Fat Lady is Warming up her Vocals....She Sang

TL1961

Liked Posts:
As it stands now the Cubs are on the outside.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Feh
You go back to that ninth-inning when the Cubs had a one on lead and the fastest runner on third with one out. Mastrobuoni comes up and can’t put the ball in play and we don’t get it to run lead and the rest is history.
Literally threw him the same middle middle fastball three times. It was like watching the T-ball tee pitch a perfect game at the special olympics.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Game over and David Ross's tenure should be over too after another one like this!
Yeah, cuz it’s totally Ross’ fault that game 1 Suzuki(a good fielder) misses a routine fly ball and it’s totally Ross’ fault that in game 2 Hoerner(a really good fielder) turns a relatively routine double play into no outs at all

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, cuz it’s totally Ross’ fault that game 1 Suzuki(a good fielder) misses a routine fly ball and it’s totally Ross’ fault that in game 2 Hoerner(a really good fielder) turns a relatively routine double play into no outs at all
Don't forget that Hoyer's trash collection of a bullpen hasn't put up a zero since they entered Atlanta.....kind of hard to pick a guy when none of them can record 3 outs before a run is scored.

Even if they win out and miraculously sneak in....I will stick to what I said weeks ago. Not selling at the deadline was a mistake because this is not a good team.

Almost forgot.....24 yr old Nelson Velazquez has cracked out 17 HRs in 150 ABs for KC. That's like 50+ a season. Sure, he could be just another Schwindel but what if he isn't? Just the fact that he's flashing that kind of potential, sure makes it look like another "great" move by Hoyer. Who did he get for him? Oh, yeah....another addition to the trash collection bullpen.

Last edited:

Bust

Liked Posts:
september collapse.

Lose 2 of 3 to the last place pirates, lost 2 of 3 to the last place Rockies. Got swept by Arizona.

GG

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Ok, Mrs. Ross. We get it. He’s awesome and beyond reproach.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Ok, Mrs. Ross. We get it. He’s awesome and beyond reproach.
Yeah, that’s totally what I said

do you actually blame Ross for the last few games?? His best fielders are committing errors and his bullpen is an absolute dumpster fire since Alzolay got hurt.

Or I guess you disagree with this???

I questions some moves he makes, but in the grand scheme of the overall picture, he has done a solid job this year.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Why do baseball fans rag a manager? Hindsight is absolute. Try making a decision before the fact like they have to do on a daily basis. See who is right more often....the fan or the manager.

Ross only should be judged by his team management skills. Having poor production or lacking talent. or dealing with key injury. Those are out of his control.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Why do baseball fans rag a manager? Hindsight is absolute. Try making a decision before the fact like they have to do on a daily basis. See who is right more often....the fan or the manager.
They are also the least impactful managers in all of sports. Yet people lose their minds if a move doesn't work out.
In this era of baseball advanced metrics pretty much determines every move, and not some manager going on a whim.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
All Jed has to say is we overperformed our expectations this year and we took a shot at it.

We did come up short but we now know that what we were building works and now it is time to add on to it to bring Chicago another championship

After that it is time to trade some farm depth that are out of time and no home for bull pen depth. Wait on Stro's decision.

Other than that set up a time line for Horton.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
As of now this is the team in 2024. Cubs have control of decision to retain and likelyness of said player using a opt to stick

Happ LF
PCA CF. Maybe Canario in a platoon year 1.
Suzuki RF
Madrigal 3B
Swanson SS
Hoerner 2B
Mervis 1B
Gomes C
Morel DH

Steele
Stroman
Taillon
Hendricks
Wicks

So 3B and 1B are areas of concern. Then the pen in general needs a investment

I would be in favor of targeting Hader. That gives 2 closer quality pitchers at the back.

Then they would need a track record middle relief pitcher. Someone that has been stable.

After that Jed has to target Bellinger. If that gets into the 35AAV world then target Chapman for 3B and roll the dice on Mervis

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The other method is cut everything off. Revamp it.

This is the part that I'll get some hazing for.

Pull another trade with the Mets. Try to get Edwin Diaz and Pete Alonzo back.

This gives a solid 8/9 with Alzolay. 1B is locked down for a while. (Pay the man)

Make all except PCA and Horton available.

Mets are going into rebuild mode. Cubs are going into contender mode. This deal kinda makes sense from both teams perspective.

After that get into the Ontani market. Most teams will be targeting Bellinger so get Ontani while most teams are shaking.

This gives an ace level starter to take over after Stroman expires and let's Horton come in with less pressure.

At that point jed can go status que on the rest. He would have some key issues addressed going into 2024 and beyond. Plus Ontani and Alonzo in the same line up. Scared

Last edited:

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
It would be so cub to sweep this series and still not make the playoffs

Bust

Liked Posts:
Marlins have 1 game lead on cubs for last wildcard and also own tiebreaker due to winning season series.

Seasons over

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The Marlins trailed by three after seven innings and scored four in the eighth.

The Cubs are trailing by three and will assume the fetal position.