WRs he was probably on a very short leash.

I really think he's going to bounce back this year and put up 700-800 yards with 9-10 TDs but we will see.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think somebody can run fast once in shorts and that time sticks with him even though he doesn't play that fast.

I would like to see Claypool get 3 to 4 vertical shots a game. With his body size he draws PI calls.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I think somebody can run fast once in shorts and that time sticks with him even though he doesn't play that fast.

I would like to see Claypool get 3 to 4 vertical shots a game. With his body size he draws PI calls.
Last year he had Trubisky throwing him the ball, then had a really fucking weird 2nd half with the Bears who barely sent him deep with a great deep ball QB, and he had a nagging injury. It's almost as if Getsy was told to get on the tank train after a couple tough losses. Wouldn't surprise me at all for Claypool to get those rebound throws, especially with Moore in tow.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I saw Ebner at camp and he looked like he had some pop. During the season, his legs looked dead. He showed absolutely nothing.

He’s gone or practice squad at best. Homer and Johnson pretty much guarantee that.
I wonder what the plan at RB is. Are we going to carry 4 and Blasingame? Homer, Herbert and Johnson all offer something in special teams but carrying all them + Foreman + Blasingame seems excessive. Add to that likely 6 WRs and you've got 11 of your 53 between those two positions.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I honestly dont understand how someone as big and fast as Claypool is not a #1 WR.
D.K. Metcalf was an absolute physical freak coming out in the draft yet that didn't stop teams from drafting N'Keal Harry, Mecole Hardman, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Parris Campbell and Andy Isabella over him. There's more to playing the position than just being big and fast, just ask Denzel Mims.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I wonder what the plan at RB is. Are we going to carry 4 and Blasingame? Homer, Herbert and Johnson all offer something in special teams but carrying all them + Foreman + Blasingame seems excessive. Add to that likely 6 WRs and you've got 11 of your 53 between those two positions.
Homer is a quality NFL backup with special teams prowess, but your point is well taken.

Either Homer or a 4th TE could find themselves on the bubble.

However, the Bears will run the ball a ton and will need RB depth over a 17 game schedule. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

But it was for pick 32!!!

dennehy

Liked Posts:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't see how we keep Ebner on the active this year... or at all unless he's showing a lot more than last year.