Favorite prospects not named Anderson or Carter?

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
I mean, that makes sense. But there's exceptions to all rules. Lane Johnson was a top 5 pick, has played RT his whole career and been the best in the league. Tristan Wirfs played RT all thru college and so far in the NFL, picked 13th. Again, an elite RT in this league. Ryan Ramczyk, also a 1st rounder, but later. Jack Conklin another that was picked in the 1st.

Those are literally the best 4 RTs in the league, and elite OTs in general. All 1st round picks. My point being, don't turn down a good lineman because they don't play the valuable LT position. The key is to get good linemen in general. Nobody will care if you spend a 1st round pick on a RT if he's one of the best at his job.
You could add that the way in which teams now rush the passer moving premier pass rushers to create mismatches, both tackles have to up to it at all times.

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
Still think the K State running back Deuce Vaughn would look good running the ball for the bears, one two with Herbert would be good.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
@Hawkeye what do you think of Lukas Van Ness?

He’s incredibly athletic. He’s from Barrington and I actually know his father. You can see where he gets it. His dad looks like a NFL linebacker!

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@Hawkeye what do you think of Lukas Van Ness?

He’s incredibly athletic. He’s from Barrington and I actually know his father. You can see where he gets it. His dad looks like a NFL linebacker!
I'll be honest - I did not watch a lot of Iowa games this year. Busy with life and the offense was so bad I couldn't do it. With that said, Van Ness would be a solid pick in the 3rd/4th (I am of course a homer though). Probably projects as a role player in the NFL. Quick off the line and athletic. Instinctive. Seemed to have a good spin move that worked a lot in college - will be a different story in the NFL. Good hands

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
When lovie picked two dts in the draft he had the luxury of having ogun and brown @de. We don’t have a starting de or dt rn so concentrating on those two position options in fa and draft prob a good idea of making a wish list

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I just don't see any way Poles uses a primo pick on an offensive lineman. At this point, with how our pick is looking, it's "big haul for a trade down", Carter/Anderson or bust. The chips need to fall just right for that massive trade-down, so I'm going keeps my fingers crossed for a top 3 pick which should be enough to get us one of Anderson/Carter as you figure at least one QB is going to be picked in the top 2.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Skoronski, Myles Murphy, Quentin Johnston and Kylee Ringo imo will all be in play if the Bears fall into that 5-8 range.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I literally don't like anyone else if the Bears stay in the top 5. I can't even come up with a 5th best player that I'd be comfortable taking at 5, after Young, Stroud (who they won't take), Carter, and Anderson.

Bresee- doesn't impress me. Good, not great athlete. More of a big motor guy instead of a guy with elite traits, IMO
Skoronski- like has been said, high floor, maybe not an elite ceiling. But that may be fine for OL, if he can stay at OT
Murphy- looks the part, but gives me Clowney vibes. You draft him top 5, you're expecting elite pass rushing potential, but he's a run defender over all else
Johnston- he's probably who I'd have 5 right now, elite potential, reminds me of Tee Higgins. Most likely in this draft to be a true alpha, but doesn't have elite hands or route running
Addison- most likely to produce at the NFL level, but can he be a #1 WR at 175lbs?
Tyree Wilson- again looks the part, freakishly long arms, has a ton of pressures, but doesn't have elite burst
Paris Johnson- don't love him, 1 year as a starter at OT. Looks the part, but previously a guard. Needs a lot of work, IMO.
Cam Smith- best CB, could argue he's 5th best pick, but I just can't stomach 3 earliest picks all used on DBs in 2 years.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable taking one of these guys at like picks 8-10 instead of top 5. And I'd have Bresee and Johnson more in the 15th pick range.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
I would like to say skoronski but if they land a rt in fa and believe in jones prob a pass on that. Focus should be dline and oline but wr should also be an option. I like Addison but not in top five.
I'm not even thinking WR til third round at least personally. Not bcuz I think we have great ones but we need guys that can give Justin 2.5s+ a down for protection. He's a lil slow but he's my guy everywhere else so I'm gonna keep him upright until he can drop that number a bit. It is what it is. Second main group interior and edge Dline. I think if we had some hole cloggers the LBs we do have could make some noise. Remember we don't need to or ever will get it all in one draft. THEN I'm looking for a decent hungry WR and rotational players. However we get there by drafting back or FA is up to them. If we can hit on even 75% of that then I see no reason not to be contenders next season based on how close most games have been this year. With those pieces we should be able to start to learn to win and exert dominance over our division.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
@Wild_x_Card are you the one that was talking about the DT from Pittsburgh? What are his projections?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I mean there’s RT’s that were top 10 picks. Not sure I agree with this. Don’t the Eagles have a 7th rounder at LT and the 4th overall pick at RT?

Whatever happens just get a guy that’s going to be a key piece for the next 10 years. That’s most important to me.
The Bucs put Tristin Wirfs at RT and he went right around top 10.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I literally don't like anyone else if the Bears stay in the top 5. I can't even come up with a 5th best player that I'd be comfortable taking at 5, after Young, Stroud (who they won't take), Carter, and Anderson.

Bresee- doesn't impress me. Good, not great athlete. More of a big motor guy instead of a guy with elite traits, IMO
Skoronski- like has been said, high floor, maybe not an elite ceiling. But that may be fine for OL, if he can stay at OT
Murphy- looks the part, but gives me Clowney vibes. You draft him top 5, you're expecting elite pass rushing potential, but he's a run defender over all else
Johnston- he's probably who I'd have 5 right now, elite potential, reminds me of Tee Higgins. Most likely in this draft to be a true alpha, but doesn't have elite hands or route running
Addison- most likely to produce at the NFL level, but can he be a #1 WR at 175lbs?
Tyree Wilson- again looks the part, freakishly long arms, has a ton of pressures, but doesn't have elite burst
Paris Johnson- don't love him, 1 year as a starter at OT. Looks the part, but previously a guard. Needs a lot of work, IMO.
Cam Smith- best CB, could argue he's 5th best pick, but I just can't stomach 3 earliest picks all used on DBs in 2 years.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable taking one of these guys at like picks 8-10 instead of top 5. And I'd have Bresee and Johnson more in the 15th pick range.
Yeah if we end up with the 5th pick then i'm really all for trading down, if i can't get W.Anderson or J.Carter then that's an easy choice. If we can do that and get back a nice haul then i'd be good with going BPA at that point and now that we added one or two high picks and some mid round picks with that trade down.

So say we're now picking mid 1st round and going BPA then i'm now looking at:
WR
J.Addison
Q.Johnston
Jaxon Smith Njigba---if Poles and crew are good with taking him 1st round.

OL
Paris Johnson Jr
Broderick Jones

DE
Tyree Wilson
Isaiah Foskey

DL
Bryan Bresee

CB
Joey Porter Jr--love this kid
Cam Smith

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
trade down slightly, draft Skoronski.

The Bears need players and they are in prime position to trade down slightly and pick up some early round talent.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
I just don't see any way Poles uses a primo pick on an offensive lineman. At this point, with how our pick is looking, it's "big haul for a trade down", Carter/Anderson or bust. The chips need to fall just right for that massive trade-down, so I'm going keeps my fingers crossed for a top 3 pick which should be enough to get us one of Anderson/Carter as you figure at least one QB is going to be picked in the top 2.
Agreed. Is Poles is an OL guru we skills be able to fill the line with mid round picks and talented castoffs like Leatherwood.

Although I am down to pay Orlando Brown to lock down left tackle for next 5 years.

But no thanks on an OL too early. Could be some centers on the board in round 3 though.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Jordan Addison
Cedric Tillman
Zay Flowers
Jaylin Hyatt
Quinton Johnston
JSN
Tyree Wilson
BJ Ojari
Calijah Kancy
Isaih Foskey